Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

Ali08 wrote: »
    - do you get to bring home the handcuffs?? :pac:

Yes.......................... but dont forget to bring the keys home too!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

if you forget the keys all you need is a hacksaw and you can cut your hands off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

it could have been a very long and interesting night, but morri wants to hack people up. i hope vetting finds out about this...

Ali08 wrote: »
    it could have been a very long and interesting night, but morri wants to hack people up. i hope vetting finds out about this...
    I only hack people up towards the end of the evening, believe me you'll thank me for it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

MORRI wrote: »
    I only hack people up towards the end of the evening, believe me you'll thank me for it;)

I have FINALLY met the perfect man! Are you single???
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

PandaPants wrote: »
    I have FINALLY met the perfect man! Are you single???
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Not yet, but I might call into B&Q on the way home from work today;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

MORRI wrote: »
    Not yet, but I might call into B&Q on the way home from work today;)
    Excellent. My number is 07.... :D:D:D

I also bring my own tools. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Two men are pulled over by a psni member. When the constable reaches their car he leans inside and smacks the driver on the head with his flashlight.

"What the hell did you do that for?" the driver asks.

The constable responds, "You know damn good and well that when I step up here you're supposed to have your driver's license and proof of insurance ready for me to check."

After the constable is finished writing the ticket he walks over to the passenger side, leans in and smacks the other man in the head with his flashlight.

"What the hell are you doing?" the passenger screams.

"I'm just granting your wish," replies the constable
    "What wish?" asks the man.

"I know for a fact that half a mile down the road you're gonna lean over to your friend there and say, 'I wish he woulda pulled that crap with me.'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Two men are pulled over by a psni member. When the constable reaches their car he leans inside and smacks the driver on the head with his flashlight.

"What the hell did you do that for?" the driver asks.

The constable responds, "You know damn good and well that when I step up here you're supposed to have your driver's license and proof of insurance ready for me to check."

After the constable is finished writing the ticket he walks over to the passenger side, leans in and smacks the other man in the head with his flashlight.

"What the hell are you doing?" the passenger screams.

"I'm just granting your wish," replies the constable
    "What wish?" asks the man.

"I know for a fact that half a mile down the road you're gonna lean over to your friend there and say, 'I wish he woulda pulled that crap with me.'"

good story lol made me laugh. you could change it to a cop in LA or new york or something or a guard, so i wouldnt say itd be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I've passed my medical!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Fo wrote: »
    I've passed my medical!!! :D

brilliant news fo:D:D:D high chance we can be in the same squad:pac: lol im still waiting on my result from c14 tho, odd considering you done yours ages after me lol

given1 wrote: »
    brilliant news fo:D:D:D high chance we can be in the same squad:pac: lol
    Thanks Given!! I'm hoping we're on same squad! :pac:! Would be super! Yeeeeooooo!
    im still waiting on my result from c14 tho, odd considering you done yours ages after me lol
    Maybe the Doc fancied me more than u! :p

Thanks Given!! I'm hoping we're on same squad! :pac:! Would be super! Yeeeeooooo!

Maybe the Doc fancied me more than u! :p

must have been that saucy underwear:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

its more to do with him hearing about fos fantastic dong handling skills!!

well dun fo

Penis Eye wrote: »
    its more to do with him hearing about fos fantastic dong handling skills!!

well dun fo
    Thanks DongEye!
    You must admitt, you'd do almost anything to get in!
    p.s. Doc loved it!

Thanks DongEye!
    You must admitt, you'd do almost anything to get in!
    p.s. Doc loved it!

yeah i would handle anybodys dong.

Yeah, I discarded all the advice I received from fellow female boardies & went in full stockings & suspenders!

I wonder if anyones ever done that..?!

Yeah, I discarded all the advice I received from fellow female boardies & went in full stockings & suspenders!

I wonder if anyones ever done that..?!

yeah i did.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I kept it simple and went with a banana-hammock. :cool:

fair play to both of ya!

I hear Doctors dig a minimalistic banana-hammock. Unfortunately I ain't got the dong to fill it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

hey

quick question about eyesight standards, is the psni standards the same as the mainland standards? with regards to a prescription my eyesight is
    -0.25/-0.25, would this be good enough? this is for my medical appeal.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

el_nino_9 wrote: »
    hey

quick question about eyesight standards, is the psni standards the same as the mainland standards? with regards to a prescription my eyesight is

cheers
    carlty888 wrote: »
    I took these from the consensia website.

Vision

Binocular vision 6/6 aided or unaided

(if visual aids are used must have 6/12 or better in best eye)

Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly

Near vision N6 aided or unaided

Normal visual fields

Severe colour deficiency not acceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

cheers carlty though i dont know how to decifer if mine is good or bad,lol! opticians findings are 6/5 unaided and 6/4 aided. is it better that the numbers are lower than 6/6 or does that mean it worse? optician says my standard is within the maniland standard but wasnt sure if theirs was the same as ours.

cheers

cheers carlty though i dont know how to decifer if mine is good or bad,lol! opticians findings are 6/5 unaided and 6/4 aided. is it better that the numbers are lower than 6/6 or does that mean it worse? optician says my standard is within the maniland standard but wasnt sure if theirs was the same as ours.

cheers

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.isyte.com/sunglasses/snellen_chart.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.isyte.com/autopage.ink%3Fcolour%3Db%26PageNo%3D322&usg=__jpHZL8XFgX1Ufn5_s3nc_xUnE_g=&h=962&w=400&sz=8&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=1rPmBp88awfFjM:&tbnh=148&tbnw=62&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsnellen%2Bchart%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4HPEA_en-GBGB307GB307%26sa%3DN

that should give you a fair idea were you stand m8t! but your presription is defintatley a good standard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

hi all

how long do you have to wait for drugs test results? i had my med at start of december and still no letter from drugs people!! and i am more than confident that it will be fine - i OD on tea occassionally but thats about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

hey

cheers

I'm pretty confident you will fly through the eye test with that prescription. Mine is -2.0 and -2.25 and I passed (just about though I think!)

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

hi all

how long do you have to wait for drugs test results? i had my med at start of december and still no letter from drugs people!! and i am more than confident that it will be fine - i OD on tea occassionally but thats about it :)
    hahaha quality

im the same, but im a caffene fiend. i chew the bake of myself i take that much coffee. nothing beats a huge caffene rage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

boy did i have to scroll doen to get the medical thread! Anyone else waiting on medical appeals or just poor me? I guess it cant be good at this stage. Plan B I guess then guys!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

manaka wrote: »
    boy did i have to scroll doen to get the medical thread! Anyone else waiting on medical appeals or just poor me? I guess it cant be good at this stage. Plan B I guess then guys!!

If it not too personal what did you fail on?

If its any consolation to you, it seems a lot of those who appeal get the right result in the end. Fingers crossed for you!

Advertisement