Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

No joy, took me an hour and a half to get thru this afternoon! spoke to another nice receptionist, they are aware of the form so at least it's there (i hope)but got the feeling i was being fobbed off, i told a wee lie and said that my medical was next tues and i really needed this form, like, yesterday! lady said she would reinforce how urgent it was that i get this form this week as it is a bank hol weekend! fooksake they don't have to write a report, just tick boxes and rubber stamp, i will lose the rag if i don't hear from them by wed morning! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

No joy, took me an hour and a half to get thru this afternoon! spoke to another nice receptionist, they are aware of the form so at least it's there (i hope)but got the feeling i was being fobbed off, i told a wee lie and said that my medical was next tues and i really needed this form, like, yesterday! lady said she would reinforce how urgent it was that i get this form this week as it is a bank hol weekend! fooksake they don't have to write a report, just tick boxes and rubber stamp, i will lose the rag if i don't hear from them by wed morning! :confused:

yeah ud imagine thats how easy itd be eh? my doc went through my med form with me against my medical history on her computer, was in and out in five minutes, still stings at getting charged 50quid. thats 600quid an hour if you wanna look at it that way :mad:

saga over! funnily enough i got a call this morning saying my form was ready, hmmmmm strange that and even stranger it was stamped and signed with last weeks date! got away with no charge, woopee!!!!!

thats that then, now just going to cut out the crap foods, drink more water, maybe get a few pounds off before the ordealof being weighed! will try not to pop any painkillers etc for next while.... oh and practice not squealing when hair gets pulled out of my head, am thinking a bikini and leg wax may just prepare me for that!!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

saga over! funnily enough i got a call this morning saying my form was ready, hmmmmm strange that and even stranger it was stamped and signed with last weeks date! got away with no charge, woopee!!!!!

thats that then, now just going to cut out the crap foods, drink more water, maybe get a few pounds off before the ordealof being weighed! will try not to pop any painkillers etc for next while.... oh and practice not squealing when hair gets pulled out of my head, am thinking a bikini and leg wax may just prepare me for that!!!!:P

Hey PSM

Glad you got sorted out. And didn't get charged too :mad::D. Just to let you know you don't have to worry about getting your hair pulled out, the nice man cuts it nice and close to your roots, about an inch wide and 1/4 inch thick - so painless. Feels a bit strange having spiky hair in a couple of places though :eek: and takes some explaining to the hairdresser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Sweet! Just got MHQ back there this morning & just like PSM there was nowt to pay!!!

Roll on the medical!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Sweet! Just got MHQ back there this morning & just like PSM there was nowt to pay!!!

Roll on the medical!!!!:D:D:D:D

Happy Days- Seems us 3 got off lightly compared to some:D

lol, your gp must be as dopey as mine!

thanks to MBC, so glad i don't have to go through actual hair removal.... i have long hair, is going to take forever for that tuft to grow out! oh well small price to pay...anyway if i get in, the big salary i'll get will go towards hair extensions, hardy har har:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

My GP is sound as pound! He went through mine with me and asked about the job etc as his son is a Peeler.....

lol, your gp must be as dopey as mine!

thanks to MBC, so glad i don't have to go through actual hair removal.... i have long hair, is going to take forever for that tuft to grow out! oh well small price to pay...anyway if i get in, the big salary i'll get will go towards hair extensions, hardy har har:D

I've long hair too - make sure you ask him to take it from the middle of your hair rather than underneath if you wear your hair up! He's a man, he does not consider these things :rolleyes:

MBC x

I've long hair too - make sure you ask him to take it from the middle of your hair rather than underneath if you wear your hair up! He's a man, he does not consider these things :rolleyes:

MBC x

Oh oh oh can you show them where to cut it? I dont want a bald patch on the top of my head, hair is always down you see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Oh oh oh can you show them where to cut it? I dont want a bald patch on the top of my head, hair is always down you see.
    haha im sure when people look down on you they arent lookin at your head:eek:

he took 2 from my head and when i was sitting you could see it from certain angles

Lol yes PYG - at least I did. It's easier for us women with long hair to cover it up - have no idea how men and women with very short hair cover it :confused:. Must take some explaining if anyone notices :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Lol yes PYG - at least I did. It's easier for us women with long hair to cover it up - have no idea how men and women with very short hair cover it :confused:. Must take some explaining if anyone notices :D

I normally have a number 2 anyway and after the SMT had to get a number 1 because it was so noticeable. Even that didnt hide the fact I had been scalped!!

Cheers MBC. Ill be like - give me a mirror a minute there and il show you where is ok to cut. LOL:D

me too with the mirror thing! how am i going to explain my tuftiness to my hairdresser, he already thinks i am mad as it is!

flip, i'll have to paint the toenails and maybe get a bit of colour onto my skin, am a whitish-blue tone at the minute..... am thinking a bit of a healthy glow (thanks to the naughty sunbeds) wouldn't be bad thing! esp if someone other than my hubby is going to see me in my undies!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 everhopefull

Random question alert:eek:
    Do people with longer hair get tested further back then those with shorter hair?

Why do i think of these things?!!:confused:

Random question alert:eek:
    Do people with longer hair get tested further back then those with shorter hair?

Why do i think of these things?!!:confused:
    just for 3 months. i spose they could always check it!

Good Luck to all with medicals soon:). You know who you are;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Good Luck to all with medicals soon:). You know who you are;)!

Not me sadly :(

Not me sadly :(

In the 'not too distant future soon' for you chick!!

• Advertisement

In the 'not too distant future soon' for you chick!!

I dont think so, but nevermind, C15 all the way baby!!:D

I dont think so, but nevermind, C15 all the way baby!!:D

Yeah, bring it on. I keep forgetting I have my IST soon!! Duh!!!!!

Yeah, bring it on. I keep forgetting I have my IST soon!! Duh!!!!!

You'll be fine smart cookie! Not that you'll need it!:D

You'll be fine smart cookie! Not that you'll need it!:D

Yum, cookies!!! Im no smarty pants!!!

(where did that squid go?)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

medical is bearing down on me now. excited and bricking it, mainly as the reality of the situation has dawned on me. make or break time, only comfort i have is theres nothing i can do to now to change anything. im fit and healthy so far as i know for everyday life. whether ohw believe that is a different matter lol

anyone got any quick hints or tips on what to expect? whats best to wear? was just gonna go for jeans and tshirt for ease. also i usually wear gel in my hair, should i go with a bedhead for the purpose of smt?

daft questions i know but sure :D

bc84 wrote: »
    medical is bearing down on me now. excited and bricking it, mainly as the reality of the situation has dawned on me. make or break time, only comfort i have is theres nothing i can do to now to change anything. im fit and healthy so far as i know for everyday life. whether ohw believe that is a different matter lol

anyone got any quick hints or tips on what to expect? whats best to wear? was just gonna go for jeans and tshirt for ease. also i usually wear gel in my hair, should i go with a bedhead for the purpose of smt?

daft questions i know but sure :D

Im super nervous as well. :(

Im just wearing a tracksuit and trainers.

Good thinking about the hair gel.......given1 would be the fella to ask on that front. I would say bedhead would be best.

washing your hair is no problem it doesnt affect the test. i dont see why it would. better than going in with dirty grease bag hair

smyff wrote: »
    washing your hair is no problem it doesnt affect the test. i dont see why it would. better than going in with dirty grease bag hair

Thanks, but bc84 was meaning would the gel (he was going to put on that day) affect the SMT. I for one will not be going with greasy hair, na ah!!

Thanks, but bc84 was meaning would the gel (he was going to put on that day) affect the SMT. I for one will not be going with greasy hair, na ah!!
    woops i thought that bc84 was a girl haha. i probs wouldnt gel the hair up then lol. just cause they might moan about it and it could sorta be awkward when getting tested n all like.

haha you gonna wash your hair for once then aye :P

• Advertisement

smyff wrote: »
    woops i thought that bc84 was a girl haha. i probs wouldnt gel the hair up then lol. just cause they might moan about it and it could sorta be awkward when getting tested n all like.

haha you gonna wash your hair for once then aye :P

Excuse me?!?! I NEVER have greasy hair, I wash it everyday, today i smell like pineapple and cotton extract LOL!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement