Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

looking for some advise of anyone. did my medical on 3rd november. the wee doctor said i would hear back in 2 weeks. but the two weeks has passed on monday past. starting to get a bit nervous. what do you think i should do or is this normal?. thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

looking for some advise of anyone. did my medical on 3rd november. the wee doctor said i would hear back in 2 weeks. but the two weeks has passed on monday past. starting to get a bit nervous. what do you think i should do or is this normal?. thanks in advance.

Relax medicals sometimes just take longer than others;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

No he's not "slagging off" people from the Republic. It was light hearted banter.

Personally I thought it was hilarious!

Lighten up, we all need a laugh going through this mangle of a process.:cool:

Hmmm... seemed offensive to me but each to their own!

Amen to more laughs on here - more Penis aye less smut!!!!!:D:pac::P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

How would they know if you were lying about your religion on your application? Are we all on a big list somewhere with a C or P next to our names??

PandaPants wrote: »
    How would they know if you were lying about your religion on your application? Are we all on a big list somewhere with a C or P next to our names??

Now that is a question PP !!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

They make a decision by the school you went to. Which is crap becuase my school had an integrated sixth form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

no sadie that is pretty normal, i think everyones timescale is different, some got after a few days others got after a month. il be waiting 3 weeeks tomorrow on mine. hope this eases your worries and good luck for your result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

thats just silly, they dont put you in your RC or non RC box until after the medical cos thats when they measure how far apart your eyes are :D:D:D
    Nearly had an incontinent moment typing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

MORRI wrote: »
    thats just silly, they dont put you in your RC or non RC box until after the medical cos thats when they measure how far apart your eyes are :D:D:D
    Nearly had an incontinent moment typing this

LOL ur a bad bad man! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

DownMTBer wrote: »

yes, he's very bad.... but very funny!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

he's rather hilarious...oh and that was me you added to bebo....love the wedding pics!

Also to answer the question bout medical results i waited nearly 4 weeks for mine so dont panic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

downboy wrote: »
    Is anyone else really scared about the fact that Smyff could be a police officer soon, and responsible for our safety???;):eek:;):eek:

hahahha i agree with you
    Ali08 wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't understand why you would post this. Are you slaggin off people from the Republic or what? It's not even like it was a funny post.

no i love southerners. the fact that made it funny was the way she said it, and her accent just made it brilliant. but if you dont find it funny thats sweet. i posted it to mrsgenehunt in reference to changing her name.
    and mrsgenehunts reply lol.

sorry if it offended you though. i never meant to offend anyone!

lolli-j wrote: »
    he's rather hilarious...
    you guys are so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet I have been posting crap like this on forums all over the world for years, and usually I just end up with a ban:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

anyone got medical next tues? dont think i should have went to gym yesterday, bit stiff today! been lazy past two months! merit 1000-1100 and didnt think id get vetting forms and medical date so soon. vettign posted two weeks ago. about the medical theres nothing physical is there, apart form all the huffing and puffing? does it help to take a deep breath first and then blow? how many attempts you allowed? can i tell them where to cut the hair, bad and sides please!? ha
    can i take any liquids in with me so i can keep the bladder full!!?
    im not taking the p*ss guys! :P

manaka wrote: »
    anyone got medical next tues? dont think i should have went to gym yesterday, bit stiff today! been lazy past two months! merit 1000-1100 and didnt think id get vetting forms and medical date so soon. vettign posted two weeks ago. about the medical theres nothing physical is there, apart form all the huffing and puffing? does it help to take a deep breath first and then blow? how many attempts you allowed? can i tell them where to cut the hair, bad and sides please!? ha
    can i take any liquids in with me so i can keep the bladder full!!?
    im not taking the p*ss guys! :P
    Nothing physical at all the nurse will tell you how to blow and give you a couple of goes at it, you can tell them where to cut your hair, you dont really need a full bladder it will only slow you down for thee 5km run (only joking there!) but you only have to provide a small sample not a couple of litres, take a drink before you leave the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Gee man ur up early! :eek:Well the early bird does catch..a cold? think id better take a bottle with me, house is a good hour and a half away from it! I was up for that 5km run! nay bova! have to make up excuse for tuesday, booked if off from work. only two people know im going for this job! partner and a garda sgt! gee i hope I pass. id be proud to stand shoulder to shoulder with you guys at any urinal!! :D But on a serious note...definitely! Ye all seem to be a sound bunch of specimens!!:D
    Just left MHQ in with doctor there and will be ready on monday morning!! Think its his first time, aww...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WhoKnows...?

Hi All!

After much deliberation i have decided the boards are most definitely the best way forward.

Ready for the hills with this whole process!!!!!

It's just a complete guessing game.

Hi All!

After much deliberation i have decided the boards are most definitely the best way forward.

Ready for the hills with this whole process!!!!!

It's just a complete guessing game.

Thats right WhoKnows from the start to the very end!!!!!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

Can someone tell me how much notice they give you for your medical, I know for the prison service it is like 2 weeks, thats my back up to the psni btw, so i have been since april in 2 waiting games & im currently still!

Also I know there different start dates for recruits of this campagne and seen nov 16th as one, how many different starting groups is there and does anyone also know when the last one is? Also does the majority of people have their vetting cleared before a medical is given i.e. to save on costs?

This is the 1st campagne ive applied for and am not too well informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Tonyac wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how much notice they give you for your medical, I know for the prison service it is like 2 weeks, thats my back up to the psni btw, so i have been since april in 2 waiting games & im currently still!

Also I know there different start dates for recruits of this campagne and seen nov 16th as one, how many different starting groups is there and does anyone also know when the last one is? Also does the majority of people have their vetting cleared before a medical is given i.e. to save on costs?

Yes indeed , it's CAMPAIGN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Tonyac wrote: »

Hi there, and welcome to the board :)

I got 10 days notice for my medical (which is next week :eek:) and my vetting, I'm quite sure isn't cleared yet as only sent it off about a month ago and it takes at least 3 months on average.

As for start dates, I'm not too sure to be honest. I think there are only a few C14 have start dates, a good few more waiting for December. The intakes are approx every 6 weeks, I think. Sorry, hopefully someone else will know better. I was just so shocked to receive vetting and medical that I am trying not to think too much about intakes etc...lol.

Good luck. Your merit number and background will give you a better idea of whether you are in with a chance.

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

Yes indeed , it's CAMPAIGN.

lol i knew i spelt it wrong but cudnt be bothered checking the correct spelling, week off and only got home this afternoon so am shattered!

NO NEED TO SHOUT IT! lol oj

MBC thanks was what I was thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Hi there, and welcome to the board :)

I got 10 days notice for my medical (which is next week :eek:)

good luck. you'll prob start worryin needlessly (if you havent already) but its good un once u get there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Got the pass letter this morning for the medical.....now for the SMT and vetting.....Yaaawwwwnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

surfrunner wrote: »
    Got the pass letter this morning for the medical.....now for the SMT and vetting.....Yaaawwwwnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

The waiting's the best bit, isn't it?!! :rolleyes: :D

Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

carlty888 wrote: »
    The waiting's the best bit, isn't it?!! :rolleyes: :D

Congrats.

We love the waiting Carlty mate. That's why we do this! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

We love the waiting Carlty mate. That's why we do this! :cool:

You know it!!!

I love it so much that I'm away to go do some more. :rolleyes:

Yeeha! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Waiting is class!!! Yesssss!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sony8391

Hi

I am intrested to know if anybody could provide me with standard procedure for deferrels. My current situation is all stages of c14 completed, medical etc, non rc background with merit number in top 50.

My problem is before receiving my merit number and doing unexpectedly well i have holiday booked for feb, also few changes going on within my current employment, redundencies etc (i'm not effected) therfore my standard notice period may not be valid any may need little longer to get current job wrapped up

any help appreciated

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Evenin' all :D

Do you fill in a form at the medical regarding current medications (prescription or OTC)? And if so, is it necessary to name all medicines taken in the past few weeks? What about vitamins/supplements? I've only taken a couple of painkillers, a couple of decongestans (both a couple of weeks ago when I had a sniffle :rolleyes:) and have just started taking a Cranberry supplement to help prevent bladder/kidney infections. Should I name all of these if asked?

Thankyou

MBC x

Advertisement