Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

i do hope you are right, you normally are about such things, we should rename you the Oracle, such a wise and in the know lady!

am just not getting my wee hopes up.... though if i get in i have been promised a holiday to mexico before heading to hotel gv.....c'mon recruitment i want a nice glowy tan and swimming in the sea and cocktails AND my dream job, am not asking too much!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

i do hope you are right, you normally are about such things, we should rename you the Oracle, such a wise and in the know lady!

am just not getting my wee hopes up.... though if i get in i have been promised a holiday to mexico before heading to hotel gv.....c'mon recruitment i want a nice glowy tan and swimming in the sea and cocktails AND my dream job, am not asking too much!;)

I trust there will be a ticket for your favourite Moderator and fellow hotel guest???

i reckon i could squeeze you into my suitcase PYG!:D

i reckon i could squeeze you into my suitcase PYG!:D

Happy Days Mrs!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

MHQ complete and signed off by my doctor which is good. i was, unfortunately as predicted, blindsided by her when the form was signed off. got the inevitable ''just see the girls at reception on your way out, im sure theres a charge for that''. could probably just have walked on out but i dont want any backfires.

got my flirt on for the very unattractive and unpleasant girl behind the counter to see if i could get away with it. turns out i must be a bit rusty on the flirting, 50quid i got charged. i felt like phoning 999 to report a robbery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Unfortunately flirting with the Health Centre receptionists is a bit like chatting up hookers, MONEY TALKS.....

Erm I am led to believe the bit about the hookers BTW...... :)

pablissimo wrote: »
    Unfortunately flirting with the Health Centre receptionists is a bit like chatting up hookers, MONEY TALKS.....

Erm I am led to believe the bit about the hookers BTW...... :)

You'd be glorifying my surgery if you called it a health centre. years on an interface has taken its toll. though in saying that i may be giving it a bit more abuse due to feeling very bitter about this mornings appointment.

to be fair to the hookers, from what iv heard from friends, they would be much better looking than the receptionist at my place

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

bc84 wrote: »
    MHQ complete and signed off by my doctor which is good. i was, unfortunately as predicted, blindsided by her when the form was signed off. got the inevitable ''just see the girls at reception on your way out, im sure theres a charge for that''. could probably just have walked on out but i dont want any backfires.

got my flirt on for the very unattractive and unpleasant girl behind the counter to see if i could get away with it. turns out i must be a bit rusty on the flirting, 50quid i got charged. i felt like phoning 999 to report a robbery

They must be in partnership with my docs surgery then - £85 :eek::eek::eek: and that was last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it's at least £200 this year (if the hike in my electricity bill is anything to go by :()

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

They must be in partnership with my docs surgery then - £85 :eek::eek::eek: and that was last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it's at least £200 this year (if the hike in my electricity bill is anything to go by :()

MBC x

The hookers have increased their prices too, due to the hike in the price of crude oil. :p

Sorry that was a really bad joke, :o I'll get me coat. (and its not a Plastic Mac)

Wow I cant believe they charged 50 smackers, MBC still holds the record though. LOL

Couple of questions folks, im sure they have been asked/answered before but please help your dear old mod out here:

1. I had my eyes tested a few weeks back just out of curiosity. Perfect eyesight so nothing to worry about. Do you think I should bring the report with me to the medical?

2. *one for the girls*.
    When you are down to your undies do you get covered up with a blanket?, what do they do when you are undressed? and how long are you undressed for?:o

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Wow I cant believe they charged 50 smackers, MBC still holds the record though. LOL

Couple of questions folks, im sure they have been asked/answered before but please help your dear old mod out here:

1. I had my eyes tested a few weeks back just out of curiosity. Perfect eyesight so nothing to worry about. Do you think I should bring the report with me to the medical?

2. *one for the girls*.
    When you are down to your undies do you get covered up with a blanket?, what do they do when you are undressed? and how long are you undressed for?:o

Thanks in advance
    1. no theyll still test you
    2. even for the lads, with loose boxer cacks. you get a blanket when you can sprawl over yourself which you hold at all times if i remember correctly unless you are seated. there is a curtain like a hospital which they pull across to undress and its only for 5-10 minutes if even.

i was glad to see the lady who took my eye test n all there haha. i was all happy. then i remembered that i was nakkkkked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

What about the old, cup "and cough" is this just a joke!

What about the old, cup "and cough" is this just a joke!
    i dont get what youre saying mate. its a medical, what do you expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

then i remembered that i was nakkkkked[/quote]

I wasnt. I feel cheated.

are we stripping to the buff? thought it was just to my chipmunks. also how far fown the eye chart is acceptable ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

bc84 wrote: »
    are we stripping to the buff? thought it was just to my chipmunks. also how far fown the eye chart is acceptable ? lol

Get er buns out, get yer buns out, get yer buns out for the docccssssss
    Get yerr buns out for the docs!:p*

*Sorry, slightly squiffy, was at the neighbours having bubbles**....:D
    **Its Friday, its the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Papa Charlie

bc84 - Third line up from the bottom,you must read it all!

I'm not fit to be let out sometimes, oh well LOL

I'm not fit to be let out sometimes, oh well LOL

Any bubbles left?

Any bubbles left?

Whoops....no:o
    Me likey da bubbles!:P

• Advertisement

Whoops....no:o
    Me likey da bubbles!:P

How rude!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

How rude!!:eek:

Depends what floats yer boat...........

tbh mate dont no aint had a medical before though dont see why you would end up in the buff! you sure you were at the right medical...

tbh mate dont no aint had a medical before though dont see why you would end up in the buff! you sure you were at the right medical...
    ohhhhhh right haha. no i was just joking. you only need to go to your cacks!!!

smyff wrote: »
    ohhhhhh right haha. no i was just joking. you only need to go to your cacks!!!

lol.aye thought that was a bit odd. whats this lung capacity test like? any real need to kick the ole smoking habit apart from the obvious one?

lol.aye thought that was a bit odd. whats this lung capacity test like? any real need to kick the ole smoking habit apart from the obvious one?
    your probs better quitting sooner or later lol. but i think theres been a few smokers who have passed it ok like aul shelly and she didnt quit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

What all do they test at the medical ? and why would you have to strip to boxers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭manaka

you gotta get to yer boxers, panties as they check your legs, flexibility, movements, see if you winch or anything. The lung test can be hard as I found, need to dig deep and I dont smoke! Thought my insides were going to come out! Check eyesight, hearing, co ordination etc. No hand under and cough, but I do believe the guards do it to check for hernias, dont know why they use that method! im sure there are less intrusive methods! Maybe they are actually checking for STDs!?:eek:

does anyone know what the craic if the scenario of your "trusty" gp losing your medical questionnaire were to happen? am having a bit of a nightmare at the minute, rang today to see if it was ready for collection... receptionist was very nice but very cagey, she hadn't a clue what i was talking about it until i said it was for a medical with police service next week, she doesn't know which gp in practice has it but will go on the hunt for it this afternoon! i work with health professionals, i know what this means, is usually lost in the doldrums somewhere..... i am ringing back this afternoon to see if she has got it but i am not very confident, will OHW give me another one if i need it. :confused:

• Advertisement

does anyone know what the craic if the scenario of your "trusty" gp losing your medical questionnaire were to happen? am having a bit of a nightmare at the minute, rang today to see if it was ready for collection... receptionist was very nice but very cagey, she hadn't a clue what i was talking about it until i said it was for a medical with police service next week, she doesn't know which gp in practice has it but will go on the hunt for it this afternoon! i work with health professionals, i know what this means, is usually lost in the doldrums somewhere..... i am ringing back this afternoon to see if she has got it but i am not very confident, will OHW give me another one if i need it. :confused:

any luck PSM?

Bit of a nightmare situation!

Advertisement