Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

:mad:hi all just wanted some advise i am a non rc and am 500 lower end merit place. will i just crawl up and wait until next campaign or is there still hope. also i have passed my vetting but no medical yet:eek: i recieved a letter to tell me that they would not be able to tell me if they can offer me a place before sept 2009 how long is that to wait :mad: hope some one of you wordly people can help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is always hope janetcharlton do not give up hope but still go for C15 next year;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Hi guys,
    Its my first post so be gentle. Im number 75-85 on the merit list. Is it likely that I will get in? When do you think we will find out because this waiting is really doing my head in!

cpn wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Its my first post so be gentle. Im number 75-85 on the merit list. Is it likely that I will get in? When do you think we will find out because this waiting is really doing my head in!

excellent merit score cpn depending on outcome of medical and vetting and you pass i would say your in well done;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Hi guys,

Have you had your medical yet or got your date?

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Have you had your medical yet or got your date?

Had my medical last month and passed. Filled out vetting forms ages ago. I wonder what the hold up is. Would it be worth ringing recruitment?

• Advertisement

Had my medical last month and passed. Filled out vetting forms ages ago. I wonder what the hold up is. Would it be worth ringing recruitment?

Vetting sometimes takes a while you will get the call;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Yep I would ring and ask if there was anything back on your vetting yet, I am the other way round have passed my vetting have medical next week!!!!:eek:

Thanks for the help guys. Im gonna phone in the morning. I'll let you know if I find anything out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

:mad:hi all just wanted some advise i am a non rc and am 500 lower end merit place. will i just crawl up and wait until next campaign or is there still hope. also i have passed my vetting but no medical yet:eek: i recieved a letter to tell me that they would not be able to tell me if they can offer me a place before sept 2009 how long is that to wait :mad: hope some one of you wordly people can help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me I know how frustrated you are. Can I ask you a few questions? When you say 500 lower end do you mean 500's - 530's or 570 upwards - sorry, some people mean high and low in different ways!!:p When did you get this letter? Very recently? And did you phone up about your vetting or did it tell you on the letter that you had passed?

I would definitely apply for C15, a lot of us will be!!:rolleyes:

At least you've had something from them, even if its not what you wanted to hear. My vetting away since Sept and not a dicky bird since except the bog standard you're on the merit list we may vet you, we may give you a medical, we may ignore you for the next million years......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Believe me I know how frustrated you are. Can I ask you a few questions? When you say 500 lower end do you mean 500's - 530's or 570 upwards - sorry, some people mean high and low in different ways!!:p When did you get this letter? Very recently? And did you phone up about your vetting or did it tell you on the letter that you had passed?

I would definitely apply for C15, a lot of us will be!!:rolleyes:

At least you've had something from them, even if its not what you wanted to hear. My vetting away since Sept and not a dicky bird since except the bog standard you're on the merit list we may vet you, we may give you a medical, we may ignore you for the next million years......:D

I think that's the same letter that Janet's referring to. The "don't call us" letter said something about getting back to us by September 2009. It was a standard letter that went out to everyone on the list.

• Advertisement

carlty888 wrote: »
    I think that's the same letter that Janet's referring to. The "don't call us" letter said something about getting back to us by September 2009. It was a standard letter that went out to everyone on the list.

Hmmm. I really dont remember seeing anything about Sept 2009 on mine. Must go home and re-read it! ( not now obviously, later!! )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Hmmm. I really dont remember seeing anything about Sept 2009 on mine. Must go home and re-read it! ( not now obviously, later!! )

Im with you on that one MGH, cant remember anything saying September 2009 on it.

PS. I sent you 2 texts yesterday?!?!?!?!

Im with you on that one MGH, cant remember anything saying September 2009 on it.

PS. I sent you 2 texts yesterday?!?!?!?!

My phone must be acting up, the ex said he sent me two as well and I never got anything???

I didnt think there was anything about 2009 on the letters we got, thought I was doting in my old age!!! LOL

Right, I have passed the vetting stage and the medical but they would not give me any indication of a time frame for a definate yay or nay.

Im taking some consolation from the fact that so many people are in the same boat. Its quite stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Right, I have passed the vetting stage and the medical but they would not give me any indication of a time frame for a definate yay or nay.

Im taking some consolation from the fact that so many people are in the same boat. Its quite stressful!

Congrats!!! It won't be too long before you get the call - well done :D

MBC x

Congrats!!! It won't be too long before you get the call - well done :D

MBC x

Thanks for the encouragement. In c13 they kept me hanging on until Jan before hitting me with the dear john...Talk about post christmas blues!

Thanks for the encouragement. In c13 they kept me hanging on until Jan before hitting me with the dear john...Talk about post christmas blues!

I was in exactly the same boat in C13. Not a happy ship. :(

With that merit score, I wouln't be surprised if you got a phonecall from recruitment in the next couple of weeks. How does a cold January morning on the parade ground sound? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Can I ask you, when you contacted what did they say exactly, something along the lines of we are not in a position yet to discuss appointments for successful candidates or what? Just curious...

cheers
    Teg...

Ah hah! Doddery I am not!!!:D

The letter I got said nowt about Sept 09 just that my application was going through the final stages etc, notify them of any changes of details and other than that ,sit tight!!!

Vewy inneresting.....

Ah hah! Doddery I am not!!!:D

The letter I got said nowt about Sept 09 just that my application was going through the final stages etc, notify them of any changes of details and other than that ,sit tight!!!

Vewy inneresting.....

Yeah, I had to ring my wife to get her to check it. I'm doting in my old age!! :rolleyes:

I must be thinking of something else. I'm convinced that I've got something in saying that they'd be in touch before September 09. :confused:

• Advertisement

integra1 wrote: »
    Can I ask you, when you contacted what did they say exactly, something along the lines of we are not in a position yet to discuss appointments for successful candidates or what? Just curious...

cheers
    Teg...

They just said that they could not discuss it. Its such a mysterious system isn't it?

As for parade ground in January, I would not care if it was lashing down I would be happy :)

Yeah, I had to ring my wife to get her to check it. I'm doting in my old age!! :rolleyes:

I must be thinking of something else. I'm convinced that I've got something in saying that they'd be in touch before September 09. :confused:

I did remember a while back someone posting about having received this letter too.

Its looking like there are certain cut off points on the merit list. Those who are def in, those who are maybe like back up? ( I'm loathe to say wastage )

As for parade ground in January, I would not care if it was lashing down I would be happy :)

As would most (if not all) of us. I doubt you'll be waiting too long though. :)

They just said that they could not discuss it. Its such a mysterious system isn't it?

Thanks for the info..yeah its a frustrating system alright, but as I said before, I would still rather be in this frustrating position than not!!!....:D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I had the phone out earlier to ring vetting and find out where i am, but i had second thoughts, i'll save it for some time i really need it!

well, I did have my phone out and couldn't resist ringing vetting..Mine is ongoing!:eek:

I called external appointments today. The girl confirmed that the calls for the next intake will be going out over the next week or two.

Let the nail biting commence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsline/content/articles/2008/11/06/police_board_feature.shtml

did anyone see the news earlier?
    Recruitment might be affected over the next 5 months!!
    ****E!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 janetcharleton

Hi this some more info in what was in he letter i recieved that no one else seems to have got lol

you have been informed by consensia that you have passed all aspects of selection, you also satisfied the vetting requirements and entered the qualifying pool.
    in your particular case the chief constable is not in a position to determine whether an offer can be made to you or not. this is based on the fact that number of appointments from the qualifying pool is unknown at this time.
    notify us of any change in circumstaces etc.
    i fully understand your disappointment at not knowing the outcome of your application, but hopefully we will be in a position to advise you further by september 2009

head of hr planning and appointments

can any one help me make sense of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

I nearly pooed myself!! and it'll affect the overall 50 50. just what we need - more uncertainty. although is crime not on the up with the credit crunch?

Advertisement