Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Well done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

Well done:D

no luck on a med date for you chum?

bc84 wrote: »
    no luck on a med date for you chum?

No:(, I think there is more chance I'll win the Lottery than get a medical for C14.:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

No:(, I think there is more chance I'll win the Lottery than get a medical for C14.:(:(:(

me either lol still havnt even phoned about my vetting, decided to forget about it in the hope something would pop through my door and surprise me. no such luck unfortunately. ah well we live in hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

Hey there, that's good news you heard you passed vetting!

Did you just phone up? Still to hear about mine.

I'm same as you, around mid 300s, constantly wishing for some unexpected good news in the post of a medical date.....but no

but to be honest I'm coming round to the idea that it isn't going to happen, no matter how gutting that is.....I mean it's getting to be very late in the campaign and still no medical...I think we maybe just missed out on the cut-off point for them, like by a few places going by some other people who got medicals...so I'm thinking this campaign is just (JUST!) out of reach for those of us around mid 300 and non-rc......would love to be proved wrong though...

I suppose we have to just keep the chin up until we actually get a confirmed no....whenever that may be (probably not for months and months and months)

anyway good luck everyone for those like me still hoping for C14 and good luck for everyone going for C15 now!!

anybody know of medicals still going on? I found out i passed vetting:o (after 8 months) & merit no in mid 300's like some of the others on here, i'm still hoping for a med date.

Please, someone tell me there's still hope!!!! I still eagerly await the postmans arrival every morning, afternoon, evening, whenever he decides to turn up:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

hello guys,
    Is anyone having difficulty in getting through to either medical or vetting? Im getting a tone as if the number doesnt exist!!!! Its the same number I used before for the medical. I tried ring vetting after for the first time to see if I could get through but its the same tone think its D, B, and A Sharp!????

The numbers I'm dialling are:

Med: 0289070018

Vet: 0289065022

Any errors in these numbers? Cheers pals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

manaka wrote: »
    The numbers I'm dialling are:

Med: 0289070018

Vet: 0289065022

Any errors in these numbers? Cheers pals

aye there only 5 didgits im not to sure about the medical but vetting is 02890650222, even at that i think its just the call centre, so you can ask to be put through to vetting and occupational health and welfare.

Thanks for that Given1. Where you at in the campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

manaka wrote: »
    Thanks for that Given1. Where you at in the campaign?

i finally got in with my c13 merit there for april:D but i have to defer to may or july, whatevr the police offer me!

if i can remember correctly are you not invoilved with c13?? what about your 14?

p.s best p.m me back dont wanna take the topic away from medical

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Just found out through a friend of a friend that someone has been called for a second medical and been given a start date of june????
    My source was very vague and just mentioned it in passing as they know i've applied, this person supposedly passed everything a year ago - so possibly course 13 but has been asked to do another medical? could this be a referral maybe? They've also informed their work that they'll be leaving to start in June? I thought the June course was cancelled? I think there in the non rc pool.
    Sorry my post is so vague - it's all i know i'm afraid so don't know how true it is - but I know there are people waiting on medicals so just hoping that maybe some of you will get called up for one soon.

Fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

there is def no June intake. July intake after May.Sounds a bit off the mark mate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tonyac

How come the June intake has been cancelled? I knew they take a break but thought their was a June intake.

1979SD wrote: »
    Just found out through a friend of a friend that someone has been called for a second medical and been given a start date of june????
    My source was very vague and just mentioned it in passing as they know i've applied, this person supposedly passed everything a year ago - so possibly course 13 but has been asked to do another medical? could this be a referral maybe? They've also informed their work that they'll be leaving to start in June? I thought the June course was cancelled? I think there in the non rc pool.
    Sorry my post is so vague - it's all i know i'm afraid so don't know how true it is - but I know there are people waiting on medicals so just hoping that maybe some of you will get called up for one soon.

Fingers crossed

As moderator (and a girl desperate for a medical) I demand that you get on the case of finding out more info from this friend of a friend and tell me what is going on.

I want Campaign Number, rough merit score, definate religion, why they are doing a second medical.......Ok?.......... Got that???;)

Right get cracking.

LOL, what I meant was 'oooooohhhhhhhhh intersting, can you find out some more?, thanks love'.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

given1 wrote: »
    aye there only 5 didgits im not to sure about the medical but vetting is 02890650222, even at that i think its just the call centre, so you can ask to be put through to vetting and occupational health and welfare.

here well done given............glad to see ya got in mate. The perserverance(not sure on spelling) paid off.
    Maybe see ya around gv somtime dude. I am left gv now but I do call in regular to see a few people so I'll keep a wee eye out for ya.

A

.........again well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

is there an intake in june?

Aint normally any in June or July!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Fingers crossed

The true version is as follows (If its the same person) : -
    They passed everything from campaign 13 with a merit number of under 100. Vetting took sooooo long this person had to have another medical due to the time lapse. They are on the April intake.

Im still waiting on a report from Doc, its over three weeks! I rang the medical section to say that I am still waiting just in case they think I have given up, the girl, who was very lurvly on the phone said that it will remain open until they receive it. So not all bad, but they had better hurry! Considering whether to apply again or not, maybe I will...

As moderator (and a girl desperate for a medical) I demand that you get on the case of finding out more info from this friend of a friend and tell me what is going on.

I want Campaign Number, rough merit score, definate religion, why they are doing a second medical.......Ok?.......... Got that???;)

Right get cracking.

LOL, what I meant was 'oooooohhhhhhhhh intersting, can you find out some more?, thanks love'.:)

Sorry PYG, I can't find out anymore - thats all i was told I don't even know how true it is? From what i gather they haven't done their 2nd medical yet - but have been called for a it, they were in campaign 13 and are non rc. Don't have a clue about vetting or merit no. And sorry MGH they aren't on the April intake so it must be a different person?
    Surely though if there doing a medical for someone they would do a whole batch wouldn't they? Sorry its so vague - can't be any more help, if I hear from them again i'll ask them to quiz him or her and try and find out more.
    Hope you get a med date.

1979sd

Sorry PYG, I can't find out anymore - thats all i was told I don't even know how true it is? From what i gather they haven't done their 2nd medical yet - but have been called for a it, they were in campaign 13 and are non rc. Don't have a clue about vetting or merit no. And sorry MGH they aren't on the April intake so it must be a different person?
    Surely though if there doing a medical for someone they would do a whole batch wouldn't they? Sorry its so vague - can't be any more help, if I hear from them again i'll ask them to quiz him or her and try and find out more.
    Hope you get a med date.

1979sd

Thanks. Im tempted to ring OHW again, but im going to resist all temptation.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Im tempted to ring OHW again, but im going to resist all temptation.

You've got nothing to lose by ringing - and it will put your mind at rest.
    I hope i've not got your hopes up for nothing, like i said i'll let you know if i hear anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

They passed everything from campaign 13 with a merit number of under 100. Vetting took sooooo long this person had to have another medical due to the time lapse. They are on the April intake.
    Hope you get a med date.

1979sd

oh god this isnt happening, it cant be, mgh was wrong! thats wot u get for jumping to conclusions! i hope we have all learned valuable lessons from this exchange!:D

You've got nothing to lose by ringing - and it will put your mind at rest.
    I hope i've not got your hopes up for nothing, like i said i'll let you know if i hear anything else

Dont worry some days im hopeful, others im not. Ill hold off until easter time I think. I have already rang in Jan and Feb:(

Dont worry some days im hopeful, others im not. Ill hold off until easter time I think. I have already rang in Jan and Feb:(

Do feel sorry for ya matey, as you are border line! I hope with the talk of drop outs that med date comes through for you. I must admit I have a feeling you will get one! Dont' know why but I just do!:):D So chin(s) up!

Penis Eye wrote: »
    oh god this isnt happening, it cant be, mgh was wrong! thats wot u get for jumping to conclusions! i hope we have all learned valuable lessons from this exchange!:D

I think i felt the earth shudder when you posted that!!!
    Good Luck when she reads it - I will be chuckling to myself from a safe distance, namely England!!

I think i felt the earth shudder when you posted that!!!
    Good Luck when she reads it - I will be chuckling to myself from a safe distance, namely England!!

ill be chucklin too! :D

Penis Eye wrote: »
    ill be chucklin too! :D

lol I smell a scrap! :D

integra1 wrote: »
    lol I smell a crap! :D

ur sittin near the toilet?

couldnt resist doin that!
    ;)

Cheers Teg, I hope you remember me when you are in GV and im going through all this el poopoo again in C15!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Shame certain people didnt read the post properly before commenting.

Advertisement