Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

smyff wrote: »
    haha specky

lol are you going to be like that when your a constable...moley moley moley, ha your a victim of crime serves you right if you werent a specky you would have seen it coming! :D
    nothing wrong with specs they make you mysterious :cool: and what man doesnt like the secretary look :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

lol are you going to be like that when your a constable...moley moley moley, ha your a victim of crime serves you right if you werent a specky you would have seen it coming! :D
    nothing wrong with specs they make you mysterious :cool: and what man doesnt like the secretary look :P
    lol i love the secretary look

and ive worn glasses since i was in P4:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

i wanna get the aul laser eye surgery done but ill have to wait a few years cause i cant afford it lol.

lol i love the secretary look

and ive worn glasses since i was in P4:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

i wanna get the aul laser eye surgery done but ill have to wait a few years cause i cant afford it lol.

ive been bespeckled since i was 7 i think, the day i discovered contacts was a blessing!

optimax do a payment plan £50 a month with no interest! well no interest so they say havent looked into it!

i cant wait to be spec free ill keep them for certain occassions ;)

ive been bespeckled since i was 7 i think, the day i discovered contacts was a blessing!

optimax do a payment plan £50 a month with no interest! well no interest so they say havent looked into it!

i cant wait to be spec free ill keep them for certain occassions ;)
    now thats what i like to hear:)!!! hahaha

i might look into getting it done pretty soon, well when i turn 20 anyway. man 20 that sounds old. 50quid a months sttteeeeeeeeeepp. my eyes arent that bad, theyre just better than the required PSNI standard, so i might just get some contacts soon. i had them a while back, but i dunno if it was just me being young and stupid, but they hurt my eyes and i wasnt the best at cleaning them. (monthly ones). tried dailys and loved them. then i ran out of bills lol

now thats what i like to hear:)!!! hahaha

i might look into getting it done pretty soon, well when i turn 20 anyway. man 20 that sounds old. 50quid a months sttteeeeeeeeeepp. my eyes arent that bad, theyre just better than the required PSNI standard, so i might just get some contacts soon. i had them a while back, but i dunno if it was just me being young and stupid, but they hurt my eyes and i wasnt the best at cleaning them. (monthly ones). tried dailys and loved them. then i ran out of bills lol

20 sounds old wait until its 21 thats a tough adjustment to make lol
    i dont think my peelers would let me into the peelers :( damn them i dont know who im damming more medical standards or my eyes!

yeah monthlys are a total pain im too lazy for all that caring! i went to sleep with dailies one night woke up looked out the window and was like oh look at that then stuck the specs on and realised! it hurt lots trying to get one of them out how stupid did i feel!! :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

seriously see those considering to get it done, think about it, ive now got it done twice and my left eye keeps geting worse, i dont mean to scare anyone but i aint happy and im starting to regret it, my right eye is perfect but my left is extremley bad... they might have to do it a third time:eek: ive heard of many success stories but in starting to hear just as many unsuccessful stories...... for 3 grand i expected much more!

given1 wrote: »
    seriously see those considering to get it done, think about it, ive now got it done twice and my left eye keeps geting worse, i dont mean to scare anyone but i aint happy and im starting to regret it, my right eye is perfect but my left is extremley bad... they might have to do it a third time:eek: ive heard of many success stories but in starting to hear just as many unsuccessful stories...... for 3 grand i expected much more!

:( sorry to hear that, whered you get it done? im going to optimax was going to book it tomorrow, i cant get into the psni without it so im thinking ill just go for it and hope for the best!

do they know whats wrong with your left eye?

:( sorry to hear that, whered you get it done? im going to optimax was going to book it tomorrow, i cant get into the psni without it so im thinking ill just go for it and hope for the best!

do they know whats wrong with your left eye?

got in done in optrical express back in dec 07 then got the enhancments in jan then 2 weeks ago!! i had to get it done til get past the medical tooand thank god it did, starting in july:D but it relli hasnt been what its craiced uo to be!

i take it your 21? optimax wouldnt take me because i was 19 at the time

nah they havent said, im going back this week and im gna say to them!

i wasnt trying to put anyone of but its smefin that needs deep consideration! well i personally think it does

given1 wrote: »
    got in done in optrical express back in dec 07 then got the enhancments in jan then 2 weeks ago!! i had to get it done til get past the medical tooand thank god it did, starting in july:D but it relli hasnt been what its craiced uo to be!

i take it your 21? optimax wouldnt take me because i was 19 at the time

nah they havent said, im going back this week and im gna say to them!

i wasnt trying to put anyone of but its smefin that needs deep consideration! well i personally think it does

woop woop officer to be how exciting :D roll on july!!

yep im 21, had my consultation today all seems fine, apart from nerves issue that doctor wont know what hit they'll think its an earthquake from all the shaking!!

yeah ive been looking up lots on the internet youtube and all..i think im mad lol

let me know what they said, you think they shouldnt have taken you because you were 19? your right like your eyes arent something you should mess around with it needs lots of consideration! i just want to get it over and done with though!! did you have lasik or lasek?

given could it be because your eyes werent fully developed though? that was one of the reasons my optition said to me about. because i had to get a certain type of lenses for my eyes. he said it can be up to like 25 before they finally settle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

OMG- just got a med date!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

ohhhhhhhh ****ttttt hahaha. nice oneee. im really happy for ya. hopefully MGH will get one too :D:D

ohhhhhhhh ****ttttt hahaha. nice oneee. im really happy for ya. hopefully MGH will get one too :D:D

I hope so too. And PeggySuesMama and everyone else!!

I hope so too. And PeggySuesMama and everyone else!!
    indeed!!! what is PSM's merit n backround again? i dont see it on our list!!!

indeed!!! what is PSM's merit n backround again? i dont see it on our list!!!

Same as me!;):D

beeeast. hopefully it will be some good news from them then later today!!! they must be working 9-5 unlike us bums.

beeeast. hopefully it will be some good news from them then later today!!! they must be working 9-5 unlike us bums.

LOL im working 2-6, flat out like.

LOL im working 2-6, flat out like.
    haha. i work 9-5 on my computer playing games.

flat out lol i love that saying. im lookin a full time job atm its a killer. im skinto and in my current workplace theres fack all hours going :mad:. 2-6 is easy lol. i love working longgggg shifts. i did a few 5pm-7am's over the xmas period and oh my i love it. hard grafting!!!

haha. i work 9-5 on my computer playing games.

flat out lol i love that saying. im lookin a full time job atm its a killer. im skinto and in my current workplace theres fack all hours going :mad:. 2-6 is easy lol. i love working longgggg shifts. i did a few 5pm-7am's over the xmas period and oh my i love it. hard grafting!!!

If you like dogs the PSNI are looking for a kennel assistant. I was going to apply love the woofers but a little too far away for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Nice one PYG good luck with it. It has been a long wait, you deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Yesssss PYG. I knew it! Didn't I say to you I had a feeling!!! brilliant mate....

pablissimo wrote: »
    Nice one PYG good luck with it. It has been a long wait, you deserve it.

Thanks. You're telling me. Vetting been sorted since blooming Aug/Sept!! I have spent alot of time annoying the postman. He came into work yesterday and I said where is my post. He was like sorry. I said try harder tomorrow and as if by magic my med arrives today!!

integra1 wrote: »
    Yesssss PYG. I knew it! Didn't I say to you I had a feeling!!! brilliant mate....

So happy Teg, its like I have just received the call!! I know its only a med but its a huge step in the right direction.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

So happy Teg, its like I have just received the call!! I know its only a med but its a huge step in the right direction.:D

Well done its great news, you'll be in g'ville before you know it!

1979SD wrote: »
    Well done its great news, you'll be in g'ville before you know it!

I sure hope so!:D

heyyyyy absolutley delighted for ya:D lol pm me with the date... ohw rung me dis morning to cancel a medical date to check my eyes after my recent opaerations before i start..... lol i wonder if they give you my date:pac:

glad you got it pyg:)

woop woop officer to be how exciting :D roll on july!!

yep im 21, had my consultation today all seems fine, apart from nerves issue that doctor wont know what hit they'll think its an earthquake from all the shaking!!

yeah ive been looking up lots on the internet youtube and all..i think im mad lol

let me know what they said, you think they shouldnt have taken you because you were 19? your right like your eyes arent something you should mess around with it needs lots of consideration! i just want to get it over and done with though!! did you have lasik or lasek?

i got the lasik done originially then in my enhancements i got the Lasek done for both eyes... though it is more painfull i personally think its a better treatment. apparently i was old enough... optimax dont take you until your 21 just for safety!
    given could it be because your eyes werent fully developed though? that was one of the reasons my optition said to me about. because i had to get a certain type of lenses for my eyes. he said it can be up to like 25 before they finally settle.

well they said i was suitable for it so not sure:eek: lol to 2bh... ive noticed it geting better the past few days since i made these posts.. maybe its to early to say if they have settled yet and are still healing becasuse it said it can take up to a number of months before its an its optimim:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I was really excited for you, NEARLY as excited when I got my medical invite lol...Huge step in right direction if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Well done PYG, hope it all works out for you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Well done PYG. No one deserves it more than you:):):)

Advertisement