Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 potatopeeler

I found an interesting document online with comprehensive stats regarding c1-c7, including pass rates for all aspects of recruitment , a breakdown of the medical failure reasons etc. Its a bit out of date but it might be helpfull ?

http://www.psni.police.uk/eqia_recru...ull_report.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

well i handed the med form (tippex galore, am sure they won't like that!) into the gp today, will get it back soon if they manage not to lose it!.
    I am all geared up with my additional letters from the clinic that sorted out my eyesight and now i am armed with a physio letter about a knee complaint i had nearly 2 years ago.... now i am a bit worried as am sure that i read somewhere on here before about the strictness with knee injuries....i was treated for runners knee (chondromalacia patellae and a wee case if plantar's fasciitis), had 2 physio sessions, was given exercises, orthotic inserts for my shoes and bought decent training shoes.... have not had any bother since. does anyone think that this may be a big black mark against me???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

well i handed the med form (tippex galore, am sure they won't like that!) into the gp today, will get it back soon if they manage not to lose it!.
    I am all geared up with my additional letters from the clinic that sorted out my eyesight and now i am armed with a physio letter about a knee complaint i had nearly 2 years ago.... now i am a bit worried as am sure that i read somewhere on here before about the strictness with knee injuries....i was treated for runners knee (chondromalacia patellae and a wee case if plantar's fasciitis), had 2 physio sessions, was given exercises, orthotic inserts for my shoes and bought decent training shoes.... have not had any bother since. does anyone think that this may be a big black mark against me???? :(

Flat feet?...Fallen Arches??? Gosh I really should have listened at college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

I think youre well sorted and doing the right thing going in armed with all the information from the physio etc.... The worst thing is the doctor not being able to make a decision on your fitness until they receive further reports. If you havent had any recurrent problems with your knee in the last 2 years then surely that can only be a good indicator. Try and keep positive and not worry about any past injuries. Im sure that there are quite a few with past problems now resolved that havent held them back. Good luck getting your from back from your GP. I was told to call back in 4 weeks for mine. WHAT??????? My medical was in 10 days. Almost had to resort to bribery. But fortunately befriending one of the receptionists and bringing in a big box of cream buns on the day I thought I was told to come and collect it (my mistake heehee) did the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

I think youre well sorted and doing the right thing going in armed with all the information from the physio etc.... The worst thing is the doctor not being able to make a decision on your fitness until they receive further reports. If you havent had any recurrent problems with your knee in the last 2 years then surely that can only be a good indicator. Try and keep positive and not worry about any past injuries. Im sure that there are quite a few with past problems now resolved that havent held them back. Good luck getting your from back from your GP. I was told to call back in 4 weeks for mine. WHAT??????? My medical was in 10 days. Almost had to resort to bribery. But fortunately befriending one of the receptionists and bringing in a big box of cream buns on the day I thought I was told to come and collect it (my mistake heehee) did the trick.

10 days! that was a bit crazy but at least you got it. I used ferrero rocher!! Seriously, only one though! Didnt want her to think I was hitting on her! I collected it on the day of my medical so she really deserved it! Ah maybe I should have given her the box! I did have to hound them for weeks though! Im sure she knew my number at that stage! No calls though

• Advertisement

Hey potato peeler,
    I was reading that document. Interesting, nice one. I must post a question about it on the ist thread...

manaka wrote: »
    10 days! that was a bit crazy but at least you got it. I used ferrero rocher!! Seriously, only one though! Didnt want her to think I was hitting on her! I collected it on the day of my medical so she really deserved it! Ah maybe I should have given her the box! I did have to hound them for weeks though! Im sure she knew my number at that stage! No calls though

You wouldnt have had to hound them had you hit on her. I was quite prepared for that eventuality and IM A GIRL. But its a good idea to leave your form in well in advance of your medical if you can. Its easier to seek a private audience with the pope than to get a prescription/appointment at my GP's surgery.

Happy Days MHQ is ready for collection at the dcotors. Even happier days its free....FREE????!?!?!?!?! I was worried about what it might cost because I have heard some rediculous amounts on this forum like £90! Like what? Seriously its like 10 ticks and a signature.

Happy Days MHQ is ready for collection at the dcotors. Even happier days its free....FREE????!?!?!?!?! I was worried about what it might cost because I have heard some rediculous amounts on this forum like £90! Like what? Seriously its like 10 ticks and a signature.

Well done PYG! God to hear. Even better whens its free! More money for beer! or shopping! Or potholing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

just need to sort out my days off in the alst three years on mine, waiting on the boss removing the finger from his backside and getting me my attendance record. nothing serious anyway bar the odd cold and anything more than a week is easily explainable so hopefully that wont be an issue. dya think itd be worthwhile actually booking an appt with my doc to have it completed? or should i just chuck it in and ask politely if he'd complete it?

• Advertisement

bc84 wrote: »
    just need to sort out my days off in the alst three years on mine, waiting on the boss removing the finger from his backside and getting me my attendance record. nothing serious anyway bar the odd cold and anything more than a week is easily explainable so hopefully that wont be an issue. dya think itd be worthwhile actually booking an appt with my doc to have it completed? or should i just chuck it in and ask politely if he'd complete it?

I wouldn't worry too much about the attendance record on the MHQ, when they looked at mine I only had 1 years worth, and they just asked had there been any long term absence in the 2 years before that.

handy enough, the only issue il have on mine was 4 weeks off in november 06 due to a serious bereavement, so its easily explainable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

I couldn't get an appointment with my doc, all booked up for the next two weeks! So I managed to get them on the phone and they said it would be fine if I just handed it in to reception, so going to do that this afternoon. hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Yep that would be my doctors who charged a ridiculous amount. It was actually £85 for me :mad:. Should be wearing bandit masks.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.....:mad::mad::mad:

Hope I don't have to fork it out all over again this time around :eek:

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Yep that would be my doctors who charged a ridiculous amount. It was actually £85 for me :mad:. Should be wearing bandit masks.

Grrrrrrrrrrr.....:mad::mad::mad:

Hope I don't have to fork it out all over again this time around :eek:

MBC x

My doc told me it should officially be £20 to get my form completed, but he said he would tell the desk to only charge £10 because it was only a small medical form compared to some.

Chance? wrote: »
    I couldn't get an appointment with my doc, all booked up for the next two weeks! So I managed to get them on the phone and they said it would be fine if I just handed it in to reception, so going to do that this afternoon. hope this helps!

same boat as me, only the receptionist wasnt quite so nice. she told me that id have to keep phoning for a cancellation as its been so long that iv been down there so id def need to see the doc. completely enraged me the cheeky fcuker. gonna fone tomorrow again and hope for a more favourable response

Im never at the doctors. I just left mine in at reception with the Dr's name on it, my phone number and when I needed it back. Got it back yesterday no bother. I cant believe MBC was charged £85, scandelouso!

As for the days off thing. Where I work doesnt record sick days officially so therefor there is no record. I only missed like one day cause of the old bug so i didnt record anything. Obviously if id had a sick line from the doc etc for being off a good few days or whatever I would have stated my time off.

Im never at the doctors. I just left mine in at reception with the Dr's name on it, my phone number and when I needed it back. Got it back yesterday no bother. I cant believe MBC was charged £85, scandelouso!

yeah thats a joke, theres gotta be a way of checking if thats reasonable to charge for the sort of timescale it would take to tick ten questions, sign date and stamp the form.

the more i think about it, theres too much at stake for my doctors receptionist to mess up my medical due to acting the candyman. gonna fone tomorrow and ask them again, if i get a cheeky response im gonna let rip on them. no way am i coming this far to lose out on because of my doctors surgery not giving a fook

yeah thats a joke, theres gotta be a way of checking if thats reasonable to charge for the sort of timescale it would take to tick ten questions, sign date and stamp the form.

the more i think about it, theres too much at stake for my doctors receptionist to mess up my medical due to acting the candyman. gonna fone tomorrow and ask them again, if i get a cheeky response im gonna let rip on them. no way am i coming this far to lose out on because of my doctors surgery not giving a fook

Big cream buns work. FACT. But I agree. I think all doctors receptionists have to pass a cheeky with bad attitude and how to be premenstrual 31 days a month course before employment.

Pity you couldnt say - 'do you realise what job this medical is for biatch?, so watch your lip!:mad:. LOL

• Advertisement

Pity you couldnt say - 'do you realise what job this medical is for biatch?, so watch your lip!:mad:. LOL

Then youd be needin stitches where im from....Cos them is big GALS they are.... Wheres your extendable baton when you need it.

Then youd be needin stitches where im from....Cos them is big GALS they are.... Wheres your extendable baton when you need it.

Ok maybe the buns would go down well then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I think its a job requirement to be a lard arse to work in a doctors surgery. They're all big boned gals in mine. And cheeky biatches to boot. Faces like slapped arses. :eek:

Wait, I dont belong here.....:(
    (toddles back to IST thread)

I think its a job requirement to be a lard arse to work in a doctors surgery. They're all big boned gals in mine. And cheeky biatches to boot. Faces like slapped arses. :eek:

Wait, I dont belong here.....:(
    (toddles back to IST thread)

Stay. .... Please. Bulldogs chewing a wasp....

Stay. .... Please. Bulldogs chewing a wasp....

I cant:(
    I Didnt get an invite to the medical club, its like the VIP room
    My names not down, I'm not coming in:rolleyes:

Its in the post to you. Im a million per cent.

dont fret, think how nice it'll be watching me toddle off to my medical, then coming toddling back, past the medical thread, and taking a pew beside yourself in the IST thread :(

got myself sorted today, they gave me an appointment on friday with another gp who has seen me previously, no mention of a charge yet either, not holding my breathe though, im sure she'll blindside me with it at the appointment

dont fret, think how nice it'll be watching me toddle off to my medical, then coming toddling back, past the medical thread, and taking a pew beside yourself in the IST thread :(

got myself sorted today, they gave me an appointment on friday with another gp who has seen me previously, no mention of a charge yet either, not holding my breathe though, im sure she'll blindside me with it at the appointment

You'll be fine, you'll toddle back from the medical and then next thing you know you'll be all "OOh I got the call" in a wee room with PYG,PSM and RPC.
    And I'll still be in the fecking IST thread this time next year!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

am not thinking grand thoughts about "the call", am too worried about the 50/50 thing at the very end of this whole process, i just have a niggly doubt in my head that this is where am going to land on my fat arse..... i cannot bear the thought of the ist again, mine is this week also.... i am just doing the same prep as last time, ds braintraining, playing tetris, doing x-words etc getting the old grey matter to react a bit quicker is what it is all about, not if you have an a level in maths..... am **** at maths, that is an understatement!

• Advertisement

have a niggly doubt in my head that this is where am going to land on my fat arse.....

I highly doubt that being as it is a lovely arse and the PSNI aint got no money to be throwing medicals about willy nilly!!!:D

Advertisement