Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Tonyac wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone can confirm where this is, Im 99% sure, took a drive up there today, familiar road as I used to go to jordanstown. Has the Occupational health and welfare (seapark) complex got a big yellow brick surrounding and a psni badge on the front, I ask because their was no were convenient to stop (dual carriageway road) and I cudnt see any signs, I was also in a hurry back, Ive my appointment in a week so plenty of time to take another drive up. Would appreciate if someone could confirm this for me.

aye, theres a set of lights outside it and its a pretty big looking place. right before the 50mph sign, where it goes from 40! just turn in left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

cheers, thought that was it but cudnt see a sign, and thought it safer just to ask. One less thing to worry about on the day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

your bloody right, i drove pass it. thought it was too obvious!! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

Gee is this medical thread quiet now! So I guess there is no one waiting for medical result except me!? Its been over 3 weeks now! im thinking they are waiting so see if someone with better merit and medical scores comes along and they can dispose of me! Even though they keep a record of my records for a year which smt guy told me. I dont want a dear john letter just before christmas! or ever!! Let me in pleaseee!!! Think I should phone up tomorrow to see what the story is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

thumbnail.aspx?q=273324312908&id=050662839cc19d5ff2b53a605f5847a2

i'd give them a ring;)

• Advertisement

cheers morri! think ill give them a buzz to mo morn. Cool pic of the tumbleweed! Merry Crimbo mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

Yea u should deffo ring them

sure me and you done our medical on the same day and ive had my medical and SMT results

hi shelley,
    yeah i rang there and the lady was nice. Said that my letter is being posted today! Said she doesnt give results out over the phone! :( So is this bad news!? :confused: Has anyone been told that they past over the phone!? All i want for christmas is a pass! Come on psni, give it to me, I've been a good boy! :rolleyes:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

manaka wrote: »
    hi shelley,
    yeah i rang there and the lady was nice. Said that my letter is being posted today! Said she doesnt give results out over the phone! :( So is this bad news!? :confused: Has anyone been told that they past over the phone!? All i want for christmas is a pass! Come on psni, give it to me, I've been a good boy! :rolleyes:;)

Hey don't read into the not giving results over the phone!! I did that and panicked for no reason for ages. You will have been grand! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭shelleyelley

nah youll be fine i dont think that means anyting at all to be honest!!!

Its probibly just they have processed yours a bit later!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Don't forgot about us guys!! Those forgotten children languishing on the chief medical examiners file tray marked 'appeals'.

Big congrats to all those who got start dates, although I'm insanely jealous. So.... Damn you!!! Damn you all!!!!!! *lots of tears*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

MrFug wrote: »
    Don't forgot about us guys!! Those forgotten children languishing on the chief medical examiners file tray marked 'appeals'.

Big congrats to all those who got start dates, although I'm insanely jealous. So.... Damn you!!! Damn you all!!!!!! *lots of tears*
    If you have supported your appeal with clear evidence or as i did a few years ago a letter from your doc saying basically "there's nothing wrong with him" you should be fine, check out the jealousy thread to see how the rest of us feel sitting here in the "sorry, not this time" pile:D

Does anyone know anyone that has had high blood pressure on the day of the medical i.e. due to nerves. On the sheet sent out before attending for a medical it says a significant number of people need repeat urine samples as well as blood pressure tests. Am asking as mine was slighty over the limits, I had to go to the doctor to get it tested, everything was fine, he has written this down and it was sent back within 2 days of the medical. Everything else on the medical went dead on and both the nurse and doctor commented on how my medical form seemed to show how I was in perfect health. Never any broken bones, surgery etc. Only ever in the hospital to visit others. This has just cast a shadow of doubt over my application and at the worst time too, over christmas. I cant imagine any problems with my vetting and smt so this is the only hurdle so to speak.

I also dont think its really fair taking someones bp went their stripped down and being looked at by two people, isnt the nurse capable of taking it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I was in your position too, BP was high during medical. I went home to GP, got it taken again and sent off the letter. Got pass letter about two weeks later, and here I am half way through my course in Gville... dont worry you will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

i was slightly high the first time the doc took my bp, she just asked me if i was nervous and told me to take a few deep breaths and calm down a bit, she took the bp again and bob was my mothers brother.

i wouldn't worry, i would say it is quite common with all the nerves relating to the day, if you've gotten back to them with your gp's results and they are fine then you've nothing to worry about.

Yeah my mum and dad has said the same but its hard to believe it until I get a pass letter. I usually have handled these things well, for my medical for the prison service I was 100%, but then its the psni that I really want so maybe thats why there was a few extra nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

pb999 wrote: »
    i was slightly high the first time the doc took my bp, she just asked me if i was nervous and told me to take a few deep breaths and calm down a bit, she took the bp again and bob was my mothers brother.

i wouldn't worry, i would say it is quite common with all the nerves relating to the day, if you've gotten back to them with your gp's results and they are fine then you've nothing to worry about.

your lucky you were only gettin your bp taken. you prob would have failed your smt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

i've never taken lemsnort mate, unlike some! :cool:

u can get high without it? well dun you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

tetchy. pure scrooge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Toben

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from an appeal? I failed for a very stupid medical reason: period pains and have appealed the decision, along with a letter from my GP. I sent my appeal off about a month ago and have still not heard anything back , does anyone know how long it takes to hear back, or if their lack of response says it all......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from an appeal? I failed for a very stupid medical reason: period pains and have appealed the decision, along with a letter from my GP. I sent my appeal off about a month ago and have still not heard anything back , does anyone know how long it takes to hear back, or if their lack of response says it all......

You failed for having period pain?? That seems a bit mad. Is there more to it, as in it's an ongoing thing that causes you to have time off work/be unfit for duty?

I used to suffer very badly from them when I was younger, but now I am not affected much at all. I am 23 and have been working since I was 16 and think I have had about 6 days off in total due to period pains. Thats all there is to it, my doc supported my application as well stating it hads not affeted my attendance much at all in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I used to suffer very badly from them when I was younger, but now I am not affected much at all. I am 23 and have been working since I was 16 and think I have had about 6 days off in total due to period pains. Thats all there is to it, my doc supported my application as well stating it hads not affeted my attendance much at all in the past.
    Hi LauraPeoples, that's absolutely awful for you. It's crazy to think someone could be perfect for the job but get rejected cause of 'woman troubles'. Good Luck with your appeal. x

Got a letter through the door today to say that my appeal has been successful! Weird, yesterday I was freaking out and today I have the letter in my hand. Now I just have to pass the pool, thats me out anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Got a letter through the door today to say that my appeal has been successful! Weird, yesterday I was freaking out and today I have the letter in my hand. Now I just have to pass the pool, thats me out anyway!

fantastic news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

Yeah great news! You must be relieved! :)

i think u'll prob hear back pretty soon. i would say ur prob just freaking out atm but don't be surprised if u have the letter in ur hand pretty soon and i bet u'll pass then all u have to do is pass the merit. but thats just wot i think dont quote me on that.
    :cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

Psst... Penis Eye... she already got the letter saying she passed her appeal ;):D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

PASSED MY APPEAL.

Absolutey over the moon. I guess now I'm just waiting for 'the call'? RC background, Merit: mid 200's.

What's the number to ring to check if vetting has completed?

Thanks

Advertisement