Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

What's your rough merit no? You expecting a call soon mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

integra1 wrote: »
    What's your rough merit no? You expecting a call soon mate?

RC Background and merit in the mid 200's. I'm no particularly expecting to be called, but I got a missed call from an unknown number yesterday which got me all paranoid. I guess that's how it gets you.

I would like to think I'd be in with a shout for the March intake. So around february is when I'll have my phone super-glued to my hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

MrFug wrote: »
    Well, I made a call of sorts today. :)

I rang them using the pretence that I wasn't sure if they had my current mobile number on file. Once she had confirmed that they had, I took the opportunity to ask for my merit number again and explained that I had heard of instances where they have changed slightly. She told me categorically that "they do not change".

I then played it all naive and asked what happens next since I've passed everything else. She told me that appointments go out in the order of the merit list, so how quickly you get called depends on how far up (or down?) the list you are.

Nothing cleared up really so back to waiting :D

For feck's sake? Are you a man or a mouse?? :mad:

Just feckin' ask!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I would like to think I'd be in with a shout for the March intake. So around february is when I'll have my phone super-glued to my hand.

Week beginning 19 January is when you really want to be one with your phone. It's six weeks before the 8 March intake and that's when the calls start to go out.

Good luck. Put a good word in for me when they call.

PandaPants wrote: »
    For feck's sake? Are you a man or a mouse?? :mad:

Just feckin' ask!!! ;)

I'm a man baby!!! Although.... I have the sexual endowment of a large mouse to be fair.

I dropped enough hints when I phoned so that if she wanted to, she could have said 'oh yeah, we tried to contact you yesterday' or whatever. I should have told her how important it was that I get in with the Greens since PandaPants is there to iron my clothes for me! :D:D

P.S Carlty: mate do you think it wise to put your address down as 29 Acacier Road. I mean, do you really want the death of Bananaman on your conscience. He eats a banana, starts to morph into that chiseled, camp wonder then gets killed by dissident mortar fire or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

P.S Carlty: mate do you think it wise to put your address down as 29 Acacier Road. I mean, do you really want the death of Bananaman on your conscience. He eats a banana, starts to morph into that chiseled, camp wonder then gets killed by dissident mortar fire or something.

Now that is funny! :D Just lol'd at my desk at work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Havent posted in a while

MrFug...........no harm but you are without doubt a cert to get in soon. Rc background and excellent merit score as that. Tis only a matter of time and you will get the call dude.

good luck with it and hope it comes soon.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Havent posted in a while

MrFug...........no harm but you are without doubt a cert to get in soon. Rc background and excellent merit score as that. Tis only a matter of time and you will get the call dude.

good luck with it and hope it comes soon.

Al

Cooeeee Alan!!!!! How's it going? Long time no hear. Guessing you've been a mite busy??!!
    Hope it's all going well and was worth all the agony you went through to get in :D (just a little like I'm going through now :o)
    Anyways...perhaps some year I'll know how it feels to be in your shoes - maybe (sigh).

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IrishGuards88

Hi all!

Right, to business.... Basically I had my medical early December, got a letter saying they didn't think I was medically fit for the post.... came as a suprise to me seeing as I've been in the army for 4 years without any problems, also play rugby so fitness is not an issue.

Now the letter mentions something about BMI, which Google tells me is body mass index, so basically they're saying I weigh too much for my height? Google also tells me that BMI doesn't take into account different body types, so a muscly guy like me is pretty much screwed.

Anyway, I've been offered a PCA towards the end of January, I'm not worried about passing that really, I've seen the video and 4 minutes doesn't seem too unreasonable. My question is, does passing the PCA guarantee me a place at Garnerville or is there more of the waiting around for a letter to drop through the door?

Many thanks

Hi all!

Right, to business.... Basically I had my medical early December, got a letter saying they didn't think I was medically fit for the post.... came as a suprise to me seeing as I've been in the army for 4 years without any problems, also play rugby so fitness is not an issue.

Now the letter mentions something about BMI, which Google tells me is body mass index, so basically they're saying I weigh too much for my height? Google also tells me that BMI doesn't take into account different body types, so a muscly guy like me is pretty much screwed.

Anyway, I've been offered a PCA towards the end of January, I'm not worried about passing that really, I've seen the video and 4 minutes doesn't seem too unreasonable. My question is, does passing the PCA guarantee me a place at Garnerville or is there more of the waiting around for a letter to drop through the door?

Many thanks

Hi mate,

It all depends on this wonderful thing called your 'merit score'. After all the assessments are finished, we are all put into the 'merit pool'. Our merit scores are basically our overall placement. So Number 1 in the merit pool scored highest in all the assessments and is the dogs balls. Once you pass the PCA, it will come down to your merit score to determine whether or not you get offered a place on the training course.

There has been a lot said about merit placings, but to recap, if your from a Catholic background, a merit score of 500 and under should be enough to get you in (much higher number have also been known to be enough so don't worry if yours is higher). If your from the protestant (or any other) background, you'll need to be placed in the top 350 (roughly) for a good chance of getting in.

Ring recruitment (the number is here somewhere) and ask for your merit score.

• Advertisement

I should have told her how important it was that I get in with the Greens since PandaPants is there to iron my clothes for me! :D:D

quote]

I doubt they'll get that wrinkly lying on the floor..... ;)

I should have told her how important it was that I get in with the Greens since PandaPants is there to iron my clothes for me! :D:D

quote]

I doubt they'll get that wrinkly lying on the floor..... ;)

:o saucy little minx :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

any boardies got their med Monday?

:o saucy little minx :P

I have no idea what you mean. I was just hinting that most men are messy and leave their clothes on the floor...... :D:D:D
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Does anyone know what the highest non-rc merit score to get a medical has been? Just wondering if there is still a chance for little old me. Im non-rc 350's so if you are or know of any non-rc with a similar score who has received a medical or is currently waiting please will ya let me know. PM me if you like.

Ta

LOL PYG
    xx

Does anyone know what the highest non-rc merit score to get a medical has been? Just wondering if there is still a chance for little old me. Im non-rc 350's so if you are or know of any non-rc with a similar score who has received a medical or is currently waiting please will ya let me know. PM me if you like.

Ta

LOL PYG
    xx

Well, NumberC is in the february intake. He is non-RC with a merit number of "less than 400". So there is definatley hope for you. He is from C13 though, so it could be a long wait. Hopefully it's enough!

Well, NumberC is in the february intake. He is non-RC with a merit number of "less than 400". So there is definatley hope for you. He is from C13 though, so it could be a long wait. Hopefully it's enough!

Thanks MrFug.

Im just hoping there are a lot of RC candidates above me and that there are med no shows etc etc to help bump me up the list a bit.

Thanks again.

PYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

PYG, dont you like being on top sometimes?

MORRI wrote: »
    PYG, dont you like being on top sometimes?

Wouldnt you like to know!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Some of us already do!! :cool:

Im just hoping there are a lot of RC candidates above me
    I'm RC but I am below you, and I dont want you and all them other RCs above me, not at the same time anyway, strictly only 3 people above me at any one time, the rest of yous can watch but i dont wanna see it on youtube:D

I'm RC but I am below you, and I dont want you and all them other RCs above me, not at the same time anyway, strictly only 3 people above me at any one time, the rest of yous can watch but i dont wanna see it on youtube:D

Now there is only one question to ask.... male/female??? :D

Some of us already do!! :cool:

Do you now???;)

Now there is only one question to ask.... male/female??? :D
    are you asking if I am male or female or if I have a preference?
    i am a female loving male but if you post a pic of yourself who knows;)

THE LAST BIT WAS A JOKE:D

are you asking if I am male or female or if I have a preference?
    i am a female loving male but if you post a pic of yourself who knows;)

THE LAST BIT WAS A JOKE:D

Careful....
    I'm sure Mr Fuggy-baby is enough to turn the most red-blooded man gay..... ;)

Careful....
    I'm sure Mr Fuggy-baby is enough to turn the most red-blooded man gay..... ;)
    is that all?
    I have been told by men and women both that I turn them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

is that all?
    I have been told by men and women both that I turn them

turn their stomachs maybe?

Penis Eye wrote: »
    turn their stomachs maybe?
    well it's a start isn't it!
    are you still engaged or has she sobered up since Xmas:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

You lot are all dirty minded... but on a serious note, I have a very important question to ask - do you get to bring home the handcuffs?? :pac:

Advertisement