Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    no worries there smyff!!!!;)

lol. are you a lad or a lass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

smyff wrote: »
    lol. are you a lad or a lass?

Most definitely a lad smyff dont like ur edit note though!!:D

Most definitely a lad smyff dont like ur edit note though!!:D

lmao. its true isnt it hahahahahha

lmao. its true isnt it hahahahahha

Not true kid but they are not as bad as the stories i have heard about you though hehehehe!!!:D

lmfao chief. you wish hahaha. all those sleepless nights lol

• Advertisement

lmfao chief. you wish hahaha. all those sleepless nights lol

No sleepless nights lol!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

whats all this about 'raping your lungs?' do you just do a normal lung capacity test or do you have to run on a treadmill first? and what do you have to do when get your kit off? i just wanna know what to expect!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

when you report to the security guard you get your kit off and blow!!
    only joking, strip to undies no treadmill just blow into the pipe;)

MORRI wrote: »
    when you report to the security guard you get your kit off and blow!!
    only joking, strip to undies no treadmill just blow into the pipe;)

Did you say "pipe"?? glad we got that all sorted out!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭ciaran2008

cheers for the good luck

my eyesight was pretty good which was suprising. i think i did good in my hearing test, im a great person at hearing what others say. same with the colour blind test i did good in that i think. the strip down went well. just have to wait on my hair test results!

17.9 BMI lol. how bad is that. skinny mofo.

the one thing im worried about though is the lung capacity now. i thought id be ok with it but it really did rape my lungs. i wasnt expecting it. i can jog for a good 30 minutes and everything so its pretty good, but i dont think i met the standard for it. do you just have to be within the 2 blue lines (blue area) on the reader?

I bet your only worried about the lung capacity test because that nurse kept getting you to do it again right? Well she done that to me anyway and then everytime I tried to do it she was like "keep blowing, keep blowing" even though my face was purple :eek:

I didn't have a clue what that graph represented but I was really worried about that test when I left but I passed my Med and SMT anway so . . happy days :D

• Advertisement

ciaran2008 wrote: »
    I bet your only worried about the lung capacity test because that nurse kept getting you to do it again right? Well she done that to me anyway and then everytime I tried to do it she was like "keep blowing, keep blowing" even though my face was purple :eek:

I didn't have a clue what that graph represented but I was really worried about that test when I left but I passed my Med and SMT anway so . . happy days :D

Waiting on the call ciaran??:D

Waiting on the call ciaran??:D

waiting on vetting :o atleast I think so. . too afraid to ring them :rolleyes:

seriously tempted to ring tomorrow though. . but I say that everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

waiting on vetting :o atleast I think so. . too afraid to ring them :rolleyes:

seriously tempted to ring tomorrow though. . but I say that everyday

Be thankful you have something to ring them about....:rolleyes:
    Meanwhile I'm just festering away in my little corner of the Big Smoke, waiting for the next recruitment campaign:o

Be thankful you have something to ring them about....:rolleyes:
    Meanwhile I'm just festering away in my little corner of the Big Smoke, waiting for the next recruitment campaign:o

I know. . I think the majority of us will have to re-apply for C15 :mad: I really don't want to do that IST again!! worst part of the recruitment process by far. . I was sure I had failed it!!

Its crap but being a Catholic is the only thing keeping me in this process. . if it was best man for the job I'd never of been offered med or got vetting forms!!

I know. . I think the majority of us will have to re-apply for C15 :mad: I really don't want to do that IST again!! worst part of the recruitment process by far. . I was sure I had failed it!!

Its crap but being a Catholic is the only thing keeping me in this process. . if it was best man for the job I'd never of been offered med or got vetting forms!!

I'm dreading the IST again.
    I'm also changing my name to Bernadette O'Flaherty to see if that helps!! LOL :D
    It was the 50:50 wiped me out this time, I was comfortably in the top 440:(

whats all this about 'raping your lungs?' do you just do a normal lung capacity test or do you have to run on a treadmill first? and what do you have to do when get your kit off? i just wanna know what to expect!!

lol it just hurt me like mad blowing into the machine because i had a cold last week and i was dieing.

ciaran, yeah, she kept me doing that, but im still worried lol. good luck on the vetting.

BURNEY!!! you should re-register and use burney_2t8 as your new name mrsgenehunt.

back when i worked in tk maxx there were a few southern customers in and when one saw clearance, she told her friend. she then asked how long we would be open for. me and my manager and a few other associates said we are open late until 11 for x-mas! and she exclaimed "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DID YOU HEARRRRR THAT BURNNNNNNNEY!!!" and they ran off into clearance to spend their entire months wages.

I'm also changing my name to Bernadette O'Flaherty to see if that helps!! LOL :D

Well you are not out just yet! What is your merit number anyway if you don't mind me asking? mine was in 600's so I was actually suprised to get vetting or a med!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 downboy

lol it just hurt me like mad blowing into the machine because i had a cold last week and i was dieing.

ciaran, yeah, she kept me doing that, but im still worried lol. good luck on the vetting.

BURNEY!!! you should re-register and use burney_2t8 as your new name mrsgenehunt.

back when i worked in tk maxx there were a few southern customers in and when one saw clearance, she told her friend. she then asked how long we would be open for. me and my manager and a few other associates said we are open late until 11 for x-mas! and she exclaimed "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! DID YOU HEARRRRR THAT BURNNNNNNNEY!!!" and they ran off into clearance to spend their entire months wages.

Is anyone else really scared about the fact that Smyff could be a police officer soon, and responsible for our safety???;):eek:;):eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Its been over two weeks since my test and medical. No word from PSNI so I rang ???. They have no record of my sample and |I give them all my details including ref number etc. they told me to get back to the PSNI. I rang OH and they told me that the people looking after the meds etc wont be in for the rest of the week.....What is going on????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

surfrunner wrote: »
    Its been over two weeks since my test and medical. No word from PSNI so I rang ***. They have no record of my sample and |I give them all my details including ref number etc. they told me to get back to the PSNI. I rang OH and they told me that the people looking after the meds etc wont be in for the rest of the week.....What is going on????????
    You should delete the company name from your post. They could be off training and *** should never give you any details over the phone EVER. You are not there customer the PSNI is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Oopps!! I know they wouldnt be able to give details over the phone. I just wanted to check if they had received it. he told me they hadnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

When I rang OH a few weeks back the very nice girl there told me they only do medicals on a Monday and Tuesday so maybe they are only available on those days? It was a Monday I phoned. My medical is getting close :eek:. Scary biscuits.

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fifty50

I'm all confused now. Are people still waiting for medicals??

I was told that all medicials finished on October 31st and that around 15 candidtes were taken each day over a six week period meaning 75 or so over 6 equals...using calculator...450 people.

I found the medical people really friendly and helpful, got my pass letter after 10 days but the SMT result didn't arrive for a month.

Does anyone think we'll hear this side of New Year??

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Fifty50 wrote: »
    I'm all confused now. Are people still waiting for medicals??

I was told that all medicials finished on October 31st and that around 15 candidtes were taken each day over a six week period meaning 75 or so over 6 equals...using calculator...450 people.

I found the medical people really friendly and helpful, got my pass letter after 10 days but the SMT result didn't arrive for a month.

Does anyone think we'll hear this side of New Year??

I have my medical next week, so they are definitely still going on! Only really my eyesight to worry about, I think :eek: unless something else rears it's ugly head :confused:

I don't expect to hear until the very end and will probably get a Dear John as am pretty sure I'm a 'just in casey' :rolleyes: but I think if you've a pretty good merit number you should hopefully hear before New Year - but who knows really :confused:

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

Sorry but I don't understand why you would post this. Are you slaggin off people from the Republic or what? It's not even like it was a funny post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

surfrunner wrote: »
    Its been over two weeks since my test and medical. No word from PSNI so I rang ???. They have no record of my sample and |I give them all my details including ref number etc. they told me to get back to the PSNI. I rang OH and they told me that the people looking after the meds etc wont be in for the rest of the week.....What is going on????????

You should look up the substance misuse thread, some useful info in there. But I don't see why an individual sample would go missing...the man was very thorough when I was gettin mine chopped, and he told me the day's batch was sent off at the end of every day to arrive at the labs the next morning.

Ali08 wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't understand why you would post this. Are you slaggin off people from the Republic or what? It's not even like it was a funny post.

No he's not "slagging off" people from the Republic. It was light hearted banter.

Personally I thought it was hilarious!

Lighten up, we all need a laugh going through this mangle of a process.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Considering the IST results I dont think you done too bad in this campaign bambie... its not over yet you might get lucky twice :cool:

Considering the IST results I dont think you done too bad in this campaign bambie... its not over yet you might get lucky twice :cool:

Aw thanks! Dont think so but live in hope nonetheless!!

Bambie....Me likes!;)

• Advertisement

Aw thanks! Dont think so but live in hope nonetheless!!

Bambie....Me likes!;)

What did you tell me once MGH there is always hope!!! hang in there!!;)

Advertisement