Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 groovetothebeat

First off this request is not made under the

Personally, and im not trying to be rude, but the excuse I didn't hear the Judge dosnt wash as you would receive all Convictions from PPS in writing anyway!

Thanks bud for the advice in your post :)

To be honest all the paper i got was a envelope with the fine & it was posted out to me, no other documents ever appeared, So maybe I didn't get a suspended sentence???

All I remember was the judge saying something like "if i see you back here again the penalty will be much more severe" So from that i assumed that i had got a suspended sentence & if i was back he meant i was going to jail?

I was too embarassed in court and couldn't wait to get out to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Its probably best that you inform them immediately. As JVB pointed out, this will probably mean that you'll be unable to apply until 5 years have passed since the date of conviction. If you did receive a suspended sentence, then according to the Consensia website this would make you completely inelligible for selection for PSNI. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Got the letter yesterday, passed my medical. So pleased I was so scared to open the envelope.

It said I would be contacted shortly, shortly by PSNI standards probably means 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

Got the letter yesterday, passed my medical. So pleased I was so scared to open the envelope.

It said I would be contacted shortly, shortly by PSNI standards probably means 6 months.

Congratulations! I'm sure you won't have to wait too long! :D

JUK

Congratulations pal. Only the vetting (and the waiting. :( ) to go now. Vetting will be the thing that holds most of us up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

Hey PC when did you do your medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

Hey

I did my medical about 2 weeks ago, was starting to freak out as I have heard people get letters as soon as 4 days after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

I did mine on a Wednesday and had the letter by Saturday, but they told me on the day I'd passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Hi Tango Victor I can see exactly where you're coming from and agree totally!!!
    Got vetting today (yes!) and have Med some time next week so hopefully all goes well!!!!

By the way Tango Victor, a friend of mine has just done HER med there, she seems to have done well, all the best to her and all applying ( good luck!!!)

Oh MidnightRed... if that is your REAL name?! What a tit u are!!

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BanTownCop

I got my letter saying i made it onto the merit list , then i had my medical and i passed it ,, so what happens next and when do i hear from PSNI next ??

any help will be very much appreciated

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tanzo22

I have my medical coming up very soon and want to know what all it entails?!? Also they say to wear suitable clothes? how can i tell what is suitable if i dont know what I'll be doing? any suggestions?

Whats this about the merit list as well? should I be told about that or do I have to ring and find out?

Im sorry if im being a bit simple about all this! Just scared im gonna have to stand in my bra and knickers while people poke at me lol.:mad: :eek:

Thanks,

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

Hi all, had a minor complication with my medical and had to send in a letter from a consultant. All routine but I haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know a number for OH&W so I can find out if I passed it or not?

Thanks All

I have my letter in front of me and the only number it provides is 028 90922930 and thats if you wont be able to provide a suitable hair sample so you could maybe try it and see if they could put you through to the right place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Hi all, had a minor complication with my medical and had to send in a letter from a consultant. All routine but I haven't heard anything back yet. Does anyone know a number for OH&W so I can find out if I passed it or not?

Thanks All

ring 02890650222 and ask to be put through to occ health and welfare. only thing is if its about the substance misuse test they wont tell you anythin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Guys is it ok to have an application in for the Harbour Police and PSNI at the same time? Cheers

Penis Eye wrote: »
    ring 02890650222 and ask to be put through to occ health and welfare. only thing is if its about the substance misuse test they wont tell you anythin!!

Thanks, no its not about that so I'll phone now and see what they say :)

Your scores in the Assessment Centre (AC) will determine your placing on the merit list. The person who scores highest will be at number one. Those who score lower, will have higher merit numbers. To discover your merit number call 028 90650222 and ask to be put through to Recruitment branch. Getting a medical seems to be indicative of a decent placing on the merit list.

BanTownCop - Congrats on passing the medical. Now it's all about the waiting! :( You'll get your AC feedback from Consensia in November.

If you fail the vetting, you'll receive a Dear John letter (it won't tell you why you fail vetting. I think you have to request this under Freedom of Information).

If you pass the vetting and are placed sufficiently well on the merit list, you will be contacted by Recruitment and offered a place. This could be anytime between December 08 and December 09.

tanzo22 - During the medical you will be tested on the following;
    • eyesight - vision and colour-blindness.
    • hearing - sitting in a small box and pressing a button when you hear a beep. A good tip is to keep your eyes closed.
    • spirometer test - tests lung function.
    • BMI - Your BMI will need to be under 30 to pass. If you fail you may be asked to attend the Physical Competence Assessment (PCA) - Kinda like a small indoor assault course.
    • Drugs Test - New for C14. They'll cut a couple of lumps out of your hair. May leave bald spots! :eek:
    • General Testing with Doctor - You'll have to do a few stretches etc, then strip down to underwear and lie on a bed for the poking and prodding. It's not as intrusive as it sounds.
    Wear something that your comfortable to do all the stretching in. Tracksuit and trainers or something like that. Nothing fancy necessary here.

integra1 wrote: »
    Guys is it ok to have an application in for the Harbour Police and PSNI at the same time? Cheers

I don't think this is a problem. Although, if you were to be successful in getting into the Harbour Police, you'd be more-or-less tied to it for a couple of years. If you were to leave within the first year, you'd have to reimburse the HP for the cost of your training. It's 50% of training costs if you were to leave within the second year.

Well I passed my medical and placed around 100 Non RC so fingers crossed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Thats a really good placing, well done :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations. Pass you medical and vetting and you're as good as in.

carlty888 wrote: »
    Congratulations. Pass you medical and vetting and you're as good as in.
    squirrel81 wrote: »
    Thats a really good placing, well done :)

Thanks, nervous as hell, but really excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Thanks for the info carlty re Harbour etc, very early stages anyways, but would go PSNI route before it anyday - no question.

Thanks Carlty, hmmm still not looking forward to the stripping bit lol. Maybe shouldn't wear an old pair of pants then! haha.:D

tanzo22 wrote: »
    Thanks Carlty, hmmm still not looking forward to the stripping bit lol. Maybe shouldn't wear an old pair of pants then! haha.:D

As long as they're clean!! :D

Good luck with the med.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NewBoy19

Hi guys just new to this site...very helpfull!

Just off the phone with recruitment to get my merit number...im below 50 and im non-RC!

Im guessin this is good enough to get in from reading the other threads!?!?

NewBoy19 wrote: »
    Hi guys just new to this site...very helpfull!

Just off the phone with recruitment to get my merit number...im below 50 and im non-RC!

Im guessin this is good enough to get in from reading the other threads!?!?

If you pass you vetting and medical, then definately. Have you had word on either of these?

Congratulations. :)

Can I just ask, whats the merit list based on? Is this everyone whos applied so far in this comp?

Im around the 215 mark and non - rc, is this good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 NewBoy19

carlty888 wrote: »
    If you pass you vetting and medical, then definately. Have you had word on either of these?

Congratulations. :)

Tried to dig out my letter there but I got a reply from OH saying I passed my medical.

No word on my vetting yet...any idea how long that takes?

Also do you know the next intake for C14?

• Advertisement

tanzo22 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, whats the merit list based on? Is this everyone whos applied so far in this comp?

Im around the 215 mark and non - rc, is this good?

In all honesty, we're still a bit in the dark on this. From what we've been able to figure out, it's based primarily on the results of your performance at the Assessment Centre, but other factors such as the Initial Selection Test scores and the number of times you've applied may be taken into account.

That sort of score should be good enough though. :)

<350 for non-RC's and <700 for RC's could be what you'd need to get in. People failing vetting, medicals and turning down offers of appointment will affect those estimates though. Apparently there have been a lot of people not showing up for the medicals.

Advertisement