Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Delta2783

got letter today at last.... i only fookin passed! :D:D:D:D:D:D

congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I was just reading through my medical correspondance that came with our medical invite. It says the SMT results would be within 14 days after our medical date. Its been 6-7 weeks now!

Does someone want to ring and see? I have no credit or I would. What if the SMT company havent forwarded our results to the PSNI, then that could be holding us up from getting the call. AHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

I was just reading through my medical correspondance that came with our medical invite. It says the SMT results would be within 14 days after our medical date. Its been 6-7 weeks now!

Does someone want to ring and see? I have no credit or I would. What if the SMT company havent forwarded our results to the PSNI, then that could be holding us up from getting the call. AHHHHHHHH

the smt results were more than likley sent to the police!i never received them for c14 and i done my medical back in december and passed!

if yous have letters saying you have passed the medical i seriously wouldnt worry and dont think it has anything to do with the call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TangoSierraGolf

Could anyone who has been lucky enough to receive a medical date for c15 already, give a rough time frame without compromising security i.e. a week a month, as I am working hard to lower my b.m.i. and may have to step it up another gear:eek: if I am so lucky as to get a med (heres hoping!!!) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Could anyone who has been lucky enough to receive a medical date for c15 already, give a rough time frame without compromising security i.e. a week a month, as I am working hard to lower my b.m.i. and may have to step it up another gear:eek: if I am so lucky as to get a med (heres hoping!!!) thanks

2 - 3 weeks notice is the norm.

People getting medicals from C15 at this stage will have scored very very well.

• Advertisement

I had a months notice, some had longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

i had about a month i think

bc84 wrote: »
    i had about a month i think

Sure we were the same day:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

People getting medicals from C15 at this stage will have scored very very well.

May not be true. AFAIK the date you applied is the deciding factor, and they work from URNs, rather than the highest score. If your URN is 1 and you passed the A/C, you're getting the forms first.

Makes perfect administrative sense, because some people's A/C was had still to happen while others had completed theirs. No point in waiting around until all A/Cs had been done, put them in order of score, and then send out the forms according to score.

Don't read too much into getting your forms early.

psni wrote: »
    May not be true. AFAIK the date you applied is the deciding factor, and they work from URNs, rather than the highest score. If your URN is 1 and you passed the A/C, you're getting the forms first.

Makes perfect administrative sense, because some people's A/C was had still to happen while others had completed theirs. No point in waiting around until all A/Cs had been done, put them in order of score, and then send out the forms according to score.

Don't read too much into getting your forms early.

I see where you are coming, and no one can be certain how things work. I know in C14 I had the first AC (June) and had vetting forms 2 weeks later, but only just had my medical in May. I could understand vetting forms now but to receive a medical date as well? Well? I appreciate that a merit list will not be compiled at this stage to know if those recieving both forms are very high scorers, but surely there must be some method to their madness. Or is there ?????:confused:

• Advertisement

Sure we were the same day:)

Oh aye lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jill77

God I would love to know what is going on!

My colleague, who had her IST and AC on same day as me (but has slightly earlier UID no) got her vetting form and medical form on saturday - but I got nowt :( I've been freaking out all day thinking its all over for me! [/drama queen]

But I applied towards the end of the application date so i could never work out how I was on the early ISTs and ACs :confused:

Jill77 wrote: »
    God I would love to know what is going on!

My colleague, who had her IST and AC on same day as me (but has slightly earlier UID no) got her vetting form and medical form on saturday - but I got nowt :( I've been freaking out all day thinking its all over for me! [/drama queen]

But I applied towards the end of the application date so i could never work out how I was on the early ISTs and ACs :confused:

oh dear. i applied first thing on the first day and had my ac on the second day and have heard eff all back. not looking good then for me

BC- now I mean this in the nicest way possible- shut up and forget about C15, you are in from C14!!!:)

until my phone rings and a delightful person on the other end says ''here mate, congrats your a peeler'' im taking it that im not getting the call lol

until my phone rings and a delightful perosn on the other end says ''here mate, congrats your a peeler'' im taking it that im not getting the call lol

Look Mr, im always right, ok? No arguing about it. And if you want to make something of it please do so in the general thread. Im up for some action, tickling, wrestling, you name it LOL:D

until my phone rings and a delightful person on the other end says ''here mate, congrats your a peeler'' im taking it that im not getting the call lol

Oh shush you - dont be such a big girls blouse.
    PYG will enlighten you via PM as to why you're talking pants!!;)

Yeah Il do the dirty work. ;)

LOL

thanks guys :D

LOL

Nay bodder!! We aim to please! Just hope it was all you expected!! Thats all il say on the matter, tis the med thread after all.

• Advertisement

LOL

Trust MGH. The blonde wont let ya down!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

is there some piece of information or news or development regarding c14 that I am missing!!!! if so, please pm me too! :eek:

or have i just read that wrong?

ps. anyone who did medicals got their smt result yet??? i never got mine

Chance? wrote: »
    is there some piece of information or news or development regarding c14 that I am missing!!!! if so, please pm me too! :eek:

or have i just read that wrong?

ps. anyone who did medicals got their smt result yet??? i never got mine

Still waiting as well. Dont beleive any of us have had word back about SMT!!!:(

i guess they maybe arent sending results for them now? even though they said they would!

no point in even trying to guess whats goin on in this process!

doesnt look like we're getting SMT results me thinks, nearly 2 months now i think

i suppose we wouldve been told by now if we had failed or something had come up on them, so i guess no news is good news (in this case!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

aye surely if you failed it youd get a dear john letter wouldnt you? its probs all sweet to the beat!

hope so

whats the latest with you smyff? just waiting patiently for a call that might never come like the rest of us??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Chance? wrote: »
    whats the latest with you smyff? just waiting patiently for a call that might never come like the rest of us??!
    yeah chance. just waiting patiently haha. just been keeping myself occupied with freecell and spider solitaire on a daily basis haha. the joys of part time work.

Advertisement