Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

nickni wrote: »
    i think i can safely say my merit score isnt high enough for december, even though i've passed everything lol theres always hoping though :D

whats it roughly. and your background?!?! RC or non-RC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Here's something that surprised me but happened to mention to a couple of people who are supposedly friends that i'm applying for PSNI and they completely lost it with me and then proceeded to take the p*ss the whole night...totally did not expect it :confused: Anyways maybe i'm naive.

lolli-j wrote: »
    Here's something that surprised me but happened to mention to a couple of people who are supposedly friends that i'm applying for PSNI and they completely lost it with me and then proceeded to take the p*ss the whole night...totally did not expect it :confused: Anyways maybe i'm naive.

**** em is what i say. if you get it say that you didnt get it and your in a dead end job. i told my best mate who went on to tell a few more people n i wasnt happy.

if i get it. i know my cover story. good thing being a computer genious. not so good with spelling of genious though.

smyff wrote: »
    **** em is what i say. if you get it say that you didnt get it and your in a dead end job. i told my best mate who went on to tell a few more people n i wasnt happy.

if i get it. i know my cover story. good thing being a computer genious. not so good with spelling of genious though.

kinda annoyed me though...awe well i'll get over it lol

you don't need to spell, the computer does it :eek: *genius* lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

whats it roughly. and your background?!?! RC or non-RC

250s non rc mate, wat you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I'd say you'll get in safely enough. When is another question entirely. You're in the same boat as the rest of us though. It all depends on Recruitment. You'll be in when they get to you on their list and we just gotta be patient.

I actually feel a little bit of sympathy for the guys working in Recruitment. I imagine they get frustrated with the process in the same way we do.

kinda annoyed me though...awe well i'll get over it lol

you don't need to spell, the computer does it :eek: *genius* lol

haha. i dunno how to use spellcheck here though. only on word n all. i know this is sad but have a duke :) my pride and joy and cover lol.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68/smyffalis/DSC00068.jpg

my phone seems to take **** pics these days

i think youve got probs one of the best chances as others will go on to say. there must be 10 non-RCs who will pull out or fail something at least. nice one mate. far better than mine any way lol.

[quote/]i think youve got probs one of the best chances as others will go on to say. there must be 10 non-RCs who will pull out or fail something at least. nice one mate. far better than mine any way lol.[/quote]

What is your merit and background mate, if your dont mind me asking?

carlty888 wrote: »
    I'd say you'll get in safely enough. When is another question entirely. You're in the same boat as the rest of us though. It all depends on Recruitment. You'll be in when they get to you on their list and we just gotta be patient.

I actually feel a little bit of sympathy for the guys working in Recruitment. I imagine they get frustrated with the process in the same way we do.

I know what your saying mate, they must get annoyed with people phoning up all the time, etc! I'm excited because i actually stand a good chance this time unlike my other 6 attempts lol

I know what your saying mate, they must get annoyed with people phoning up all the time, etc! I'm excited because i actually stand a good chance this time unlike my other 6 attempts lol

pm'ed. serious 6 times. thats mad that is cheif. i hope you do get it this time especially with a score like that!

• Advertisement

I think it's probably safe to say that you'll get in this time. There's bound to be more that 30 people ahead of you who fall into the RC bracket or fail vetting, medicals or SMT's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

haha. i dunno how to use spellcheck here though. only on word n all. i know this is sad but have a duke :) my pride and joy and cover lol.

Check you out with your fancy coffee cup! Puts my wee styrofoam cuppa tea to real shame!:pac:

Geek!! *jokes* my pride and joy at the minute is my shiny new car so i cant slag....but cant be takin a pic of that!!

i know this is sad but have a duke :) my pride and joy and cover lol.

Get that room tidied!!! :D

I have the same monitor. That's about it. I imagine my PC runs (nay crawls) a little slower though. :rolleyes:

Check you out with your fancy coffee cup! Puts my wee styrofoam cuppa tea to real shame!:pac:

haha we, i mean my dad, got an expensive coffee maker up in junction 1. and they gave us MUGS not cups lol. ten quid says its a tea bag in cup jobby? stinkin! haha.
    Get that room tidied!!! :D

I have the same monitor. That's about it. I imagine my PC runs (nay crawls) a little slower though. :rolleyes:

it is tidy lol. actually, nah its not. my bro is a mess. garlic football bags evreywhere. you mean the 19" LG?! or the philips dinky one lol. you must have a fast pc then lol. this is a godly machine! built it myself :D
    Geek!! *jokes* my pride and joy at the minute is my shiny new car so i cant slag....but cant be takin a pic of that!!

haha, me too. well its 05 and off a relative, but in mint conditiojn. its a dirty one now though, covered in bird doop. but i can still rake the bag outta her! up to 45 that is :)

it is tidy lol. actually, nah its not. my bro is a mess. garlic football bags evreywhere. you mean the 19" LG?! or the philips dinky one lol. you must have a fast pc then lol. this is a godly machine! built it myself :D

I've got the 19" LG.

I was saying that my PC would be slower than yours. It's pants!!!

yeah lol i just thought you meant it could keep up lol. give it a format or stick in a gig or 2 more ram and you should be sweet. unless your happy with a slow killer computer. the family one makes me want to die. its dire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

I take it thats a no on phone calls today :(

Oursole wrote: »
    I take it thats a no on phone calls today :(

None for the boardies anyway. :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Nope, apparently not - they just keep you hanging on, its a nightmare. There's still people out there with no resolution to C13.:rolleyes:

Yup that's me... and it's driving me insane!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

NumberC wrote: »

Not having closure one way or the other must be sooo frustrating.
    Why wont they just give you resolution?!

Are you in for C14?

NumberC wrote: »

You still hangin on buddy?! Can you not give recruitment a call and ask them what's going on? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

What other boardies are up for the December intake (ie. passed everything)?

Sor far it's the following;
    • bobbin88
    • carlty888
    • cpn
    • DownMTber
    • Inspector71
    • Maura2145
    • nickni
    • oursole
    Anyone else staring nervously at their phone for a call that may or may not come?

Its almost unreal how frustrating it gets! I have developed a nervous twitch, feeling my breast pocket every 2 seconds to see if my phone is vibrating! How long can they keep the torture up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

cpn wrote: »
    Its almost unreal how frustrating it gets! I have developed a nervous twitch, feeling my breast pocket every 2 seconds to see if my phone is vibrating! How long can they keep the torture up!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    i got a phonecall today
    YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE
    plumbers cming tomorrow to fix radiator:p
    and I am just waiting too

Is the December intake definately going ahead? They told me it was, but that was a few weeks ago. Things could possibly have changed since then. Does anyone have any contacts they could use to find out?

MORRI wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    i got a phonecall today
    YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEE
    plumbers cming tomorrow to fix radiator:p
    and I am just waiting too

That's not funny <grrrrrr>. :mad:

:D:D:D

Is the December intake definately going ahead? They told me it was, but that was a few weeks ago. Things could possibly have changed since then. Does anyone have any contacts they could use to find out?

i think its still early days chief!!! they only took in a loot, not lot, of people yesterday so theyre probs just getting ready for the next batch. batch processing. they wait until they have the full list of phone calls awaiting, then theyd ring them. because what if they werent ready, then itd be phone call here, there, here there, not all in single file which makes much more sense. and if theyre as busy as everyone says they are, theyve probs got a lot of stuff to deal with priority wise.

if you get it i think it might be a day or two lol. sadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fifty50

Hi,

I only found this forum last night and feel glad to share my frustrations and hopes with the rest of ya.

Called vetting / recruitment today. Unlike when I called a while back to get my merit number they didn't seem as pleased. I can understand - they're under p I'd say.

Anway they said they have no information about a potential freeze on recruitment.

I've passed all but vetting is still ongoing. Hopefully soon. They mentioned that the merit number is an overall numer and not based on community background. I'm in the top 100. Are they recruiting 220 or 440? I'm still a bit confused about this.

Hoping for the best!

Fifty50 wrote: »
    I've passed all but vetting is still ongoing. Hopefully soon. They mentioned that the merit number is an overall numer and not based on community background. I'm in the top 100. Are they recruiting 220 or 440? I'm still a bit confused about this.

Hoping for the best!
    they are taking on 440 altogether 220 RC 220 non RC
    so if you are in the top 100 you should be a dead cert

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Hi,

I only found this forum last night and feel glad to share my frustrations and hopes with the rest of ya.

Called vetting / recruitment today. Unlike when I called a while back to get my merit number they didn't seem as pleased. I can understand - they're under p I'd say.

Anway they said they have no information about a potential freeze on recruitment.

Hoping for the best!

They are taking 220 catholics and 220 non-catholics. That came straight from Recruitment when i rang them a few months ago for my merit number.

i think its still early days chief!!! they only took in a loot, not lot, of people yesterday so theyre probs just getting ready for the next batch. batch processing. they wait until they have the full list of phone calls awaiting, then theyd ring them. because what if they werent ready, then itd be phone call here, there, here there, not all in single file which makes much more sense. and if theyre as busy as everyone says they are, theyve probs got a lot of stuff to deal with priority wise.

if you get it i think it might be a day or two lol. sadly!

Yeah, you're probably right. The waiting's getting to me already. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

Yup, I'm all passed everything and waiting too. My phone is GLUED to me and there's major excitement in my office if it rings. I think they are just looking rid of me..... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the swift replies guys.

I always thought the merit number was based on community so I guess even better if it isn't.

Despite the number like everyone I'm bricking it. This is my fourth attempt and I thought I'd know by now. Squeeky bottom time is here!!

PandaPants wrote: »
    Yup, I'm all passed everything and waiting too. My phone is GLUED to me and there's major excitement in my office if it rings. I think they are just looking rid of me..... :rolleyes:
    I might need my eyes checked again , i thought you said "there's major excrement in my office":D

Speaking of which my stomach is churning - I might well need to...do the needful.

The process will look much like this :mad: :eek: :o:D :cool:

• Advertisement

Just back from my first road run in nearly a year.... saw my lunch again, wispa didn't taste so nice the second time round! Anyway WTF is it with folk putting their christmas trees up already!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Hoping for the best!

Welcome to the boards. :D

If you're under 100 on the merit list, then I'd say you're a cert to get in (assuming you pass the vetting). Congratulations.

should be smilie holding his nose to finish it off

Does anyone think it would be better if they did give you your merit number for your background?

Would give you a much better perception of how you stand.

Does anyone think it would be better if they did give you your merit number for your background?

Would give you a much better perception of how you stand.

I agree, plus if people have failed anything or made them aware that they are not interested then they should do an updated list. Post it on thier website. Merit listing with UID number beside it.

• Advertisement

Just back from my first road run in nearly a year.... saw my lunch again, wispa didn't taste so nice the second time round! Anyway WTF is it with folk putting their christmas trees up already!!!!!!!!

I had to talk my wife out of putting the tree up on Saturday. It's waaaaay too early for all that!

Sorry Morri but mine are non-lethal, set to stun not to kill.

I see what ya mean Carlty888 - it would let people know better.

Hope vetting goes well - I've got the dear John letter three times before so If I wasn't informed about a vetting issue then nothing has changed now.

All I want for Christmas is a better job!!

I agree, plus if people have failed anything or made them aware that they are not interested then they should do an updated list. Post it on thier website. Merit listing with UID number beside it.

That's way too sensible! :D

I'm just wondering if my merit has improved any but probably not.
    Theres so many improvements could be made to this whole process to benefit everyone.

So much of it doesnt make sense.

No need, christmas goes on for way tooooo long as it is.... i work partime in a major highstreet chemist's beauty hall, christmas started for me mid-september, am turning into a real Bah Humbug!:(

Theres so many improvements could be made to this whole process to benefit everyone.

They are sacraficing sensibility for over-sensitivity

Im afraid all I can offer is more hearsay and speculation. When I phoned up last week they said that calls would be going out this week. Now 10 of us are through vetting and have good merit numbers and no one got the call. I dont understand why they cant just give a straight answer.

Its all PC gone mad.

They make it so complicated when it doesnt need to be.
    I dont think they get that its so important to us and the lack of information is frustrating. Then they send you a letter saying dont call us but we still do cause they wont tell us anything!!!!

I saw a good one on the news the other morning. They were interviewing some astronaught and they asked him what the recruitment process was. He said, "you fill in an application form and do a series of tests over the course of 8 months and if you pass you get offered a place in the training programme."

Basically you can become an astronaught faster that joining the psni :)

Basically you can become an astronaught faster that joining the psni :)

Only in Norn Iron!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement