Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

and also, i'd ring up and give them some hassle. might make you feel better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Got my pass letter for the medical today! Deemed medically fit - very pleased indeed. All that worrying about the hearing test for nothing - phew!

And unless someone has been putting illegal substances in my tea without me knowing I should pass the drugs test too so now officially can move on over to the waiting room (think I'll bring a good book). Wonder how long my vetting will take :confused:. I only sent it off about 2 months ago so I think I've a while to wait yet.

Any other medical results received today?

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

congrts MBC!!!!!

see, no point in all that worrying!! here goes the waiting for ya now eh??

when was it you done your medical?????

Thanks Shelley :D

I did my medical the Monday before last. Honestly, this process would drive you mad. I've never had a hearing problem in my life but convinced myself I'd failed on my hearing :rolleyes:. I'm also now worrying I'll test positive in something in the drugs test even though I haven't taken any drugs :o. I am a nightmare lol. So pleased to have passed the medical though!

MBC x

happy days

ive been doing the same thinking im gunna fail on the drugs tests and ive never touched a drug in my life!! it sends you insane

hopefully my med results will be out soon as well, i done mine the day after yours

bet you feel on top of the world now lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Got my pass letter for the medical today! Deemed medically fit - very pleased indeed. All that worrying about the hearing test for nothing - phew!

And unless someone has been putting illegal substances in my tea without me knowing I should pass the drugs test too so now officially can move on over to the waiting room (think I'll bring a good book). Wonder how long my vetting will take :confused:. I only sent it off about 2 months ago so I think I've a while to wait yet.

Any other medical results received today?

MBC x

congrats. i got my medical pass letter today aswell! muhaha. just gotta wait on the SMT. i am near shat myself for it!

congrts to you as well smyff!!!!

woooooohooooooo

congrts to you as well smyff!!!!

woooooohooooooo

lol thanks. im sure youll be sweet. took 16days which isnt bad!

are you able to phone for your SMT results?

smyff wrote: »
    lol thanks. im sure youll be sweet. took 16days which isnt bad!

Well done Smyff! The medical results may be sent out in batches too then?!

I get the impression you are a little worried about the SMT :confused: or are you just paranoid like me that a couple of ibuprofen you took 6 months ago is going to show up :D. As far as I know (just from scrupulously reading the boards) you don't seem to be able to ring for SMT results and I'm thinking it'll be another few weeks before the results come out. It'll be good to get them just so everything is done and dusted and it's just the waiting from then on in.

MBC x

Well done Smyff! The medical results may be sent out in batches too then?!

I get the impression you are a little worried about the SMT :confused: or are you just paranoid like me that a couple of ibuprofen you took 6 months ago is going to show up :D. As far as I know (just from scrupulously reading the boards) you don't seem to be able to ring for SMT results and I'm thinking it'll be another few weeks before the results come out. It'll be good to get them just so everything is done and dusted and it's just the waiting from then on in.

MBC x

haha cheers, yeah, well you only did do it a day before me! i am worried about it cause i spose my vetting cant go wrong, so its really one of the only things which can stop me getting it. i should be sweet for it though! i spose its just good to put your mind at ease! haha. yeah i cant wait to see if i just have to wait for the call. thatd be lethal! keep me updateed on your SMT!

• Advertisement

hey there peeppsssssss

anyone know if the medical results are sent out on an individual basis or weither they are sent out in batches???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

They're send out in batches as far as i'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Congratulations MBC!!! X x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

owen1976 wrote: »
    They're send out in batches as far as i'm aware.

It would explain why some people only had to wait 3 days for a pass letter while others had to wait for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Unfortunately not... when did you do it?

Fo wrote: »
    Congratulations MBC!!! X x

Thanks Fo :D Any word yourself?

MBC x

Unfortunately not... when did you do it?

over 2 weeks ago!!! any idea when the next lot will be posted?

yo

i got my results yesterday and i did my med on tuesday! sweet.

just waiting on smt and vetting to clear. theres always more hurdles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Hi all:)
    Only got vetting forms last week and sent them off and set off on my travels of asia for two months.Got a call from home this morning A medical date arrived,the 15th of Dec:eek:So what can i do?can i postpone it??
    Does been called for a medical mean your in??assuming you pass it off course:DCant believe my whole campaign could be messed up now:(

HELP PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

over 2 weeks ago!!! any idea when the next lot will be posted?

Probably towards the end of this week/start of the following week. I'll ask my mate to let me know when they are printed and will post it on here again.

• Advertisement

Only got vetting forms last week and sent them off and set off on my travels of asia for two months.Got a call from home this morning A medical date arrived,the 15th of Dec:eek:So what can i do?can i postpone it??
    Does been called for a medical mean your in??assuming you pass it off course:DCant believe my whole campaign could be messed up now:(

HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi there

I think you probably could rearrange your medical date as I know of a couple of others who did. You would need to ring OH asap though. You may not be able to postpone if for as long as a couple of months though. You could always ask when you ring what the chances are of you getting offered a place should you pass vetting and medical & smt. I doubt they'd give you any definite answer but you may be lucky enough to get some sort of indication if you explain the circumstances. You can but try :D. Good luck, and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

MBC x

P.S. Would you mind giving us an idea of background and merit number? I didn't realise vetting forms were still being sent out, so it may give us an idea who they are now 'targetting'. Thanks x

Probably towards the end of this week/start of the following week. I'll ask my mate to let me know when they are printed and will post it on here again.

cheers boss :D have a pint on me

HELP PLEASE!!!

i got my medical changed, you have to email them some evidence that your not in the country (which should be easy enough for you!) or otherwise engaged. but im not sure when medicals are goin on until to be honest, as in im not sure if they start them up again after xmas if they haven't got enough people through. ring them up, the girls name is crystal, shes really dead on.

good luck!

hmmmmmmmmmm how come there is people on here which have done there medicals after me but got their results before me???

is that normal or should i give them a call????

hmmmmmmmmmm how come there is people on here which have done there medicals after me but got their results before me???

Recruitment moves in mysterious ways. :rolleyes:

Give it another couple of days, then give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Hi, i wouldn't worry too much, same thing happened to me. They arrived eventually :)

i done my medical 2 weeks tomorrow, im pulling my hair out lol i cant stand the waiting anymore

phoned about my vetting on friday and its still ongoing

just wish the med results came out at least. dont think they will be out soon as the last batch JUST went out ther!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 --thepirate--

Could you please post the number I have to call in order to re-arrange my medical?Think some one says the girls name was crystal?Also when are the intakes.Think i seen somewhere theres one on the 28th of Dec?

Thanks all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pollypocket123

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting here, although I have been watching the forum since I applied in March.

I have a question that hopefully one of you can give me your opinion on...

This is my first time applying, and my religious background is RC and my merit number is JUST under 1000

What do you think of this, do any of you think I am in for a chance, or am I going to get a dear John in the post soon???

Thank you

Polly

• Advertisement

Hello everyone

This is my first time posting here, although I have been watching the forum since I applied in March.

I have a question that hopefully one of you can give me your opinion on...

This is my first time applying, and my religious background is RC and my merit number is JUST under 1000

What do you think of this, do any of you think I am in for a chance, or am I going to get a dear John in the post soon???

Thank you

Polly

Unfortunately none of us are really qualified to give you an accurate answer. There have been RC's at Ganerville in recent campaigns with merit number in the 1000's, so it's certainly not out of the question.

It all depends on how many RC's ahead of you on the merit list take up posts. People will fail medicals, SMT's, vetting or simply decide not to take up places at Garnerville.

Good luck.

Advertisement