Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

this is how this recruitment process makes you feel

:D:mad::eek::p:mad::mad::cool::mad::(:confused:confused::confused::confused::):o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

this is how this recruitment process makes you feel

Not enough :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

well good morning chaps

how are we all today???

well its 2 weeks today since i done my medical, if i dont get results today there will be TROUBLE i tell ye TROUBLE lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GollyMolly

Where do i find my merit number? I've got all the way through just waiting on the 50/50 decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Well done on getting through everything GollyMolly :) For your meirt number call 028 9065 0222 , ask for police recruitment then when you're put through, ask for your merit number. You may need your UID number, but they should be able to find it using your name. They close at 5, so be quick! Good Luck (not that you likely need it though :P)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GollyMolly

Well i haven't heard about my vetting yet, but i've been told they don't. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear? A letter or phone call?? They're not very good at keeeping you informed on what's happening, its a guessing game! my nerves are wrecked! I've never been this anxious about anything!

Oh tried to ring about my merit thing, rang just before 5 but they had buggered off home! So i'll try in the morning! Thanks for the info x

anyone got zny word of medical results comming out today???

ive been waiting 15days now-not coping too well lol

another quick question about the medical lol

when you get your results is it just a pass/fail letter or does it include a full medical report that was done on the day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

when you get your results is it just a pass/fail letter or does it include a full medical report that was done on the day??

my PASS just said i had passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hi Shelleyelley

It just basically says that you need to be physically fit in accordance with PSNI guidelines (or something like that) and that you will be expected to carry firearms and then a couple of lines (the important ones) from the doc that says In my opinion I consider you to be at the required standard for the role of blah blah and are eligible to join the PSNI pension scheme and expect you to be so for the next 5 years...I am too lazy to get up and get the letter as I am now loaded with the cold :( but it is something like that. No specifics really just yes you're fit or no you're not, I assume.

MBC x

P.S. If I were you I would phone OH and ask about your medical, they have given out results over the phone before when boardies have rang up.
    I rang about my vetting yesterday but it's 'not yet completed' bah.

• Advertisement

yeah i gave them a ring there and told them the situation they said that the next batch of letters have just been posted so the results should be out tomorrow or friday!!

didnt ask for the result tho--was too scared lol

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

yeah i gave them a ring there and told them the situation they said that the next batch of letters have just been posted so the results should be out tomorrow or friday!!

didnt ask for the result tho--was too scared lol

xx

There's nothing to worry about. If there's a problem with your medical they tell you on the day and give you stuff to take to your doctor. The nurse told me that during my medical.

Sooooo, no news is good news! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Not necessarily true.

I failed my medical and was given no indication at all on the day that there might be a problem. On the other hand, I've heard of people being told on the day by the doctor that there is no problems and they're 'fit for duty'. So, no news is bad news imo lol. Hang in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

I failed the medical 4 or 5 years ago, the doc reckoned an injury I recieved about 12 years earlier meant I wasnt fit! I had no recurrence of the injury in all that time.
    I appealed the decision with a letter from my doctor saying I was fit and had no problems with the area affected by the injury and they changed their mind and said OK you are fit, so if anyone does fail for a similar reason, broken leg, arm or dislocation dont just accept it, fight it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

I'd believe that! They're all very nice and friendly at the medical but they're ruthless lol. Smiling assassins. :D

MORRI wrote: »
    I failed the medical 4 or 5 years ago, the doc reckoned an injury I recieved about 12 years earlier meant I wasnt fit! I had no recurrence of the injury in all that time.
    I appealed the decision with a letter from my doctor saying I was fit and had no problems with the area affected by the injury and they changed their mind and said OK you are fit, so if anyone does fail for a similar reason, broken leg, arm or dislocation dont just accept it, fight it!

are you applying again? or are you in?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

hi shelley, did you get your med letter yet? Im over two weeks now also and am starting to get nervous. If the worst does happen, whats the appeal process anyone? Might not get mine til monday then as I aint from Norn Irn! Dam its cold and its bedtime!! ZZzzz...

PASSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D

PASSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

<relieved sigh> Congratulations. :D

Glad that's out of the way. Now that leaves you free to worry about the SMT, vetting and "the call".

Wonderful process this, isn't it? :rolleyes:

well no worries with the smt that doesnt bother me

just waiting on vetting and hopefully the call

just glad ive got another bit behind me lol

and p.s--- thank you!!!!

• Advertisement

well no worries with the smt that doesnt bother me

just waiting on vetting and hopefully the call

just glad ive got another bit behind me lol

and p.s--- thank you!!!!

P.S. --- You're welcome!

PASSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

waheyyyyyyyyyy congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

well done shelley. good to hear you passed. I should get my letter today then! Gee I will be bricking it. I bet you are over the moon and delighted! Bet your going to start a whole fitness regime now!! GI Shelley!

lol i think i will have to!!!!!

well done smyff and anyone else I missed!;) Im still waiting on postman, off work today so I will be ripping open the envelope like a rabid dog before it hits the floor!! Then i'll probabaly start whining like a lost puppy when they say failed, or if they say passed i'll chase after the postman and hump his leg to say thanks!! ha ha. beastiality or what!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

PASSEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Well done! Onwards and upwards.....

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

manaka wrote: »
    well done smyff and anyone else I missed!;) Im still waiting on postman, off work today so I will be ripping open the envelope like a rabid dog before it hits the floor!! Then i'll probabaly start whining like a lost puppy when they say failed, or if they say passed i'll chase after the postman and hump his leg to say thanks!! ha ha. beastiality or what!! :D:D:D

its not really beastiality tho. it'd be postyiality.

well dun everyone. now that u passed medicals ur mind'll start makin up new reasons y u havent got in yet!

no letter, grrrr. monday now. not looking forward to opening it! if i pass medical penis eye, ill have no more doubt in my head! unless some relative has a dark past!! lets hope they are all good!

oh yeah that grrr was my dog growl! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

I was wondering if anyone can confirm where this is, Im 99% sure, took a drive up there today, familiar road as I used to go to jordanstown. Has the Occupational health and welfare (seapark) complex got a big yellow brick surrounding and a psni badge on the front, I ask because their was no were convenient to stop (dual carriageway road) and I cudnt see any signs, I was also in a hurry back, Ive my appointment in a week so plenty of time to take another drive up. Would appreciate if someone could confirm this for me.

Advertisement