Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

well I have just had my medical very very recently, and the doc seemed to have no concerns, said I'm medically fine....asked about my exercising routine and where I play football etc. They want to know if we exercise regularly guys me thinks!! -They do seem very nice people in OHW though.....

The nursey didn't give too much away, but she didn't seem to have any problems either! Just want a letter now to confirm I have hopefully passed!!! please be quick! lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

gaz1234 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, with regard to the medical...you don't get a pass letter for the drugs test. And they are taking some c14 in the nov 16th intake!!!!!:)

Interesting! Do you know someone that has been recruited from c14 for nov intake? They have to give you a months notice is that right?

Any idea if you are supposed to inquire about your drugs test or not? Its been nearly two weeks since medical and misuse test for me and i havent heard a thing. altho that seems to be the general feeling on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

The guy who did mine told me that if i hadn't heard after 2 weeks to ring them and gove them my batch number, or whatever it's called and they will give me the results over the phone. However, someone else says this is not true.

It's all soooo confusing! AAARRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Also at the medical the doctor told me I would hear back in about 2 weeks. I know that we were told 2wks for the drugs test results but I found it strange I was told my medical results would take two weeks as other people I know had heard back in a matter of days...

I suppose nothing in all this is clear cut and explainable so best to just wait patiently...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

i asked the substance misuse guy if the results come separately or included in the overall medical result, and he said it was altogether. So, if you pass medical, you've passed the drug test. BTW, I have 4 :eek: spiky bald bits now. He really goes for it with those scissors! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

squirrel81 wrote: »
    i asked the substance misuse guy if the results come separately or included in the overall medical result, and he said it was altogether. So, if you pass medical, you've passed the drug test. BTW, I have 4 :eek: spiky bald bits now. He really goes for it with those scissors! :p

Thats what he told me too...shortly before he got scissor happy!

he doesn't half, I have a bald patch to lol...horrific looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

i asked the substance misuse guy if the results come separately or included in the overall medical result, and he said it was altogether. So, if you pass medical, you've passed the drug test. :p

i would like that to be true as it would take a lot of strain off my nerves. but jmj (the company involved in the smt) is based in england, i did my medical on a wednesday afternoon (dont worry im not saying which wednesday so i cant be identified people) and heard back with a pass letter on the saturday. that means my sample was analysed either wednesday evening or thursday morn, posted to psni asap and everythin sorted and confirmed and posted out to me by the friday to arrive by saturday.

I would like to believe that but it also says in one of our letters that you will recieve your smt results within 14 days. fair enough its been more than 14 days for some of us but i think that would imply they 2 are seperate.

guess that just means anyone who s worried and passed the medical isnt out of the woods yet! me included!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭PC Inwaiting

MrFug wrote: »
    I'm currently a big sweaty, pulsating, hiving ball of raw nerve ends.

On Wednesday it will have been THREE WEEKS since I had my medical and no word! THREE....BLOODY....WEEKS. Then if I fail, i'll have good knows how many more weeks to wait for the appeal process to conclude.

Seriously, I should get some kind of diploma for sticking this recruitment campaign.

P.S lol @ belfastard's spud spillage. hahahaha.

I can't believe you have not heard anything yet, you should def ring them and tell them to get their asses in gear.

Thinking postive thoughts for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

And they are taking some c14 in the nov 16th intake!!!!!:)

Does the take up from C14 in the nov batch have to be 50:50 or will they make up any shortfall in the next batch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

So I have an appoitment to see my GP because at my medical something was detected - The Doc said to see my GP and gave me an envelope with a return address. The Doc said that every thing else with my medical was fine, however things would be put on hold for 4 weeks and any evidence would have to be submitted before then. So has this happened to any one else? I figure I'll get my GP to write me a letter stating that the detected thing is nothing to worry about and will not hinder me medically in any way? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Hey everyone, with regard to the medical...you don't get a pass letter for the drugs test. And they are taking some c14 in the nov 16th intake!!!!!:)

Care to expand on this a little?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Why is everyone so worried about the hair sample/drugs testing thingy? Surely if you haven't been doing naughty stuff you have nothing to worry about?

I think all of this waiting and secrecy is incorporated into the whole recruitment process on purpose, like cold war mind game tactics! - testing out will power and all that baloney; if folk (including myself in this) are getting all hett up and nervous about not hearing anything from recruitment what would we be like if we did get in and found ourselves placed in some horrific situation, suppose what i am trying to say is that the psni know a certain amount of people will just lose interest/heart in getting in, doing a wee bit more of the elimination work for them. Am just blabbering:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Why is everyone so worried about the hair sample/drugs testing thingy? Surely if you haven't been doing naughty stuff you have nothing to worry about?

This is true. Although I have a slight concern due to medication that I was taking recently (legitimate and declared!) that MAY result in a false-positive for one of the proscribed drugs listed. It should be alright however, all this waiting has made me hyper-paranoid. :(

P.S This is why it's important that you list EVERYTHING you've taken in the last 6 months. Even trivial medication or drugs you know they're not testing specifically for.

any medical results this week so far guys? couple of us, me and squirell81 waiting on ours, only done medical recently but and on same day lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigbluelight

how far down the snellen chart do you have to read to warrant a pass??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

see the way they take a hair sample. for all those male subjects who had a medical, how long was your hair and everyone, especially the ladies ;) did they take armpit samples n all. my hair is medium length i guess.

they took a good clump!! from the top/back of my head and my hair is pretty long. also there was an extension missin afterwards :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

hi folks thank god boards is back up and workin. that was bad earlier, dunno if anyone tried to log in but it nearly ruined my boards fix!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

haha, i better take out my lenghtners thingy ma bobs!!!

yeah, im sure there were a lot more people dieing because they couldnt access it!!!

extensions thats it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

they need a minimum of 3cm, and if you don't have that then it's taken from the armpit (if you're male, they don't ask females for that)

can i also just ask out of curiosity, how far down eye sight chart you need to be able to read..was fine with both eyes but each time when one eye was covered, I couldn't clearly get everything in last line or so!

cheers

I couldnt even get the last line with both eyes :) But the lovely nurse said getting to the 2nd last line was more than enough, so you are fine for sure :p

Thanks Squirell matey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

I couldnt even get the last line with both eyes :) But the lovely nurse said getting to the 2nd last line was more than enough, so you are fine for sure :p

SECOND LAST LINE....... holy sh*t hi. left eye no sweat but right eye think i can get half way down unaided. any ideas.

HELP HELP!!!! had an operation 5 years ago. it was a varicouse seal to help me have a child. it wont affect me in the job. do i need anything from the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

how far down the snellen chart do you have to read to warrant a pass??

2nd line from top without glasses.

2nd line from bottom with glasses

SADIEOOO, get the doc to note on your form about the op, and how it does not affect your health or fitness. BE COVERED FOR EVERYTHING!

SADIEOOO, get the doc to note on your form about the op, and how it does not affect your health or fitness. BE COVERED FOR EVERYTHING!

cheers i think ill do that. i forgot all bout that operation. cant wait for the medical bring it on!!!!!

• Advertisement

Its certainly an experience :p

Advertisement