Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Got my medical pass letter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

delancey42 wrote: »

Well done Delancey42!

I phoned OHW who said they didn't have my name on their list even though when I got my merit place a while back I was told I had been forwarded for medical. So I called appointments and was told I was forwarded for medical back in June but since then they sent a priority list of people in the top portion to carry out their medicals first and I am not on the priority list. I reckon the priority list is basically the people who will be expecting the call in the coming months.

So for anyone else out there wondering what is going on I hope that provides some insight. I am non-RC with AC score of 58, merit list just over 200. Girl at appointments basically said I haven't done well enough to make that list.

Thanks for that post Lucky - that should clarify things for some of the people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭pma1983

Well done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Congrats delancey!

So basically the have picked the top X amount of people from both community backgrounds and forwarded them on?

How can this be the case when it seems to be emerging that medicals etc are arranged in order that you sat the AC?

I can't remember when I got my medical letter but I think it was after the announcement of the freeze which if I recall correctly was around the 1st July.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Well done, glad to hear, now push up on the pew and just wait on the calling ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Canardly

Does getting a medical date mean you have passed vetting or can you still fail vetting after passing medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Canardly wrote: »
    Does getting a medical date mean you have passed vetting or can you still fail vetting after passing medical?

Still fail they aren't related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Lucky23

1986j wrote: »
    Congrats delancey!

So basically the have picked the top X amount of people from both community backgrounds and forwarded them on?

How can this be the case when it seems to be emerging that medicals etc are arranged in order that you sat the AC?

I can't remember when I got my medical letter but I think it was after the announcement of the freeze which if I recall correctly was around the 1st July.

I imagine that if you scored a certain amount at AC they know you will be placed in the top percentage so they prioritise you for the medical and vetting as you are high enough up the list to get the call in the first intakes so they will want to make sure everything has been passed. The priority list is probably then just in chronological order of when AC was done so if you got a certain score you were added to the list at the time and they are working down through it now.

That's my guess anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

med passed, come on vetting...from last year!!!, ahhhh and this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Hey has anyone had experience of appealing their medical result, successfully or not? Thanks

Hey has anyone had experience of appealing their medical result, successfully or not? Thanks

I am aware of people appealing their result - some were sucessful and some were not. Is there something specific you need to know ?
    Feel free to PM me if you wish to keep it private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

How long does it take for zie medical results.

On the day my BP was higher than normal.

I simply went to my GP 3 mornings in a row, he recorded the results then I sent them off with a letter saying that I was fine. They then passed me within a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

Anybody know where i would have to contact to find out if I am to expect a medical invite?? Last time i spoke to appointments they told me my details had been passed to the Medical Dept (or suchlike) and I should have a medical date very soon I think that was about 8/9 weeks ago!! Delancey or PSNI maybe you could point me in right direction or maybe im just abit impatient hahaha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I'm afraid you just have to wait it out. As soon as it is determined whether you will or won't be called for medical, they'll send you out a letter. The departments isn't structured in such a way that they can just pull your application and give you a straight Yes or No.
    mouser1 wrote: »
    Anybody know where i would have to contact to find out if I am to expect a medical invite?? Last time i spoke to appointments they told me my details had been passed to the Medical Dept (or suchlike) and I should have a medical date very soon I think that was about 8/9 weeks ago!! Delancey or PSNI maybe you could point me in right direction or maybe im just abit impatient hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 minerdees

I'm in the middle of appealing mine. It's a bit frustrating but just stick with it. I spoke to OHW a couple of days ago and they said I should hear within the next week or so. My advice would be to send any correspondance to them registered post, and call them a day or 2 later to make sure they have received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭catweasel10

minerdees wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of appealing mine. It's a bit frustrating but just stick with it. I spoke to OHW a couple of days ago and they said I should hear within the next week or so. My advice would be to send any correspondance to them registered post, and call them a day or 2 later to make sure they have received it.

That's a good idea, but just a word of warning to any Southerners who might have to send stuff in- as far as I know, An Post Registered Post only applies to addresses registered in the South- as soon as it hits the Royal Mail system, it's treated as normal post. I had stuff sent from the South before as registered mail, and it arrived as normal post despite the extra expense.

Just had a look at the website- appartently registered post from the South will still be registered in the North! Still confused as to why my stuff ended up as normal post though!

Minerdees suggestion of using Registered Mail is a good one - for a few quid it gives great peace of mind.
    Can't understand that issue Catweasel had - registered is registered in both North and South - maybe your unlucky ;) !

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

Lucky23 wrote: »
    Well done Delancey42!

I phoned OHW who said they didn't have my name on their list even though when I got my merit place a while back I was told I had been forwarded for medical. So I called appointments and was told I was forwarded for medical back in June but since then they sent a priority list of people in the top portion to carry out their medicals first and I am not on the priority list. I reckon the priority list is basically the people who will be expecting the call in the coming months.

So for anyone else out there wondering what is going on I hope that provides some insight. I am non-RC with AC score of 58, merit list just over 200. Girl at appointments basically said I haven't done well enough to make that list.

I called and called and called OHW and they said i wasnt on the priority list untili final got a letter out of the blue with 7 days notice for a medical and im in te top 50 on merit list.... no logic to it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

beca wrote: »
    I called and called and called OHW and they said i wasnt on the priority list untili final got a letter out of the blue with 7 days notice for a medical and im in te top 50 on merit list.... no logic to it at all

Oh my god Becca. I'm so happy for you.

beca wrote: »

I read on this board before that someone got a medical date, then the very next day after sitting the medical they got the call. Maybe this is indicative taht there will be a November intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kizwiz

Hi does anyon know what stretches they ask you to do in the Med?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Kizwiz wrote: »

Nothing very testing it's more checking your joints and see if you can do basic moment they give you a examination after anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Kizwiz wrote: »

Well they get you to hop on one foot across the room and they check your flexibility by seeing if you can wrap your leg around your neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

I found that tough too. I got my foot behind my neck ok but then just jumped up and down for a few minutes until I fell over. The good thing was that when I came to, the Doctor wasn't laughing too hard.:D

Seriously though, its not that tough, its nothing that you should be worried about if you are if you are the least bit fit. a bit of hoppin and a few squats, you'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mouser1

Hi Guys just got my medical invitation in today, wat a lot of paperwork. I am goin in roughly 3weeks time. did ac end of june

• Registered Users Posts: 15 numpty80

same here - but AC beginning of june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

got my medical date last week for next week, also emailed vetting to see what was happening they emailed back saying there's 400 people in the priority list to be vetted...maybe an indication as to how many they will be recruiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

kellyhud wrote: »
    got my medical date last week for next week, also emailed vetting to see what was happening they emailed back saying there's 400 people in the priority list to be vetted...maybe an indication as to how many they will be recruiting?

Has anyone been told they were on this priority list yet? Have just heard loads of talk about it, but don't think anyone has been told their on this list though:confused:

Advertisement