Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

fire6699 wrote: »
    does it ay why you have fail thats bad news
    Hey it does say....I knew anyway as they told me....though I thought the process would have been a bit different....the say I have 14 days to appeal, which is being written right now. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

pablissimo wrote: »
    Got a letter yesterday saying I failed the medical :( have 14 days to appeal though.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Sorry to hear about that pal. Was it something to do with the hearing referral? Get scribbling on that appeal.

I was told I had very accute hearing, but half the time I was unsure whether I had actually heard anything. It could be that I only guessed luckier. :(

carlty888 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that pal. Was it something to do with the hearing referral? Get scribbling on that appeal.

I was told I had very accute hearing, but half the time I was unsure whether I had actually heard anything. It could be that I only guessed luckier. :(
    I know maybe I should have taken a few lucky guesses too. Feck. Will try C15 again and keep my finger on the button lol.

Got a consultant's report from years ago, so fingers crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I know maybe I should have taken a few lucky guesses too. Feck. Will try C15 again and keep my finger on the button lol.

Got a consultant's report from years ago, so fingers crossed....

By all means go for C15, but don't give up on C14 just yet. Good luck with the appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Got a letter yesterday saying I failed the medical :( have 14 days to appeal though.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Dude, that's bad news. I hope your appeal goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

sorry to hear that Pablissimo...get the appeal in....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

So I rang up to find out were I am in the merit list, which I only found out you could do last night.

The woman on the phone was lovely, said I had done really well and was in around 120.

This is my first time round so not sure what it all means, should I be excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

120 is really good. Well done!
    If you pass vetting and medical i'd say you are in with a good chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

well done pc in waiting, never mind a good chance, if you pass vetting and medical you're in! :D fab score, congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

So I rang up to find out were I am in the merit list, which I only found out you could do last night.

The woman on the phone was lovely, said I had done really well and was in around 120.

Congrats to you!! Thats a great score! :)

• Advertisement

Top score! I am sitting on a similar score (within ten points of you) I think you shouldn;t have a problem, subject to Medical and vetting of course....

got my medical date, woohoo :) only thing is, its the day after my birthday!!! Fe**in typical :rolleyes: dont think an alcohol fuelled urine sample would go down too well?

there goes all plans for partyin, i had better pass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 coppertopper

Hey dudes, just had my medical this week and had a drop in my hearing in 1 ear as well, am totally ******** myself as my merit score is less than 100. Does any1 no how the appeal works

I had a slight issue with my hearing but the Doctor said it would not stop me getting in. What did they tell you?

At last guys medical invite came today....it's very soon not much time lol...so pleased....hope i pass!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

8 days and counting since I did my medical and no word yet. Starting to fret.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

integra1 wrote: »
    At last guys medical invite came today....it's very soon not much time lol...so pleased....hope i pass!!!!:D

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

God I really need to stop reading all these posts, totally have myself freaked out, and I still have so long to wait.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

integra1 wrote: »

whats your merit roughly and back round integral1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Slight problem with the hearing too but hope it will be OK. Have to go back to my GP on that. Thought I would be the only one but see a few on here too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

The medical has nothing to do with the drugs test, there are merely held in the same place and happen on the same day. The drugs test is more closely linked to the vetting side of the process

How do you know this?

I had a slight issue with my hearing but the Doctor said it would not stop me getting in. What did they tell you?

they just asked was i aware of this and i said yes, because it showed on my medical last year which i passed but that was when it was capital health! Havent a clue how much it had dropped but it was the high freq!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

How do you know this?

cos a mate of mine was involved in writing the policy and they told me that the medical sits entirely on its own

Mark63 wrote: »
    Slight problem with the hearing too but hope it will be OK. Have to go back to my GP on that. Thought I would be the only one but see a few on here too.

Did u get referred? How long do you have to get something from your G.P, Also what did they say was the problem with your hearing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

MrFug wrote: »
    8 days and counting since I did my medical and no word yet. Starting to fret.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you MrFug we must've done it on the same day!!! To say i'm worried is an understatement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 OnFire

There does seem to be quite a few with hearing problems! I myself had problem at the medical with hearing and am dreading the old letter telling me I have failed! Just wondering if anybody knows what the craic is with appealing it? Where would I need to go to get another hearing test done or a report saying all is fine? (By the way my hearing difficulties were only temporary due to cold messing up my ears)!

OnFire wrote: »
    There does seem to be quite a few with hearing problems! I myself had problem at the medical with hearing and am dreading the old letter telling me I have failed! Just wondering if anybody knows what the craic is with appealing it? Where would I need to go to get another hearing test done or a report saying all is fine? (By the way my hearing difficulties were only temporary due to cold messing up my ears)!
    Hey I got a latter saying I failed. It took 10 days to come from the time of the medical. A small point was it was written a week before it landed on the mat at my house so, it was either sent 2nd class or stock piled in an office somewhere. It said you failed to attain the required standard, however you may appeal with 14 days, if we don't hear from you we assume you don't want to progress....Yours etc....So I lost 7 days straight away...was a bit p1ssed off by that. I called them and they said just write a wee note to them saying I am appealing it to get the ball rolling, I didn't have to supply all information straight away. I stuck a letter in the post along with a supporting consultants report from a few years ago and told them I am prepared to undergo any adjustments necessary (as it says in the Guide to applicants)...blah blah blah....
    Will let you know how things go, have everything crossed, including my eyes, now that they have tested them lol
    Cheers and good luck to all, its starting to get close......

SadieOOO

I'm good bit below 200....

ps non RC

• Advertisement

does anyone know if they take blood tests for cholesterol and the such at the medical?

Advertisement