Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

given1 wrote: »
    hey havemt been on this in a while, just to let yas know heading in for my operation tomorow morning on my knee:eek:!!wish me luck!! ill let yas know how i get on........

given1

Good luck m8. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Fo wrote: »
    Good luck!

yeah good luck given1

hey folks i have a queiry in regards to the substance misuse test part of the medical. (here we go again)
    when people went into the room for the smt did anyone tell you if you could contact anyone if you were worried about the results? i was pretty sure they told me i could ring my point of contact and find out my results usin my d number on my form?

i just rang up and got bounced around a few times. noone new anythin about gettin results over the phone! they said the results would be posted out to ourselves!! the next logical question is to ask has anyone received a letter with their drugs test results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Yeah, the man taking my sample said you could ring up and find out about your results, and thats why they stick the little barcode at the top of your sheet. Maybe you have to ring the drugs company directly?
    I had my medical 2 weeks ago, and still no drugs test letter.

• Advertisement

bobbin88 wrote: »
    Yeah, the man taking my sample said you could ring up and find out about your results, and thats why they stick the little barcode at the top of your sheet. Maybe you have to ring the drugs company directly?

just tried the company. they said they couldnt give results over the phone. i asked them if they could tell me who they are sent to in the psni they said they are sent to the Officer in Charge of the Substance Misuse test! I rang the psni and no one has heard of such an officer!!! i got an extension number of someone but she must be away for lunch!!!

did u try ringing up yet bobbin?

Lol! What a kerfuffle!
    No, I haven't rang up yet, and don't think I will now, as I would have gotten wayyy to flustered on the phone if I were you!
    Let me know if you get through to the extension number!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Bobbin,

did u get result of ur medical itself yet?

Yeah, I got my pass letter last week.

Yeah, I got my pass letter last week.

cheers, so what would have been the timeframe from sitting med till getting letter in post plz?

• Advertisement

Mine only took 4 days, so not too long.
    Have you just recently done yours?

Mine only took 4 days, so not too long.
    Have you just recently done yours?

cheers bobbin, I did last week. Just hoping I get the letter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Has anyone who did the medical last week got results yet??

Lol! What a kerfuffle!
    No, I haven't rang up yet, and don't think I will now, as I would have gotten wayyy to flustered on the phone if I were you!
    Let me know if you get through to the extension number!

tried that number! guess what she said i had to ring jmj lab (the company performing the test) she said the occ health and welfare dont deal with it and jmj will post us out the results individually. when i rang jmj earlier however they said the results are posted to the officer in charge of the substance misuse test and we wont get the results to us not even over the phone! i tried explainin this to the woman but no i still have to ring jmj and get my results from them!

annoys the hell outta me!

does anyone else wanna try? if so try jmj and then try psni!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

There was someone on this site a while back who said that the drugs test had nothing to do with the medical (other than being held at the same venue), but is more closely linked to the vetting. If this is true, it might be why OHW don't have any results.

Although. If the drugs test is linked with the vetting, how can someone pass their vetting without having sat the drugs test? I know of at least one person who has passed the vetting and is yet to be invited for a medical.

12 days since I done my medical and STILL no post. This is driving me crazy! Has or is anyone waited/waiting this long??

I think i'll phone them tomorrow if nothing arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Has anyone actually asked the doctor on the day? I'm planning on a casual 'so you're happy enough with my fitness then?', hoping he/she will say yes.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Penis Eye wrote: »
    just tried the company. they said they couldnt give results over the phone. i asked them if they could tell me who they are sent to in the psni they said they are sent to the Officer in Charge of the Substance Misuse test! I rang the psni and no one has heard of such an officer!!! i got an extension number of someone but she must be away for lunch!!!

did u try ringing up yet bobbin?
    Penis Eye wrote: »
    tried that number! guess what she said i had to ring jmj lab (the company performing the test) she said the occ health and welfare dont deal with it and jmj will post us out the results individually. when i rang jmj earlier however they said the results are posted to the officer in charge of the substance misuse test and we wont get the results to us not even over the phone! i tried explainin this to the woman but no i still have to ring jmj and get my results from them!

annoys the hell outta me!

does anyone else wanna try? if so try jmj and then try psni!!
    carlty888 wrote: »
    There was someone on this site a while back who said that the drugs test had nothing to do with the medical (other than being held at the same venue), but is more closely linked to the vetting. If this is true, it might be why OHW don't have any results.

Although. If the drugs test is linked with the vetting, how can someone pass their vetting without having sat the drugs test? I know of at least one person who has passed the vetting and is yet to be invited for a medical.

The Officer in Charge is based in the vetting section of PSNI which is why it's more closely linked with the vetting part than the medical. No results will be given over the phone so you have been given a bum steer there and JMJ are not authorised to discuss the tests with anyone. Dunno why someone told you that they had never heard of the Officer in Charge... seems odd to me but I guess it depends on who you were talking to, does seem like a bit of a mess tho. It's handled by the Substance Misuse Unit in the vetting section of Criminal Justice.

No one has yet been notified of their drug test results as yet... I think there are some teething issues with the admin side of the pre-recruitment testing. Not sure yet if people will be notified of negative tests or whether it will be just positive tests. Hope this helps folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

PandaPants wrote: »
    Has anyone actually asked the doctor on the day? I'm planning on a casual 'so you're happy enough with my fitness then?', hoping he/she will say yes.

:D

Yeah I asked her straight out if I would pass and she seemed postive. You may as well ask, what is the worst that could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

got eyes tested today. 6/5 in one eye and 6/9 in the other anyone know what this means please or if its good enough.

• Advertisement

I phoned OH&W today to see if there was some hold-up with my medical results. The girl said that she had "loads to put on" today. I assumed she meant the system which then generates the pass/fail letters. She predicted that I would hear by the end of the week or early next week. So anyone who has been waiting as long as me, there is SOME kind of an answer.

IF I do hear early next week, that will have been almost 3 weeks to wait on medical results!! Nobody else has heard of anyone waiting this long?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Just to let you all know that Given1 had the op on his knee and it went very well, he's in a fair bit of pain but it was a success and he hopes for a speedy recovery. Hopefully once he's healed and gets the ok he'll be on the way to GV!!!
    ( With me and PYG and Fo in the same squad naturally!! )

Get well soon chum!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Just to let you all know that Given1 had the op on his knee and it went very well, he's in a fair bit of pain but it was a success and he hopes for a speedy recovery. Hopefully once he's healed and gets the ok he'll be on the way to GV!!!

Oh yeah baby!! Given1 just text me, the poor bloke! X

prob wont happen. given1 is part of C13. were all C14. so he will prob be selected for november or december intake of campaign 13.

phoned up recruitment yesterday. girl told me my name has been forwarded for medical date even though i havent recieved vetting forms yet. dont know whats happening here!!!. she sounded under alot of pressure.

prob wont happen. given1 is part of C13. were all C14. so he will prob be selected for november or december intake of campaign 13.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility. There will be a number of people from C13 starting in 2009. Mostly people who have had to defer or those whos vetting has taken a long time. I personaly know of at least one.

November and December will possibly come too early for Given1 anyway. He only had the operation yesterday and will want suffient time to recover.

Given1 - good luck with the recovery. Take you time though. It wouldn't be good to rush back and collapse at tthe medical.

phoned up recruitment yesterday. girl told me my name has been forwarded for medical date even though i havent recieved vetting forms yet. dont know whats happening here!!!. she sounded under alot of pressure.

That sounds like good news pal. Congrats.

carlty888 wrote: »
    That sounds like good news pal. Congrats.

crazy crazy process. they can tell you that you have been put forward for a medical but you havent recieved vetting forms yet. crazy. my eyes are 6/5 and 6/9 is this ok for the medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Hi Sadie, good news about being forwarded for a medical!

As far as I can remeber, the information sent out with the medical date details the exact eyesight requirements. I'll have a look when I get home (or if anyone else has their forms handy) to let you know these, then if you go back opticians where you had your eyes tested they could compare your results to the requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

crazy crazy process. they can tell you that you have been put forward for a medical but you havent recieved vetting forms yet. crazy. my eyes are 6/5 and 6/9 is this ok for the medical.

That sounds fine to me, but best check with your optician. From memory (too lazy to look it up lol) I think it's 6/18 unaided and 6/12 aided required so you are well above both of those.

Well done on the medical :)

MBC x

Advertisement