Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

:pac::pac:A great Aussie love story to equal Romeo and Juliet...

Gazza is driving along the Sydney Harbour Bridge when he sees his girlfriend Shazza about to throw herself off.

Gazza slams on the brakes and yells:
    "Shazza, what the hell d'ya think ya doin?"

Shazza turns around with a tear in her eye and says:
    "G'day Gazza.. you got me pregnant, so now i'm gunna top meself"

Gazza gets a lump in his throat when he hears this:
    "Jeez Shazza" he says "Fair dinkum, not only are you a top shag, but you're a real sport too!"

And drives off!

Where do you get these??!!! They're great lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

lolli-j wrote: »
    Where do you get these??!!! They're great lol

I bet you signed on here expecting to see that several people had got the call.

It's a slow news day. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Must admit everytime I sign on I expect some one to say the 'the call came!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

Me too... but when I do get it, i somehow doubt you'll miss my post! :D

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Me too... but when I do get it, i somehow doubt you'll miss my post! :D
    I know exactly what you mean. If you ever see a post from me that has rediculously large text and is totally incomprehensible, that'll be the one.

Came across these reports a couple of days ago.

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/pg_freedom_of_information/pg_classes_of_information/pg_significant_public_interest/foi_human_resources.htm

They lay out the perceptions of PSNI recruits at 5 stages of their careers in the PSNI;
    1. At the end of the 1st month at Garnerville
    2. Prior to attestation at Week 19
    3. At the end of the 10 week tutorship in stations
    4. During Post foundation training in Maydown
    5. At the end of Year 3 when they have completed both the two-year probation period and their first full year of service as a Constable
    The perceptions are those of recruits who joined the PSNI between 4th November 2001 and 5th May 2002, so I think some things have changed since then.

The reports seem to make interesting reading and the comments may give you some kind of indication as to what life may be like once you get beyond the gates of Garnerville.

carlty888 wrote: »
    I bet you signed on here expecting to see that several people had got the call.

It's a slow news day. :(

I did indeed....sad arent i??!!!

Was kind've hoping at least someone had gotten one :(

I did indeed....sad arent i??!!!

Was kind've hoping at least someone had gotten one :(

To be honest, I didn't really expect anything until next week. There may even be no boardies (:eek:) on this particular intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Its all gone very quiet here on the boards anyone home???:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Its all gone very quiet here on the boards anyone home???:D

Just about! 1/4 of my time done yay!:D

Just about! 1/4 of my time done yay!:D

Happy days Mr Anderson;)

Happy days Mr Anderson;)

When you coming to join us Chelsea?..are you waiting on the call?

When you coming to join us Chelsea?..are you waiting on the call?

Unfortunately Mr Anderson i have some way to go ( i hope) before i join you iam waiting on C15 coming around and we all know the story there, the last time i applied was 2004 got the whole way thru but got the dear john so hoping C15 is my time!! U enjoying ur stay in hotel garnerville then??:D

Unfortunately Mr Anderson i have some way to go ( i hope) before i join you iam waiting on C15 coming around and we all know the story there, the last time i applied was 2004 got the whole way thru but got the dear john so hoping C15 is my time!! U enjoying ur stay in hotel garnerville then??:D

Just FYI C15 will come around, itll be around march time and all recruitment will go as planned wil 2010 then thereafter the freeze will happen...so i've been told.
    To be honest the hotel is great for the first 4 weeks, gets you bonding with your squad, thereafter though when you move out and travel in everyday it's more difficult if you live further away like myself!:( gettin up at 5.30 just for the CI parade at 8 is killer lol!
    I wish the best with C15 though, got all the help you could need here!

Just FYI C15 will come around, itll be around march time and all recruitment will go as planned wil 2010 then thereafter the freeze will happen...so i've been told.
    To be honest the hotel is great for the first 4 weeks, gets you bonding with your squad, thereafter though when you move out and travel in everyday it's more difficult if you live further away like myself!:( gettin up at 5.30 just for the CI parade at 8 is killer lol!

Thanks for that Mr Anderson everyone on the board very helpful and have had some great craic lol all the best for the rest of your stay mate ps thanks for letting me know C15 will come around in march thats put my mind at rest anyway!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

hey mr a just wonderin how far u have to travel to garnerville. i live bout 50 miles and was hopin travel after the 4 weeks penthouse suite stay. or do u no if there is acc. for families down there?

Penis Eye wrote: »
    hey mr a just wonderin how far u have to travel to garnerville. i live bout 50 miles and was hopin travel after the 4 weeks penthouse suite stay. or do u no if there is acc. for families down there?

You want to travel lol?...be my guest but those further than 35 miles get to stay...unfortunately no families though, can barely fit in the rooms yourself, nevermind anyone else!

Mr Anderson just a quick question i had heard C15 was going in Feb 09 but with less numbers u reckon its march 09?? either way im happy though!!:D

Mr Anderson just a quick question i had heard C15 was going in Feb 09 but with less numbers u reckon its march 09?? either way im happy though!!:D

well i know that we pass out in march so there will need to be at least 3 before us, at the moment there is one so i reckon the C14ers will be brought in at the start of 2009...then going from what i was told, it shud be late feb or early march then that C15 starts...at the end of the day though it can be changed...

well i know that we pass out in march so there will need to be at least 3 before us, at the moment there is one so i reckon the C14ers will be brought in at the start of 2009...then going from what i was told, it shud be late feb or early march then that C15 starts...at the end of the day though it can be changed...

Yeah i know thats what im worried about but still holding out for C15 in feb/mar 09!!

• Advertisement

Yeah i know thats what im worried about but still holding out for C15 in feb/mar 09!!

itll be that time before you know it mate trust me, who knows they might start it early! did you miss C14?

itll be that time before you know it mate trust me, who knows they might start it early! did you miss C14?

Yeah heres hoping mate yeah missed C14 long story!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

man thats legendary. is it far better than youd hope in G'Ville?

what about the workload n everything. is it hard?! spill the beans cheif!

smyff wrote: »
    man thats legendary. is it far better than youd hope in G'Ville?

what about the workload n everything. is it hard?! spill the beans cheif!

It's good i'll say that, play the game and you'll be fine, 20 weeks isn't a long time, i wish i cud stay in acc block longer than 4 weeks but unfortunately have to make way for the junior squads lol...you'll enjoy it there, make great friends and have good laughs too!
    as for workload, if you use your time efficiently, you can have all your work done in the day and be free at nights, don't forget though, first test is in week 5, it's the definitions test and i would advise to have a good understanding of them by week 3 at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

boring 'no news' saturday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

boring 'no news' saturday!

Only one thing for it. To the pub!:)

To be honest, I didn't really expect anything until next week. There may even be no boardies (:eek:) on this particular intake.

Don't say such a horrible thing :eek: lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Im kind of hopeful for this week. It would seem to make sense that they start the calls after the intake today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

yeah fingers crossed!
    Lets hope some of us gets the call this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

yeah fingers crossed!

I'd settle for a med date and a glimmer of hope!:rolleyes:

But seriously, I hope there's good news for Boardsies this week. :D

• Advertisement

I'd settle for a med date and a glimmer of hope!:rolleyes:

But seriously, I hope there's good news for Boardsies this week. :D

and for all those awaiting results aswell ;)! for all of them. med this week. keeking it

smyff wrote: »
    and for all those awaiting results aswell ;)! for all of them. med this week. keeking it

All the best mate!!;)

All the best mate!!;)

haha cheers. i woke up earlier n i was nervous. until the day ill tripe it. then ive to wait on results lol

yeah fingers crossed!

While I'd be more than happy to take a call with regards to spending New Years Eve at Hotel Garnerville, I'm not holding my breath (my money's on a March/April intake ;)).

I hope at least a couple of boardies get the nod for December 28th though. :D

While I'd be more than happy to take a call with regards to spending New Years Eve at Hotel Garnerville, I'm not holding my breath (my money's on a March/April intake ;)).

I hope at least a couple of boardies get the nod for December 28th though. :D

I'd have to agree with you there, I just don't feel like i could be 'that' lucky!

I'd have to agree with you there, I just don't feel like i could be 'that' lucky!

We'll be 'that' lucky sometime soon though. Our merit numbers are good enough, so it's just a matter of 'when' (providing we don't go do anything stupid in the meantime). :D

Where has everybody gone these last few days??? :confused:

Is this the quiet before the storm??? :eek:

Or did the sheep jokes scare everyone away??? :rolleyes:

Mornin!!! So this could be THE week for a good few boardies...good luck everyone! :cool:

Mornin!!! So this could be THE week for a good few boardies...good luck everyone! :cool:

Yup, got so many bits of me crossed its untrue!! I am think I am going to be a nervous wreck by the end of the week :D

• Advertisement

Yup, got so many bits of me crossed its untrue!! I am think I am going to be a nervous wreck by the end of the week :D

Sounds painful!!! :eek:

I hope you're right. Good luck yourself. :)

I hope you're right. Good luck yourself. :)[/quote]

cheers!! Though i think i'll prob be more some time in the new year...doesnt stop me getting oevrly hyper every time my phone rings!!

cheers!! Though i think i'll prob be more some time in the new year...doesnt stop me getting oevrly hyper every time my phone rings!!

I know what you mean. I've had a couple of calls this morning. The people on the end of the line must be able to sense my disappointment. :D

C'mon recruitment. Gimmie a call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tanzo22

Can anyone give me the low-down on Garnerville? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this! If I do get accepted in to the PSNI do you have to stay at Garnerville for 4 weeks or are you allowed home at nights/weekends? I may be asking some really obvious questions but I've no clue! I don't live that far away from it and thats why I'm wondering!

Yeah not had any calls myself. And luckily people don't withold their numbers in general when they phone me. So nothing too nerve-wracking happening yet!

I doubt I'll get in on this round tho. My number's good but not good enough for this round I think. I'll probably just end up disappointed.

tanzo22 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me the low-down on Garnerville? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this! If I do get accepted in to the PSNI do you have to stay at Garnerville for 4 weeks or are you allowed home at nights/weekends? I may be asking some really obvious questions but I've no clue! I don't live that far away from it and thats why I'm wondering!

Hi,

You have to stay in for the first 4 weeks on week nights.

Although its not a prison so you can leave during the evening. You just have to ben 'signed' in by the right time - which i have recently been told is like 10pm.

The weekends you can leave and go home. But you have to be back first thing on Monday, which means most people tend to come back on Sunday evening.

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Yeah not had any calls myself. And luckily people don't withold their numbers in general when they phone me. So nothing too nerve-wracking happening yet!

I doubt I'll get in on this round tho. My number's good but not good enough for this round I think. I'll probably just end up disappointed.

They may not be doing it by number though, they may just do it in order of vetting coming through, etc... That's just my opinion then. God knows what will really happen! lol

PandaPants wrote: »
    They may not be doing it by number though, they may just do it in order of vetting coming through, etc... That's just my opinion then. God knows what will really happen! lol

Lol its a real mare isn't it!? All the speculation flying about and no one really knows anything! :rolleyes: But I guess the intake has to go ahead so if vetting is not back they have to skip those people :( which is really sucky... kinda makes me feel bad ya know, people who should probably be going in before me having to wait cos of vetting :mad:

PandaPants wrote: »

I think they have a list of people who have completed everything (vetting, medical, SMT) and work their way through that based on merit number (ie. lowest merit numbers in first).

DownMTber - If I remember correctly you're fairly low down the list (100ish), so you'll be in with a better shout than most of us.

I think they have a list of people who have completed everything (vetting, medical, SMT) and work their way through that based on merit number (ie. lowest merit numbers in first).

DownMTber - If I remember correctly you're fairly low down the list (100ish), so you'll be in with a better shout than most of us.

I know... doesn't make the waiting easier though :cool:

I thought yours was around there too?

I know... doesn't make the waiting easier though :cool:

I thought yours was around there too?

I'm about 40 places behind you. If you don't get a call for December, then I've no chance.

Not to worry though. If we don't get this one, we'll get one of the next intakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement