Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

smyff wrote: »
    i really dont think that they will even be given the chance to stop recruiting. think about it.

everyone who needs money, gets it in the end, even if its not enough. they have money for this campaign, its most likely for the others. everything gets sorted in the near future. in a month or 2 we will be laughing about this.

putting us into wastage now, is more a waste of their time and money. i dont think anyones THAT stupid.

I concur.

I expect that C14 will go ahead as planned, but C15 may start a little later than February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

carlty888 wrote: »
    I concur.

I expect that C14 will go ahead as planned, but C15 may start a little later than February.

aye, maybe theyll just tighten up the amount onto that merit list, even having a higher standard for the IST and the AC, meaning a smaller amount on the merit list. but disposing of US, just doesnt make sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

I really do hope so. Althought nothing surprises me when it comes to government departments. Theres too many monkeys at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Something I hadn't thought of before (Cheers Gaz).

What about people who have defered or are back-squaded due to injuries or sickness? They can't just kick these people out (most of them will be from C12 and C13).

I know someone who has defered to the February intake. I'm therefore assuming there will be a February intake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

that could change mate, i know a girl that started in hampshire constabulary, she was given a provisional start date of october but ended up getting in august because someone broke their leg and had to pull out, lucky for her because budget problems mean hampshire arent doing another intake until may 2009! and they cancelled the october intake. they will not cancel c14, it makes no sense as they have already spent sooo much on it, it is possible that c15 could be put back or c14 intakes could be affected but they wont just bin us, if you've passed everything and are up the merit list they have to give you a start, theres just no telling WHEN they will give you a start date.

and they can find billions to bail out banks!.........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

pb999 wrote: »

and they can find billions to bail out banks!.........:confused:

Exactly! Disgraceful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Lolli-J ur right. It's the not knowing.

TBH you would think they'd realise that we don't apply for PSNI unless we're passionate about it and be a little more decisive about our futures.

And its not pathetic... i'm a grown man and feel like crying. This has been hard work and expensive for some of us and it would be devastating for them to just send me a Dear John because they screwed up.

I cant believe this. The time and effort that we have all put in to getting this far. I feel like being sick. The only thing keeping me in my horrible job is the glimer of hope that is being recruited.

Im through vetting and everything but it does'nt look good does it? Im going to phone tomorrow. They should not be allowed to mess about with our futures like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

cpn wrote: »
    I cant believe this. The time and effort that we have all put in to getting this far. I feel like being sick. The only thing keeping me in my horrible job is the glimer of hope that is being recruited.

Im through vetting and everything but it does'nt look good does it? Im going to phone tomorrow. They should not be allowed to mess about with our futures like this!

Was talking to a person in external appointments cpn C14 is going as normal and they are recruiting again in feb 09 for C15 straight from the horses mouth mate hope that helps!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

cpn wrote: »

Your right it is so frustrating, I feel sick now to. Have even considered coming off the boards for a while and just waiting and see if I get 'the call'! All this would drive you demented, never mind turning round now and saying to us on the phone today we don't know the future of C14!:mad: This whole process is a head melt! Especially for those of us watching these boards every day for some glimmer of hope!

integra1 wrote: »
    Your right it is so frustrating, I feel sick now to. Have even considered coming off the boards for a while and just waiting and see if I get 'the call'! All this would drive you demented, never mind turning round now and saying to us on the phone today we don't know the future of C14!:mad: This whole process is a head melt! Especialy for those of us watching these boards every day for some glimmer of hope!

Hope it works out for you mate;)

• Advertisement

lol thanks, needed to get that off my George Best!

lol thanks, needed to get that of my George Best!

Mate if you were told C14 dont look good it looks even worse for C15 dont it though i was told by external appointments C14 was ongoing and C15 was recruiting in feb 09 dont know what to think just like to know the truth:confused:

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Mate if you were told C14 dont look good it looks even worse for C15 dont it though i was told by external appointments C14 was ongoing and C15 was recruiting in feb 09 dont know what to think just like to know the truth:confused:

I don't know chum but the way it is looking C15 seems a long way off at this rate! :eek:

I don't know chum but the way it is looking C15 seems a long way off at this rate! :eek:

A lot has changed since friday when i was speaking to ex app but i hope C15 aint that far off;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Now everyone, calm down.
    Lots of you are in a strong position, you have great merit numbers and have had medicals.

My merit number was ok for a first attempt but prob not enough to get me in this campaign due to 50:50.

Have had vetting but no medical date.

So I was going to have to reapply the next time anyway and now we're not sure when that will be.

Not going ahead with C14 as normal would be an ginormous (its a word) waste of money and completely pointless.

I'm sure there are more than 440 who LEAVE the PSNI every year and they would have to keep recruiting even to maintain policing levels.
    They will make cuts elsewhere, I already know of TSG units being re-deployed as cost cutting measures.

We may even find that Nonsensia ( deliberate typo) get the boot and the PSNI go back to doing all of the recruitment process themselves, using independent agency to monitor the process rather than farm the whole thing out.

Also, with the dissident threat at its worst for four and a half years there it seems unlikely that the number of officers will be reduced.

We will have to wait and see but I dont think anyone in C14 with a medical and vetting pass at this point has too much to worry about.

As usual, due to the lack of FACT out there, and the ongoing reluctance to keep us informed we will just have to wait!!!! And we're experts at that by now surely.....:o

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Was talking to a person in external appointments cpn C14 is going as normal and they are recruiting again in feb 09 for C15 straight from the horses mouth mate hope that helps!!;)

I really hope that this is the case. The system is a bit ridiculous really, if you have reached the benchmark you should at least be told that you have done it and will be getting a job offer in x months.

All this uncertainty really does everyone's head in. Also, whatever they are going to do with c14 a bit of honesty would be a nice. We are all adults after all and most of us have made sacrafices for each campaign. You think they could at least give a straight answer.

Sorry about the ranting nature of this post...it makes me feel better:)

Your right it is so frustrating, I feel sick now to. Have even considered coming off the boards for a while and just waiting and see if I get 'the call'! All this would drive you demented, never mind turning round now and saying to us on the phone today we don't know the future of C14!:mad: This whole process is a head melt! Especially for those of us watching these boards every day for some glimmer of hope!

I completly agree with you.

Now everyone, calm down.
    Lots of you are in a strong position, you have great merit numbers and have had medicals.

My merit number was ok for a first attempt but prob not enough to get me in this campaign due to 50:50.

Have had vetting but no medical date.

So I was going to have to reapply the next time anyway and now we're not sure when that will be.

Not going ahead with C14 as normal would be an ginormous (its a word) waste of money and completely pointless.

I'm sure there are more than 440 who LEAVE the PSNI every year and they would have to keep recruiting even to maintain policing levels.
    They will make cuts elsewhere, I already know of TSG units being re-deployed as cost cutting measures.

We may even find that Nonsensia ( deliberate typo) get the boot and the PSNI go back to doing all of the recruitment process themselves, using independent agency to monitor the process rather than farm the whole thing out.

Also, with the dissident threat at its worst for four and a half years there it seems unlikely that the number of officers will be reduced.

We will have to wait and see but I dont think anyone in C14 with a medical and vetting pass at this point has too much to worry about.

As usual, due to the lack of FACT out there, and the ongoing reluctance to keep us informed we will just have to wait!!!! And we're experts at that by now surely.....:o

Thanks for that MGH ;);)

I wonder if there would be anything illegal about it if they did scrap the c14?? Any legal minds out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Oursole wrote: »
    I wonder if there would be anything illegal about it if they did scrap the c14?? Any legal minds out there?

I'd doubt there's any legal redress as no offers of employment have been made and no contracts signed.

• Advertisement

I'd doubt there's any legal redress as no offers of employment have been made and no contracts signed.

I talking more about the Patton agreement. An extension was signed until 2011. Surly there was some sort of conditions laid down with the well known 50:50 agreement i.e. amount to be recruited each year etc.

From the Patten Report

"124 The recruitment process should be reduced to no more than six months. [para. 15.12]"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Maura2145

im sure they can still cut numbers without doing away with 50;50
    ie: smaller intake or no intake atall can still be in compliance with the 50;50 process

dont think this will be the case though. As MGH has pointed out, if there are cuts to be made, im sure lessening police numbers are the last resort

ps: love the name oursole. you and penis eye shud be friends

Maura2145 wrote: »

Thanks.

Im just saying that if you implement a system of 50:50 recruitment for a limited period that has been agreed then you must recruit during that period or else it defeats the whole idea. Theres no point in having 50:50 for 3 years and not recruiting for 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Oursole wrote: »
    From the Patten Report

"124 The recruitment process should be reduced to no more than six months. [para. 15.12]"

that would be fantastic. 6 mths the wait would be over by now. we would be into C17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

yeah lol im stupid. nice name boss. yeah i agree. which is more the reason i reckon theyll get the funding.

True. know what your saying. But I guess whether they are legally obliged depends on the exact wording of the report. otherwise suspension could be an alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Maura2145 wrote: »

if me and oursole become friends im not doin the hokey cokey wit him. esp not the in, out, in out shake it all about bit

• Advertisement

:p

Advertisement