Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

smyff wrote: »
    with my medical within close times this week, im just wondering, but did anyone else have bad dreams lol

i had a dream last night i was sitting at a table with my best mates sister and his wee brother (whose like 12) and i was smoking a joint. i was really raking the bag out of it and they started freaking out at me saying i had my medical the next day. i was like its sweet they wont find it. then i woke up and though "holy ****. what the hell did i do last night ive got my medical today"

then i realised that it was all just a dream. how bad is that

That is bad craic!! Smokin in your sleep, would be a great excuse though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

lolli-j wrote: »
    That is bad craic!! Smokin in your sleep, would be a great excuse though! ;)

lol. its scary though! im sure youve had similar ones about other things lol.

lol. its scary though! im sure youve had similar ones about other things lol.

lol yea i suppose so, but not so much about drugs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

with my medical within close times this week, im just wondering, but did anyone else have bad dreams lol

i had a dream last night i was sitting at a table with my best mates sister and his wee brother (whose like 12) and i was smoking a joint. i was really raking the bag out of it and they started freaking out at me saying i had my medical the next day. i was like its sweet they wont find it. then i woke up and though "holy ****. what the hell did i do last night ive got my medical today"

then i realised that it was all just a dream. how bad is that

That is SO weird. I had the same dream last week, except I was snorting coke and then wandered into the toilets and was looking at myself saying "what have you done, you silly bint??"

LOL

PandaPants wrote: »
    That is SO weird. I had the same dream last week, except I was snorting coke and then wandered into the toilets and was looking at myself saying "what have you done, you silly bint??"

LOL

lol, but wtfs bint mean lol. its really cause of it being the main thing which would fail my medical. we both woke up thinking that we had doomed ourselves lol.

and theres my eyes. and my hearing. and lungs aswell. i bet ill have my eyes being ripped out tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Bint. Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

lol, but wtfs bint mean lol. its really cause of it being the main thing which would fail my medical. we both woke up thinking that we had doomed ourselves lol.

and theres my eyes. and my hearing. and lungs aswell. i bet ill have my eyes being ripped out tonight

You still have to do your medical?? I passed mine over a month ago! lol

I'm not totally sure what a Bint is, so I googled it. Apparently it originated from an Arabic word for "girl" or "daughter". The meaning appears to have evolved though.....

PandaPants wrote: »
    You still have to do your medical?? I passed mine over a month ago! lol

I'm not totally sure what a Bint is, so I googled it. Apparently it originated from an Arabic word for "girl" or "daughter". The meaning appears to have evolved though.....

aye lol. its maidin amárach. keeking it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

I left my MHQ into the doctors today and nearly collapsed with shock when the receptionist told me it would cost me £85!!!! I was expecting about £40 :eek:. What a rip off. If I fail the medical I'll be even more annoyed.

MBC x

P.S. Good luck tomorrow Smyff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I left my MHQ into the doctors today and nearly collapsed with shock when the receptionist told me it would cost me £85!!!! I was expecting about £40 :eek:. What a rip off. If I fail the medical I'll be even more annoyed.

MBC x

Holy sh1t MBC, thats waayyyyyyy toooooo much. At my doctors they charge £10 or else do it for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

MBC x

Are you serious?!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I only had to pay a tenner. Last year I didn't have to pay a cent!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Holy sh1t MBC, thats waayyyyyyy toooooo much. At my doctors they charge £10 or else do it for free.

I know!!! I was prepared to pay because our doctors wouldn't do anything for nothing :rolleyes: but £85??? I still can't get over it.

And with my crappy eyesight I'll more than likely fail the medical anyway :(. Tut £85.

MBC x

MBC x

cheers MBC! i need it. 85 loops is a rip. i got mine for a fiver which i did expect to be a bit more!

same for me sort of with the eyes, but more so colour blindness. ive done tests and it should be better. its not as bad as my brothers! and ears, for all those years ive pumped the tunes ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

i got my med date changed for december...phew! so im non RC and in the the 310s, anyone else in a similar situation? i REALLY want this, i feel like one of those ones on the x factor. i will cry so bad if i fail anything at this stage!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Hi Guys and Dolls,

How everyone doing? I just got letter today for medical next tues. Doesnt give me much time to get reports but I guess I prob should have got them but I really wasnt epecting a date so soon! Just sent off vetting forms few weeks ago and they have to be sent to the guards and the recession will just be a blip in peoples memories once they get it checked!
    My biggest fear is the hearing test. I have a grommet inserted in the left ear, anyone any help!? My hearing is grand Prob a slight dent in it but Im sure im way inside the standard for the hearing test. Must harrass consultants secretary to get report ASAP!! Think im going to fail but theres always hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

MBC x

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Holy ****!
    Mine was £10, £85 is a disgrace!
    You'd think there'd be come kinda law against that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

yea there is its called theft! Thats ridiculous. Got mine done for free. And would never have expected a bill of over £40....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Good luck with medical also smyff. hope it all goes well! if anyone has any advice for me feel free to give if, even if it is wrong! hey carlty, your anal comment from earlier did have me puzzled! I got the picture when i read on down!

manaka wrote: »
    Good luck with medical also smyff. hope it all goes well! if anyone has any advice for me feel free to give if, even if it is wrong! hey carlty, your anal comment from earlier did have me puzzled! I got the picture when i read on down!

It does seem out of place now. I guess you had to be there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

i got my med date changed for december...phew! so im non RC and in the the 310s, anyone else in a similar situation? i REALLY want this, i feel like one of those ones on the x factor. i will cry so bad if i fail anything at this stage!! :(

Im still waiting on a med date though im in the 350's non RC. Think my score isnt good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Im still waiting on a med date tho i im in the 350's non RC. Think my score isnt good enough.
    Me too... non RC with merit score in middle 300s, still no date for a medical and I have been told by recruitment/OHW that am not on any lists for the future at the minute.

Fingers crossed for you guys. :cool:

cheers for the good luck

my eyesight was pretty good which was suprising. i think i did good in my hearing test, im a great person at hearing what others say. same with the colour blind test i did good in that i think. the strip down went well. just have to wait on my hair test results!

17.9 BMI lol. how bad is that. skinny mofo.

the one thing im worried about though is the lung capacity now. i thought id be ok with it but it really did rape my lungs. i wasnt expecting it. i can jog for a good 30 minutes and everything so its pretty good, but i dont think i met the standard for it. do you just have to be within the 2 blue lines (blue area) on the reader?

don't worry too much about the lung capacity....mine was rubbish and i ended up panicking for nothing!

You'll be grand :D

oh yeah, how long is it before i get my SMT and med results. do they come together or whats the craic. does any one know any body whos failed SMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

oh yeah, how long is it before i get my SMT and med results. do they come together or whats the craic. does any one know any body whos failed SMT

Everybodies is different. I waited one month for the med result, and about 6 weeks for the SMT. Maybe more...can't remember. I would say they are less busy now so hopefully you shouldn't have to wait to long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

Inside the blue area is the target with the lung capacity, if you are in the blue you passed. my medical result arrived after 2 days SMT took about 4 or 5 weeks

MORRI wrote: »
    Inside the blue area is the target with the lung capacity, if you are in the blue you passed. my medical result arrived after 2 days SMT took about 4 or 5 weeks

beast fug ill keep us updated.

see for the lungs, it kept popping up a warning message even though i was within the standard. the nurse asked me to keep going though, i saw that i was within. i think she might have been just trying for me to do my best. she really was a lovely woman.

lolli-j wrote: »
    don't worry too much about the lung capacity....mine was rubbish and i ended up panicking for nothing!

You'll be grand :D

sorry i didnt see this lol. how rubbish was it? i think it mightnt let me get it really lol. how fit are you, fitness wise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

sorry i didnt see this lol. how rubbish was it? i think it mightnt let me get it really lol. how fit are you, fitness wise?

no worries there smyff!!!!;)

Advertisement