Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Fuzz_Buzz

Hey inspector...im pretty much in the same boat as you...medical and vetting completed a while ago now, and between 40 and 75 in my merit number (non RC) - anyone any ideas on potential intake dates? I do know November seems to be entirely made up from C13 - and I have heard theres a possible start on the 28th of Dec for new recruits (altho that seems unlikely with xmas hols etc)...its looking like new year anyway before we can get excited....

How many are actually in each intake per month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

People, count yourselves lucky! I've another 3-4 years to go before I can apply :( Everyday, I always think my day at Garnerville starts tomorrow, how wrong am I?

Good luck though ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 coppertopper

Fuzz_Buzz wrote: »
    Hey inspector...im pretty much in the same boat as you...medical and vetting completed a while ago now, and between 40 and 75 in my merit number (non RC) - anyone any ideas on potential intake dates? I do know November seems to be entirely made up from C13 - and I have heard theres a possible start on the 28th of Dec for new recruits (altho that seems unlikely with xmas hols etc)...its looking like new year anyway before we can get excited....

How many are actually in each intake per month?

Hey guys on the same boat, waiting on the call just! That start date for 28th dec is a goer! Have a friend that got in on that one, the intakes are every 5weeks and think there is about 30 on each 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Hey guys on the same boat, waiting on the call just! That start date for 28th dec is a goer! Have a friend that got in on that one, the intakes are every 5weeks and think there is about 30 on each 1!

Was he/she in C13 or C14?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

kelso69 wrote: »

There can be up to 60 in each intake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Murray2008

Would a Merit score in the 530 range be good ranking for a RC Applicant??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Murray2008 wrote: »
    Would a Merit score in the 530 range be good ranking for a RC Applicant??

It really depends on how many people ahead of you are also from an RC background. It certainly would've been good enough to get you recruited in previous campaigns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Murray2008

Thanks Carlty thats really the indication to by - previous campaigns.

I know each would be different but a point of reference is handy.

If any else has any indication its much appreciated Thanks again 888

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

Hey quick question is a merit score of 666 (RC) any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

namnit wrote: »
    Hey quick question is a merit score of 666 (RC) any good?

Damien, :D

That score would've certainly been good enough to get you in on previous campaigns, but it all depends on how many people with an RC background are ahead of you this time round.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

Given the fact my score is 666 i feel its a bad omen! lol def means ill not be getting in on january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 coppertopper

kelso69 wrote: »

Campaign 13 but had to devert to the next intake due to work, and the girl said that that would be the 1st intake of 14!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Wanalaugh

namit, i hate to point this out to u, but your merit place is unlucky.
    Why i hear you ask....
    Simple, you have just identified yourself to the police. This number identifies who you are. Go in and delete it and hope for the best.

wanalaugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Wanalaugh wrote: »
    namit, i hate to point this out to u, but your merit place is unlucky.
    Why i hear you ask....
    Simple, you have just identified yourself to the police. This number identifies who you are. Go in and delete it and hope for the best.

wanalaugh

he was already identified. he is actually the tin man from the wizard of oz! he thinks he can outsmart us by reversing his eman ha ha think again. ill get the tsew eht fo hctiw dekciw on you!!!

wise up about all this identifyin yourself crap! he has done nothing to worry about! if your slandering the police force and hoping to apply then you would have reason to withold information that might give you a way.

just because he says he is 666 doesnt make it strictly true. i think that anyone applying to get into the psni and willing to take what they hear on an internet forum as fact are going to make fantastic detectives!!

"mr johnson im afraid im gonna have to arrest you"
    "on what charge?"
    "theft of the titanic and i know its true cause someone said it on the boards forum!"

im not calling namnit a liar and i apologise for posting this after you wanalaugh but i feel that too many people jump in at people for posting a merit number or date on the internet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Penis Eye wrote: »
    he was already identified. he is actually the tin man from the wizard of oz! he thinks he can outsmart us by reversing his eman ha ha think again. ill get the tsew eht fo hctiw dekciw on you!!!

wise up about all this identifyin yourself crap! he has done nothing to worry about! if your slandering the police force and hoping to apply then you would have reason to withold information that might give you a way.

just because he says he is 666 doesnt make it strictly true. i think that anyone applying to get into the psni and willing to take what they hear on an internet forum as fact are going to make fantastic detectives!!

"mr johnson im afraid im gonna have to arrest you"
    "on what charge?"
    "theft of the titanic and i know its true cause someone said it on the boards forum!"

im not calling namnit a liar and i apologise for posting this after you wanalaugh but i feel that too many people jump in at people for posting a merit number or date on the internet!!!

Been on the lemsnort have we....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Been on the lemsnort have we....

no i wish. i dyed my hair tho and i think the peroxide is killing my brain cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Penis Eye wrote: »
    no i wish. i dyed my hair tho and i think the peroxide is killing my brain cells.

Exactly what you need for the Medical... more questions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ptb1981

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me advice. Im non RC and 175-200 in merit pool. Does anyone think this is a good enough position for c14? Has anyone got a phone call with similar stats? Also does anyone know how many recruits they are taking in c14? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

ive answered your question in the nov 16th thread.

yep, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BanTownCop

can any1 tell me how i find out my merit number ? ive passed medical and got told im on the merit list but how the hell do i find out my number lol

any advice would be great x

Hi, if you phone 90650222 and ask for appointments (recruitment) they will inform you. They require ur UID and personal details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Just thinkin, people are saying the first C14 intake is supposed to be december 27th or thereabouts?
    When should the calls be starting to go out? mid november?
    I'm just waiting on vetting (RC - merit number between 440 and 340)
    I submitted the vetting in late june.

I'm hardly expecting to be in the first intake, but it's always a possibility.

So mid november? any thoughts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

Just thinkin, people are saying the first C14 intake is supposed to be december 27th or thereabouts?
    When should the calls be starting to go out? mid november?
    I'm just waiting on vetting (RC - merit number between 440 and 340)
    I submitted the vetting in late june.

I'm hardly expecting to be in the first intake, but it's always a possibility.

So mid november? any thoughts anyone?

aye mate id imagine so........mid to late november!im guessing out of every1 who has passed the medical....the 1st intake will be those whose vetting is completed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tanzo22

Hey all, passed my medical!!! Got my letter just over a week after i'd done it. I havnt heard anything about my vetting though. Am I just waiting to hear about that? Do they send you out a letter saying you have passed that? Im between 215 - 225 on the merit list - non RC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

You don't get informed of passing vetting, but you can phone and ask if it has been passed. Just the wait now I'm afraid. When your time comes for the call you will be offered a training place by phone with an appointment pack sent out too. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tanzo22

Im so confused a girl at my medical told me she had received a letter telling her she had passed her vetting?

Would anyone know the number to ring to see if I passed the vetting. Also if I do ring are they likely to be annoyed with me? haha. The people at the recruitment are sometimes scary!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Ring 90 650222 and ask for recruitment, who will then speak with the vetting section and see for you. They may even give you a direct number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Is there anyone here still waiting to hear about Campaign 13? Also, does anyone know when the next set of phone calls is coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 janetcharleton

:mad:hi all just wanted some advise i am a non rc and am 500 lower end merit place. will i just crawl up and wait until next campaign or is there still hope. also i have passed my vetting but no medical yet:eek: i recieved a letter to tell me that they would not be able to tell me if they can offer me a place before sept 2009 how long is that to wait :mad: hope some one of you wordly people can help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement