Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Fifty50

Seriously!?

I knew I should have applied to NASA.

As for the numbers changing I don't think we even get 'upgraded' as I was told today your number won't change.

The bureaucracy is frustrating but I guess we're coser now than even...which kinda makes sense seeing as we don't travel backwards through time...back in the real world yeah we'll get there - still people in recruitment must be knackered.

Maybe if they said 'for every phone call you make you drop 10 places' then they'd be in a very quiet offoce environment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Fifty50 wrote: »
    Seriously!?

I knew I should have applied to NASA.

As for the numbers changing I don't think we even get 'upgraded' as I was told today your number won't change.

The bureaucracy is frustrating but I guess we're coser now than even...which kinda makes sense seeing as we don't travel backwards through time...back in the real world yeah we'll get there - still people in recruitment must be knackered.

Maybe if they said 'for every phone call you make you drop 10 places' then they'd be in a very quiet offoce environment...

HA HA I like that one :) They would also have a much quieter office environment if they were more open about the whole thing and did not keep people hanging on.

The astronaught thing was true, it was on breakfast tv, they had a dude from the european space agency in. It gave me a laugh too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Only in Norn Iron!!!

would that be for NISA then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Penis Eye wrote: »

That would be the one Penis eye lol he he!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    That would be the one Penis eye lol he he!!!:D

glad we got that sorted. i reckon u could also applay to be an oap (and become one training and all) before u hear back frm recruitment

glad we got that sorted. i reckon u could also applay to be an oap (and become one training and all) before u hear back frm recruitment

I know it takes a long time too long its never just straight forward is it!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Not having closure one way or the other must be sooo frustrating.
    Why wont they just give you resolution?!

Are you in for C14?

I put in for it but unfortunately didn't pass the initial test, so all my eggs are in the one basket for Campaign 13. Ahh!! Though will definitely put in for C15 when it comes around.
    carlty888 wrote: »
    You still hangin on buddy?! Can you not give recruitment a call and ask them what's going on? :confused:

Yea, I gave them a call. They understood that I have been waiting for approximately 1 year 5 months since applying but explained that until the quota has been met no decision will be made. Though they did say they will tell me one way or the other, just not sure when.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 NumberC

Could I just ask - is anyone else in the same position as myself? Any C13'ers out there?

NumberC wrote: »
    I put in for it but unfortunately didn't pass the initial test, so all my eggs are in the one basket for Campaign 13. Ahh!! Though will definitely put in for C15 when it comes around.

Yea, I gave them a call. They understood that I have been waiting for approximately 1 year 5 months since applying but explained that until the quota has been met no decision will be made. Though they did say they will tell me one way or the other, just not sure when.

Hang on in there for C15:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

NumberC wrote: »

Man that it a rough wait!!! I don't envy your position at all.

There could be quite a few C13er's who have defered and that could be stalling your outcome. I know of someone who has defered, but may not actually take the place in Garnerville for personal reasons. If that person doesn't take the spot, it may be offered to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Let hope there's some news tomorrow, it's costing me a fortune checking the internet on my mobile every 5 mins when I'm stuck i van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Woohoo today might be the day....well not for me but for some one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

I just heard some concerning news. The xmas intake will have around 30 people from C13, the rest coming from C14. Recruitment will then stop and continue in April.

Oursole wrote: »
    I just heard some concerning news. The xmas intake will have around 30 people from C13, the rest coming from C14. Recruitment will then stop and continue in April.

Can I ask where you heard this news?

I know someone that works in Lisnasharragh.

• Advertisement

I know someone that works in Lisnasharragh.

I don't like the sound of that. Kinda makes the December call all the more important. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

Yeah I would like to know where this came from, why would they tell some people that recruitment is going ahead one week and then come out with this, I have spoken to a few roberts and they never heard anything like this, please quote sources when posting heart stoppers like this, my wife is getting fed up with picking me up off the floor

I don't like the sound of that. Kinda makes the December call all the more important. :(

I know, i cant see me bein in it, i think im just gna take off for a month. I just cant hack work at the min.

Then why yesterday was it continuing as usual according to recruitment?

lolli-j wrote: »
    Then why yesterday was it continuing as usual according to recruitment?

It is continuing as usual, until xmas. It was the last phonecall i wanted to get this morning, believe me.

• Advertisement

Oursole - I really hope your buddy in Lisnasharragh has the wrong end of the stick.

The NIPB aren't due to meet on this matter until the end of the week, so I wasn't expecting any changes to the recruitment process until after this meeting at the earliest.

Oursole - I really hope your buddy in Lisnasharragh has the wrong end of the stick.

The NIPB aren't due to meet on this matter until the end of the week to discuss this, so I wasn't expecting any changes to the recruitment process until after this meeting at the earliest.

I know that, sure i e-mailed the policing board and they told me that. Im just telling you what the person told me.

It is continuing as usual, until xmas. It was the last phonecall i wanted to get this morning, believe me.

I really hope he is wrong.

Having said that I'm now of to get my contract extended just in case :(

I know that, sure i e-mailed the policing board and they told me that. Im just telling you what the person told me.

Don't worry buddy. I know you're just passing on what you've been told. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Shocker!!!!! Not! Why would we be surprised folks? We should all know to expect the unexpected when it comes to this farcical process.... I shudder to think of the cack that the serving officers have to contend with if we have all this to deal with and we ain't even through the sodding doors yet!

OOOh I sound so bitter, like a right grumpy old arse!:p

OOOh I sound so bitter, like a right grumpy old arse!:p

Amen! :D:pac:

Its only a rumour, recruitment isnt based in Lisnaharragh lets hope "chinese whispers" is the reason behind it. I spoke to someone 2 mins ago who hasnt seen anything on policenet and he said "it wouldnt be the first time that a story spread through PSNI that wasnt true"
    Well lets hope so anyway..............

MORRI wrote: »
    Its only a rumour, recruitment isnt based in Lisnaharragh lets hope "chinese whispers" is the reason behind it. I spoke to someone 2 mins ago who hasnt seen anything on policenet and he said "it wouldnt be the first time that a story spread through PSNI that wasnt true"
    Well lets hope so anyway..............

I never said it was based in Lisnasharragh. I really hope your right, im sitting here waitin like everyone else. The only thing is that this person heard from the recruitment monitoring section (the section that looks after 50:50 etc) which is def based in Lisnasharragh.

I never said you said ..............lets all join hands and pray
    i see in some other threads people going for medicals over the next few weeks this makes me think/hope/pray that everything is going ahead as normal

Dont think they could justify spending money on medicals etc if it wasn't going ahead due to budget restrictions.....

• Advertisement

Dont think they could justify spending money on medicals etc if it wasn't going ahead due to budget restrictions.....

I know what your saying but theres nothing stoping them pausing it for awhile and continuing were they left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

right enough, was looking at it going wtf lol. funny boy haha

I know what your saying but theres nothing stoping them pausing it for awhile and continuing were they left off.

Oh i get that....what i mean if the cash shortage to so great why would they continue the recruitment process? Medicals etc are expensive, you would think they would put a stop on everything rather than just parts of it....awe well makes no sense....going snowboarding for the whole winter is looking ever closer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

This is NOT funny. I just had a phonecall from a withheld number. I was in a friggin meeting!! What was that you said about Sod's Law Carlty!?

I'm going to be a nervous wreck before I even get into PSNI! :mad:

False alarm! :( why would my own mobile phone company withold there number just to ask me if I want to upgrade the piece of sh*t they sent me originally!? Grrr do they have no idea what is going on this week? :eek:

lol

Oh i get that....what i mean if the cash shortage to so great why would they continue the recruitment process? Medicals etc are expensive, you would think they would put a stop on everything rather than just parts of it....awe well makes no sense....going snowboarding for the whole winter is looking ever closer lol

Well the way i see it, and i might be wrong, is that they are using theyre own OHW department which gets paid all year round anyway. So thats budgeted already. However when new officers start training they have to be kitted out. Boots, uniforms, hats and helmets, gun belt, gun, ammo, hand cuffs, baton, cs spray etc etc. That in my eyes would be the most expensive part of recruiting, so pausing that for awhile would save on the money.

Well the way i see it, and i might be wrong, is that they are using theyre own OHW department which gets paid all year round anyway. So thats budgeted already. However when new officers start training they have to be kitted out. Boots, uniforms, hats and helmets, gun belt, gun, ammo, hand cuffs, baton, cs spray etc etc. That in my eyes would be the most expensive part of recruiting, so pausing that for awhile would save on the money.

Hmmmm awe who knows really....thanks for keeping us updated though :)

DownMTBer wrote: »
    False alarm! :( why would my own mobile phone company withold there number just to ask me if I want to upgrade the piece of sh*t they sent me originally!? Grrr do they have no idea what is going on this week? :eek:

lol

haha. see if i was waiting for the call id be lucky. the only person who rings me withheld is a fat girl, who i told to eff aff so now ive none :D so id more than likely know. the only person who rings me is my best mate lol. and my dad to melt my face "have you been out running today. (NO) you know if you dont youll never be fit enough,..." or "have you been out running today. (YES) you see, if you keep running youll be fit enough,..." and continue on and on and on.

I agree with you but there are a few other factors that need to be considered. OHW may get paid anyway but the drug testing is extra, (i think i read somewhere £100 each) boots etc are all in stores and fair enough if they use them they have to be replaced but the idea of cutting 3 squads would mean staff at Garnerville running out of students you would have a load of Cons and Sgts on (depending on service etc) as much as £50000pa (I know at least 1 Con who earns more than this!)for hanging about for a couple of months with not a lot to do. they could try and redeploy them but there are strict rules for this and by the time they sorted it out with the federation it would be April anyway. The most expensive part in my view is paying recruits but at least this is productive. 60 recruits for 5 months @ £10000 each = £600000 is justifiable but staff, even though a much smaller number, getting paid a much higher rate with no end product would be inexcusable and quite hard to explain to the policing board. Add to this the targets for 50:50 and the fact that 500 RCs left PSNI last year makes me think that a freeze would make the targets even further away and add to the cost of future campaigns that are expected to be based on merit only.
    this is all just my opinion but I hope it goes a little towards calming a few nerves.

• Advertisement

That sounds like an awsome idea! We should all just jack in our jobs and bugger off snowboarding! love it :D now go and buy me a ticket too lolli-j cos I am boracic :(

Has anyone thought to give Recruitment or External Appointments a call to ask?

I've probably pestered them enough over the last few months. :pac:

Has anyone thought to give Recruitment or External Appointments a call to ask?

I've probably pestered them enough over the last few months. :pac:
    It's funny you should ask, we all had a vote and decided you should do it!

MORRI wrote: »
    It's funny you should ask, we all had a vote and decided you should do it!

Haha. You're funny. :)

I've pestered them enough. Someone elses turn. :D

I dont think there is any point

Haha. You're funny. :)

I've pestered them enough. Someone elses turn. :D

But... but... ur our appointed boardie contact person! :eek:

you have to do it :D;)

• Advertisement

That sounds like an awsome idea! We should all just jack in our jobs and bugger off snowboarding! love it :D now go and buy me a ticket too lolli-j cos I am boracic :(

oh how i love sarcasm :rolleyes:

oh how i love sarcasm :rolleyes:

The worrying thing is i wasn't being sarcastic!

It really does sound like a top quality idea :D

A snow-bordie (see what I did there!? :p) winter trip would be a quality laugh i'd say! :)

The worrying thing is i wasn't being sarcastic!

It really does sound like a top quality idea :D

A snow-bordie (see what I did there!? :p) winter trip would be a quality laugh i'd say! :)

Oh deary me!! The stress must be getting to you if you're coming off with stuff like that :P

Anyone called recruitment yet....anyone??

Oh deary me!! The stress must be getting to you if you're coming off with stuff like that :P

Anyone called recruitment yet....anyone??

i did. they said that your a goat. they read the forums and theyre onto you. uh oh!

smyff wrote: »
    i did. they said that your a goat. they read the forums and theyre onto you. uh oh!

dont say such a thing....goats scare me :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement