Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

surfrunner wrote: »
    Well done PYG. No one deserves it more than you:):):)
    or MGH ;) another one who loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

integra1 wrote: »
    I was really excited for you, NEARLY as excited when I got my medical invite lol...Huge step in right direction if you ask me.

Thanks Teg. Not looking forward to my free hair cut though!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

am busting to get home now! i want to see what the postie has left for me! well done PYG:D:D:D:D!

nickni wrote: »
    Well done PYG, hope it all works out for you! :D

Thanks. So pleased. Been waiting so long:)

surfrunner wrote: »
    Well done PYG. No one deserves it more than you:):):)

Awh thanks. Thats sweet:)

• Advertisement

am busting to get home now! i want to see what the postie has left for me! well done PYG:D:D:D:D!

It'l be there hun. I only know of one other person who got a medical today. Cant wait to see who else gets one.

oooooohhhh who that be then? have got ants in my pants, cannot settle down now, think i be skiddaddling home early today! And i was just lamenting about how much i hate my job this morning and this news flashes up! I hope the fabby MGH gets word too! that'd be some hat trick!

oooooohhhh who that be then? have got ants in my pants, cannot settle down now, think i be skiddaddling home early today! And i was just lamenting about how much i hate my job this morning and this news flashes up! I hope the fabby MGH gets word too! that'd be some hat trick!

I had better not say who. Its a guy who doesnt post often. Yeah come on MGH!

I was just about to ring about the Kennel assistant job to see what the hours were then mum rang to say the postman had given her a letter for me with OHW on it. Happy days. Where I work is getting knocked down at the end of the summer so fingers crossed for aug or oct.

Right Mrs, Im away to work, will get the goss after 6.30pm.

All the best

haha. cant young peggysue open it up and tell you!??! youll be able to tell if you walk in the door and she has this expression...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw&feature=channel_page

or she could either come running at you like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2IzE&feature=channel_page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

OMG- just got a med date!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

aww congrats chick, hopefully you'll be marching round GV in no time and in the sunny weather :D:D

• Advertisement

me 2, me 2 i got a letter, wooo hooo, :Dthe med questionnaire form is a pisser though....:(

me 2, me 2 i got a letter, wooo hooo, :Dthe med questionnaire form is a pisser though....:(
    woooooooooooooo hellll yeah!!! did she have the stare when you walked through the door then!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

WELL done Peggysue's Ma I am sure you're on cloud 9 mate! great news for you guys! ;) Hope MGH in same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Huge congrats you lucky gals!!!
    SO chuffed for you!:D

Good girl, so pleased. Knew you would!!:D

no luck today then MGH? :( hopefully it arrives tomorrow

smyff wrote: »
    no luck today then MGH? :( hopefully it arrives tomorrow

Highly unlikely I'm afraid - I'm too far down, 30 places lower than PSM, not an appointable position so its all about C15 for me!

smyff wrote: »
    haha. cant young peggysue open it up and tell you!??! youll be able to tell if you walk in the door and she has this expression...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw&feature=channel_page

or she could either come running at you like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2IzE&feature=channel_page

yes she looks like the lion, and bounds about like that too, wouldn't fancy that big fella running at me, peg would knock me flying sometimes! we are both just back from a walk/run, both knacked.... she is lyin beside my feet in a slabbery panting heap

mgh, am gutted for you i really am, is it def the fat lady warming up? is there even a wee glimmer?

I'd say so. Not to worry. C15 to look forward to:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'd say so. Not to worry. C15 to look forward to:rolleyes:

You never know MGH, if they are going out again they could work down in your direction! I think loads have pulled out etc with security threats etc! Just my opinion! Anyways best of luck mate!:D

You know I send my luck sista!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

waay hey to all those who got a med date! just goes to show theres still life in c14 yet!!

just don't be late for your med...i nearly was and the woman was just about to turn me away! but then i worked my people skills on her and all was sweet again. phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

just don't be late for your med...i nearly was and the woman was just about to turn me away! but then i worked my people skills on her and all was sweet again. phew!

And if you are a fella, don't wear loose fitting boxers, as (to quote someone else earlier in a post) your spuds could fall out when doing the stretching excercises :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

pablissimo wrote: »
    And if you are a fella, don't wear loose fitting boxers, as (to quote someone else earlier in a post) your spuds could fall out when doing the stretching excercises :eek::eek::eek::eek:

you are right..that was me....lucky the blood pressure test was before the spud incident or id have been out on my ear :) embarrassment would have put it through the roof!

PYG you're gonna get a bald patch!!!! :)

integra1 wrote: »
    PYG you're gonna get a bald patch!!!! :)

Oh shush you. Dont know whats worse, stripping off or getting a bald patch! I might adjust my parting so that when parted normally the baldness can be covered? Please girlies tell me they respect the hair of the ladies..........who am i kidding!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Dont worry. They take it from as close to your crown as poss. I have long hair so it was no bother (even though they could have made a wig out of what they took). Just a bit awkward trying to explain it to the hairdressers. "Was playing with the scissors...and they just kinda slipped....". Cue looking at me like I'm a mentalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

got my medical date today finally! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

was gonna post this in the SMT thread but either my eyesights gone or its awol, probably my eyesight lol my medical joy was short lived as last night a friend of mine pointed out about false positives and stuff on the SMT.

long story short is i used to be about 22stone, got myself down to 16stone in about 2 years then plateaued (sp) for ages. was running everyday and watching my diet and was not losing a pound. looked into some fatburners and got a course of ephedrine, have been taking it for about ten days and things are finally moving again.
    then last night a friend informed me that ephedrine is in some way part of making amphetamines like speed etc and it can and does frequently cause false positives for illegals on drug tests. im completely bricking myself now, having waited so long to get this date, having never ever touched a drug in my life im gonna get rejected over a legal fat burner. was thinking of phoning OH&W for advice. anyone here had anything similar?

Advertisement