Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

PYG passed as well.

Well done bc84, come on PSM make it a hat-trick(?) from our Friday!:D

well done PYG on passing, and to everyone else aswell!!

hopefully you wont have to wait too long till you get the call!!

FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

PYG passed as well.

niiiicee onneee. really happy for ya. now youve just to wait for the el call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

PYG passed as well.

Good woman yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

still no news for moi, but congrats again to PYG..... PYG for chief constable!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

still no news for moi, but congrats again to PYG..... PYG for chief constable!:D

Thanks.

Chief???? Why????? LOL. Id rather stay fully operational thanks, you know, catching the baddies and all that jazz!

Im sure you will hear this next week chick. Wonder when we get SMT results?

• Advertisement

Sorry to cover old ground, but can someone who had their med a while back tell me if there is a seperate SMT letter sent out to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Sorry to cover old ground, but can someone who had their med a while back tell me if there is a seperate SMT letter sent out to us?

yes you get a seperate letter for your smt, mine came about a week or so after my med letter

1979SD wrote: »
    yes you get a seperate letter for your smt, mine came about a week or so after my med letter

Thanks, its like a week tomorrow so maybe it will come soon. Thanks again:)

Thanks, its like a week tomorrow so maybe it will come soon. Thanks again:)

you know yourself already if you've passed the smt - so if your vettings clear then you could expect a call for the july course possibly,
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

I know PYG, i still aint recieved my SMT results either & it's doing my head in although i know there's no issue i just want it ouuta the way. Three weeks tomorrow i had my med & two weeks on saturday past that i got my pass letter & still no SMT results.

• Advertisement

it took mine like 6-7 weeks to come

so you could still be in for an aul wait. i dare say theyll take a bit longer, due to the amount doing medicals at this time (most likely low). so theyll bulk em.

I think I read in the medical pack that if you hadnt heard about SMT results after a certain time you were to ring a certain number.(How vague was that sentence). Maybe im wrong though.

It was 2 weeks - but no idea of the number, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

I think I read in the medical pack that if you hadnt heard about SMT results after a certain time you were to ring a certain number.(How vague was that sentence). Maybe im wrong though.

I looked there but there's only a number ito ring in case you can't provide a hair sample. There doesn't appear to be a number to ring if you aint heard owt within two weeks.

Maybe i missed it?? Ah well, hopefully it'll come this week.

There was a number of a certain police station and certain department to call. Dont want to name the department or station, ya know!

All very cloak and dagger. LOL

hey,

did anyone else have any bother with the bottom lines when testing each eye on their own??

Didnt think i needed glasses but think im going to have to invest.

Im worried now about my results.

more waiting....and stressing

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

i thought i would but didnt, wasnt easy to read the bottom line oviously but i got there. was it only the bottom line that gave you hassle? i dont think you have to clear the whole thing to pass

I managed the bottom line, was tricky, but got them all. I think you are fine without glasses.

bc84 wrote: »
    i thought i would but didnt, wasnt easy to read the bottom line oviously but i got there. was it only the bottom line that gave you hassle? i dont think you have to clear the whole thing to pass

I struggled with the last line. And that was WITH me pensioner glasses.. dinnae worry. Youll be sound as. Nothing beats a guess if youre snookered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

I struggled with the last line. And that was WITH me pensioner glasses.. dinnae worry. Youll be sound as. Nothing beats a guess if youre snookered.

Just had a mental image of you with those opera type glasses squinting at the board...:p

• Advertisement

Just had a mental image of you with those opera type glasses squinting at the board...:p

ha ha. Beer bottle bottoms. Reminds me of the ad......"Theessse must be my Luckeeeeeeeeeee day". Nah? Just me then....

ha ha. Beer bottle bottoms. Reminds me of the ad......"Theessse must be my Luckeeeeeeeeeee day". Nah? Just me then....

Yup just you!
    I aim to be in tip top condition for my C15 medical!
    ( Now theres a PMA for ya! )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

i know you could probebly look this up but could someone tell me if you are allowed to wear glasses at the medical thanks

i know you could probebly look this up but could someone tell me if you are allowed to wear glasses at the medical thanks

I think they test you aided and unaided if you wear glasses or lenses but someone who has actually done a medical (i.e. not me grrrrr:mad:) could answer that better.

Yes. But you have to get to certain standard without them. Bring the standards to your optician and theyll be able to tell you. The standards are on the website.

God. Its me again. Just another thing. Can you do the do for MGH as well. I know I know I'm demanding but she really deserves a "wee" medical....

RPC HAS PENSIONER GLASSES. you heard it from her, not me. RPC is ancientttttttt

and to the point. i could read a hell of a lot with out my specs and i was suprised. with them i could read everything.

i just sorta squinted a lil but i was pretty good.

smyff wrote: »
    RPC HAS PENSIONER GLASSES. you heard it from her, not me. RPC is ancientttttttt

and to the point. i could read a hell of a lot with out my specs and i was suprised. with them i could read everything.

i just sorta squinted a lil but i was pretty good.

Well you know the beer bottle bottoms I was on about. Thats him that is.

Well you know the beer bottle bottoms I was on about. Thats him that is.
    haaaaa. ill not be offended by this post... if youuuuuurrr luckyyyy;)

MGH i really do hope the best for your medical date. if not, you will pwn at the AC this year, and get a nice and earlier date for it:) aswell as vetting.

• Advertisement

bc84 wrote: »

got one or two on the line above with the left eye wrong but they went back to those ones i got wrong and let me try them again.hopefully got them right.

all the staff were sound.

roll on the results

Advertisement