Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

psni wrote: »
    Likewise, I've known flexible people who couldn't run the length of themselves. It's not a requirement though, so you're alright.

good good. Appreciate clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gonetoosoon

How long do we usually have to wait for med/smt results? Do we just get one letter to cover both aspects?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

How long do we usually have to wait for med/smt results? Do we just get one letter to cover both aspects?:confused:

med is a week or two.

smt is a bit of funny one. the people who did meds in may still havnt heard and arent likely too. some others got pass letters. im taking it that no news is good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tumsuf09

Hi, first post on here just did my medical last week on the 7th and got my pass letter today. Does anyone know how long the wait usually is from now? Will i get seperate results for the drugs test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Billybates81

Hi ,

When did you do your AC? Previous posters have said the wait for results is a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Early July can't remember exact date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 cduck

tumsuf09 wrote: »
    Hi, first post on here just did my medical last week on the 7th and got my pass letter today. Does anyone know how long the wait usually is from now? Will i get seperate results for the drugs test?

Was your medical for c15 or a previous campaign?

tumsuf09 wrote: »

get settled in mate, depending on your merit placing you may not hear anything for a longgggg time.

some people get smt results, others dont unfortunately. its just another of the confusing parts of this weird and not so wonderful process

cduck wrote: »
    Was your medical for c15 or a previous campaign?

My medical was for c15.

I was afraid you'd say that bc84!!! let the waiting begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 leethegreat

they usually let you no your medical results within about 2 - 3 weeks, but unfortunatly the vetting can takes ages, i got my medical within 2 weeks and vetting took 4 months but then i think my vetting went through quite quick, if that helps any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Russler

Hi All

First post on here although this is my third recrutiment campaign!

I got all the way to the medical the first two times but failed for a high BMI (I was by all accounts a fat ba$tard!). This time my BMI was 29.7 so just within the limits :).

Waiting on the official letter but assuming all is well (I'm not counting the chickens until that letter is in my hand by the way!) how long before we start to here about recruitment d'ya think?

I rang recruitment branch yesterday and the girl said Deolitte won't be passing them the merit list till late September.

I'm a non RC so I recon I need to be in the top 150 to have a chance?...is this right?

Any experiences or info you could provide would be very appreciated!

p.s. this is for the C15 0903 recruitment campaign by the way.

if your non rc 150 would all but guarantee you a place.

going by c14 your looking at 390 maybe at an absolute maximum, maybe not even that, for non rc

for rc in excess of 1000

which is ridiculous when looked at that way, but we all know what we signed up for eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hotfuzz

Hi all!
    Long time lurker, first time poster - have been soaking up the advice from the boards.

My difficulty (panic) is that I've just got my letter informing me of the date for my substance misuse test... and I'm in New York that week! It's a holiday I've been looking forward to and saving for all year. I note that the letter says the test cannot be rescheduled, but I note it also said that on the letters about the Assessment Centre and you could reschedule those if you sent in proof of holidays etc.

So - do you think if I send in a printout of my airline tickets I could get the test rescheduled? Anybody had a similar experience? I'm really in a panic about this - don't wanna see all that New York money going down the tubes.

Many thanks for any responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

I would contact OHW on the number that should be on the covering letter that came with your med invite, they might be able to reschedule you seeing as you do have proof that you are heading off on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 hotfuzz

Thanks Peggysue - only number given on letter is for the external folks who do the drugs test, but I'll write to Officer in Charge, Substance Misuse Unit, enclosing airline tickets. Anybody else ever experienced this situation?

have you had a medical invite, smt is done on same day. I've pm'd you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EB1979

hotfuzz wrote: »
    Thanks Peggysue - only number given on letter is for the external folks who do the drugs test, but I'll write to Officer in Charge, Substance Misuse Unit, enclosing airline tickets. Anybody else ever experienced this situation?

I know a guy who was scheduled to do his last week, was going on holiday and it is now put back to October so it is possible but will mean a longer wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LXI 87

How long is a medical vaild for? I did one for C14 last November and passed. I did A/C in mid july got pass leter last week and vetting forms on tuesady but no medical date yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LXI 87

Contacted OHW yesterday a medical is valid for a year as long as nothing has changed you just have to re-take SMT test. So good news my medical is valid for another 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 elizabeth2009

hi i have my medical in the next 2 weeks, how long is it until you find out if you are offered a job and how does it work?

• Advertisement

hi i have my medical in the next 2 weeks, how long is it until you find out if you are offered a job and how does it work?

if you pass your med and smt and vetting, then depending on your merit pool placing and wether your catholic or non you may be offered a training place.

have you received vetting forms? vetting is the biggie as far as the waiting goes. i sent my vetting off in sept last year and still dunno if im cleared. id like to think i am though after such a long time.

id expect at least 4 or 5 months, if your average in the pool but either way, get settled in as you'll be here for ageeeesss.

i've said ti before to others, im in the closing stages of last years campaign and im at month 17 so far :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 rollinstone

hotfuzz wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Long time lurker, first time poster - have been soaking up the advice from the boards.

My difficulty (panic) is that I've just got my letter informing me of the date for my substance misuse test... and I'm in New York that week! It's a holiday I've been looking forward to and saving for all year. I note that the letter says the test cannot be rescheduled, but I note it also said that on the letters about the Assessment Centre and you could reschedule those if you sent in proof of holidays etc.

So - do you think if I send in a printout of my airline tickets I could get the test rescheduled? Anybody had a similar experience? I'm really in a panic about this - don't wanna see all that New York money going down the tubes.

Many thanks for any responses.

If you ring up and explaine the situation to the operational Health department or whatever it is called and speak to them they will advise you on what to do. I had to get my appointment rescedualed due to TA commitments and the girl I spoke to was dead on about it and I just sent in my proof of being away and a letter formally explaining the situation. Hope this was of some help for you dude and good luck!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Anyone from C15 get their medical pass yet. I had mine just over a fortnight ago and just hate all this waiting. Also does anyone know how to find out if vetting is going through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

erneboy wrote: »
    Anyone from C15 get their medical pass yet. I had mine just over a fortnight ago and just hate all this waiting. Also does anyone know how to find out if vetting is going through?

The expanatory notice that came out with the vetting forms made pretty clear that phone enquiries re. vetting will not be entertained , it did give an e-mail address for enquiries but judging from previous posts I would imagine that queries get the standard reply that '' your vetting is ongoing '' - not terribly helpful I know .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Bifbert

You have only been waiting two weeks!!! Give them a break, I'm sure they will let you know as soon as they want you to know? have some patience and I'm sure good things will happen for you.

Hi

I did my medical on 12th August and received the pass letter on 18th August. Sent off the vetting forms in early July and am now just waiting for the merit list to be produced which will be in late September.

Guys, sorry to be a pain but this is the medical thread, any queries about vetting should be on the vetting thread.;)

Also, I'm very sure that if you take the time to look back through the many posts from campaign 14 many of your questions/querie, have already been answered.

And on a final note, please be prepared for an extremely long wait with regards to this recruitment process. It'd be a near miracle if you hear anything about being offered a job in the near future. I am now in month 18 of this process and still waiting (with a reasonable merit score I may add).

Guys, sorry to be a pain but this is the medical thread, any queries about vetting should be on the vetting thread.;)

Also, I'm very sure that if you take the time to look back through the many posts from campaign 14 many of your questions/querie, have already been answered.

And on a final note, please be prepared for an extremely long wait with regards to this recruitment process. It'd be a near miracle if you hear anything about being offered a job in the near future. I am now in month 18 of this process and still waiting (with a reasonable merit score I may add).

Can I ask what your merit score is (obviously approximately) and if you are RC or non RC.

I only ask because you've been waiting for 18 months and I'd like to get an idea of how long the wait may be?

Thanks.

middle 300s and non rc. Bear in mind that there are still 2 intakes of C14 to go (Oct & Nov).

you could be in for a long, long wait, unless you have done exceedingly well in your ac. take my advice and try to put it to the back of your mind and get on with your life as if this wasn't going on. you will drive yourself insane trying to figure out, second guess and clue up and what happens next. i can guarantee you that you will never go through something as frustrating or as unpredictable and random for a job in your life.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

middle 300s and non rc. Bear in mind that there are still 2 intakes of C14 to go (Oct & Nov).

you could be in for a long, long wait, unless you have done exceedingly well in your ac. take my advice and try to put it to the back of your mind and get on with your life as if this wasn't going on. you will drive yourself insane trying to figure out, second guess and clue up and what happens next. i can guarantee you that you will never go through something as frustrating or as unpredictable and random for a job in your life.:rolleyes:

very good advice ^^^

im in roughly the same position and same timescale also. you can number crunch and factor in as many possibilities as you want, we've all done it lol, but i can assure you, the best thing you can do is relax, forget about it and get on with day to day normality until the call comes. the other thing is, theres no point really even thinking about getting into GV at this stage, as noone even knows their merit pool position. you could have passed the AC but be way down the merit pool placings, which is essentially a fail anyway.

sorry to sound like a grump or whatever but trust me, it will drive you mad thinking about, so we're trying to save you a bit of grief :)

Advertisement