Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

smyff wrote: »
    yeah chance. just waiting patiently haha. just been keeping myself occupied with freecell and spider solitaire on a daily basis haha. the joys of part time work.

a good game of majong is good to kill time aswell symff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

bc84 wrote: »
    a good game of majong is good to kill time aswell symff
    haha i hate you. im addicted already its hard as.

yeh it becomes like a personal battle between you and the computer. welcome to my world lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

Got my medical date this morning. When you get the letter from Deloitte about ac, do they tell you your position on the merit list then or do you have to write in for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Has there been any Non-Rcs who have received medicals and vetting for C15 yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jill77

Oooh interesting point PYG - I'm non-RC and nowt yet but my colleague who got letter is RC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

Indeed that is exactly what i was thinking. It's a fair point & one, which if you think about it, may make some sense. Especially for those waiting for a call from C14.

It could be that C14 has become short on numbers from the RC side towards the end now and need to rush through AC passed people to fill up the remaining squads. Just my thought.

Oooh, i'm loving this idea! Gives me faith again...now we just need those with letters to confirm.....[/crosses fingers & toes]

Jill77 wrote: »
    Oooh, i'm loving this idea! Gives me faith again...now we just need those with letters to confirm.....[/crosses fingers & toes]

Are you also waiting for the call Jill??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

I am non RC and know someone else who is too and we have vetting and medical forms. Sorry! And it still doesn't mean anything until there is a merit list, I am not getting my hopes up too much.

Well at least its a mixed bag. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out! :)

Are you also waiting for the call Jill??

Nooooo unfortunately not :( Would be happy with the letter right now :cool:

Ah, well hang in there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Hey folks also know someone and myself both non rc. Both of us still don't have vetting questionnaire or medical date :(. Is this a bad sign or not? I know no one knows for sure but I am beginning to get a bit disheartened!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Bifbert wrote: »
    Hey folks also know someone and myself both non rc. Both of us still don't have vetting questionnaire or medical date :(. Is this a bad sign or not? I know no one knows for sure but I am beginning to get a bit disheartened!!!

Hey Bifbert we only did ours on the 15th so I wouldn't worry thats only just over a month. I think everyone who has received letters did theirs a week before us. Maybe we should do table of who has letters and date of AC to see where we are at and to help us panic some more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

just back from a big stag weekend to discover a medical letter waiting for me!!!

i only did my medical for c14 2 months or so ago and now i have another one for this campaign (C15) already??!!

also, i haven't even had vetting forms yet for this campaign, but have a medical?? i thought the medical was always the last part of the process (both from experience and all that ive read and heard) so its making me think something weird is going on with this campaign...or maybe my vetting forms were sent out before but didnt make it to me!!

Has anyone else had a medical letter but no vetting forms????

Also, seeing as i only did a medical 2 months ago, surely i dont need to go through everything all again so soon after?? seems so completely inefficient....

anyway, sorry for the long post, just a bit confused :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Chance? wrote: »
    just back from a big stag weekend to discover a medical letter waiting for me!!!

i only did my medical for c14 2 months or so ago and now i have another one for this campaign (C15) already??!!

also, i haven't even had vetting forms yet for this campaign, but have a medical?? i thought the medical was always the last part of the process (both from experience and all that ive read and heard) so its making me think something weird is going on with this campaign...or maybe my vetting forms were sent out before but didnt make it to me!!

Has anyone else had a medical letter but no vetting forms????

Also, seeing as i only did a medical 2 months ago, surely i dont need to go through everything all again so soon after?? seems so completely inefficient....

anyway, sorry for the long post, just a bit confused :confused:

When did you do your AC if you dont mind me asking ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Chance?

dont have the date to hand, but it was in the first week of this campaign's ACs. seems like a while ago now.

i just think its so strange that in the last campaign i got a pretty good score but didnt get called for a medical until about 9 months after, whereas i have just done my AC a few weeks and already have a medical date yet no vetting forms!

bizarre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

Hey Bifbert we only did ours on the 15th so I wouldn't worry thats only just over a month. I think everyone who has received letters did theirs a week before us. Maybe we should do table of who has letters and date of AC to see where we are at and to help us panic some more :)

Hope you're right mate!!! Good luck to you anyway will let you know when I get results.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt panic about not getting vetting and a medical yet. For C14 I had my AC June 08 and had vetting 2 weeks later, but only just had my medical there in May near enough a year later. There have been people who didnt receive vetting for months after me and they have already been to GV!

Dont worry, the process is highly random.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Question for anyone who night be able to help, about 6 years ago i was definitely failing uni if i didn't think of a way to re-sit exams, i went to the doctor and claimed stress and he called it depression. I was prescribed beta-blockers (sp?) but never filled any of the prescriptions. I was never actually depressed but i did get to resit the exams. Would it be worth looking into getting a psych report now to say i an of sound mind or would i be best coming clean to the doc and saying what happened exactly. I know what i did was wrong and i have every respect for anyone who has truly fought through depression, i was young at the time and i do regret wasting the doctor's time because i messed about in uni till it was too late. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bubba1981 wrote: »
    Question for anyone who night be able to help, about 6 years ago i was definitely failing uni if i didn't think of a way to re-sit exams, i went to the doctor and claimed stress and he called it depression. I was prescribed beta-blockers (sp?) but never filled any of the prescriptions. I was never actually depressed but i did get to resit the exams. Would it be worth looking into getting a psych report now to say i an of sound mind or would i be best coming clean to the doc and saying what happened exactly. I know what i did was wrong and i have every respect for anyone who has truly fought through depression, i was young at the time and i do regret wasting the doctor's time because i messed about in uni till it was too late. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It all depends if you and the doctor declare it on you medical form. If he/she has it on your medical records then it will have to be declared. If not then no one need know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bubba1981

Bubba1981 wrote: »

You'll be grand, the doc will more than likely ask you about it, you should tell him just what you said here,that it was stress induced with uni etc. I also had some what of a similar concern prior to my med but it all went grand & i passed.

As long as it's not a long term prob then it should be ok. Hope this helps.

Chance? wrote: »
    dont have the date to hand, but it was in the first week of this campaign's ACs. seems like a while ago now.

i just think its so strange that in the last campaign i got a pretty good score but didnt get called for a medical until about 9 months after, whereas i have just done my AC a few weeks and already have a medical date yet no vetting forms!

bizarre

That's wierd & worrying chance:confused:. You did your ac same day as me, 9th June, i was hoping i wouldnt hear anything coz of c14.

You should phone ext appointments & see what the craic is.

Chance- I think you should give them a wee call and tell them you just had your medical 2 months ago for C14, they will probably say you will have to do it again. Ringing could shed some light on a possible intake for you (and me and lou and bc and PSM etc etc etc).

That's wierd & worrying chance:confused:. You did your ac same day as me, 9th June, i was hoping i wouldnt hear anything coz of c14.

You should phone ext appointments & see what the craic is.

forgot about that myself. doesnt look good for us lol

bc84 wrote: »
    forgot about that myself. doesnt look good for us lol

No way BC!!! Testarossa just got the call, stand by your phone!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fingers Crossed

Hi All

I'm not a great one for posting but am definately an addicted reader .... Congratulations to those who have received medicals and vetting for C15 I done AC first week in June and I still havent heard at thing starting to get that sinking feeling but keeping everything crossed at same time .. please please let something come in post tomorrow (bearing Monday rule in mind not expecting anything today)

PS well done to everyone getting call for August maybe the hold up on calls has been medical letters going out......

Advertisement