Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Completely random but after all this stress drove me to KFC for my lunch (good excuse as any really :D) I was standing in the queue behind two guys who were discussing how to find out whats going on with intakes....can't escape board talk!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

lolli-j wrote: »
    Completely random but after all this stress drove me to KFC for my lunch (good excuse as any really :D) I was standing in the queue behind two guys who were discussing how to find out whats going on with intakes....can't escape board talk!!!

Was it the one in Shaftsbury Square?

nope near jordanstown

nope near jordanstown

Do you feel bad for eating it now?

carlty888 wrote: »

Do you feel bad for eating it now?

well.....it was rather nice....plus i'll hit the gym later to feel better about it :D

What would make me feel really better would be a nice little phone call from a with-held number!!

• Advertisement

well.....it was rather nice....plus i'll hit the gym later to feel better about it :D

What would make me feel really better would be a nice little phone call from a with-held number!!

Amen to that.

PSNI - LET ME IN!!!!!

Amen to that.

PSNI - LET ME IN!!!!!

Now what would you do if right after posting that you got a phone call??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Wonder who will be one of the first boardies to get 'the call'? That will be an exciting day on here :D:D Lolli-J, i think you'll be one of the first ones for sure :)

Now what would you do if right after posting that you got a phone call??

Well...... The first thing I'd do is freak out the caller. Then I'd probably go into a state of shock. Once I'd finally snapped back into reality, I'd be printing off my resignation letter. :D

squirrel81 wrote: »
    Wonder who will be one of the first boardies to get 'the call'? That will be an exciting day on here :D:D Lolli-J, i think you'll be one of the first ones for sure :)

Gaz1234 and Newboy19 have already had the call for November. Lucky sods. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

oh the resignation letter ****squirrel floats off into dreamlike state**** :P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Im sorry if im a tad bit slow on the uptake but i was expecting a letter telling me i was in. Is that not the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Without giving too much away...what do people work at, at the minute.

I work in Social Services....for my sins!!!

Oursole wrote: »
    Im sorry if im a tad bit slow on the uptake but i was expecting a letter telling me i was in. Is that not the case?

They will try to phone you first, but don't worry if you miss the call. An information pack is sent out too.

squirrel81 wrote: »

It would be nice if I did but my November is turning out quite sucky so far :mad:

I'd love to do a really dramatic resignation!

surfrunner wrote: »

Silly Service. Hence my constant presence on the boards. :D

UUJ....hence the constant posting!

Who here has passed vetting?

Silly Service. Hence my constant presence on the boards. :D

Pretending to input all that important information but secretly checking the board every 2 mins......having it constantly minimised on your task bar.......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

I work for the Roads Service.

I have passed the Vetting

• Advertisement

too afraid to ask

imstill waiting on result of med and vetting

Vetting posted about 3 weeks ago
    Med last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

NHS, an establishment not far from Shaftsbury square KFC! I am obviously not involved in the saving of lives though! Staving off boredom more like...... let me in psni, i neeeeeeeeeddddddddddd a new job before i wither away and die of extreme mind-numbing boredom!:eek:

Haven't heard about vetting yet, posted off forms in early Sept....too scared to ask after my call last week to be nosey about a potential med date (none for me *sob*)!

Pretending to input all that important information but secretly checking the board every 2 mins......having it constantly minimised on your task bar.......;)

** looks round to make sure surfrunner isnt looking over my shoulder** :P

Im an charity administrator. It...is v e r y dull :(

NHS, an establishment not far from Shaftsbury square KFC! I am obviously not involved in the saving of lives though! Staving off boredom more like...... let me in psni, i neeeeeeeeeddddddddddd a new job before i wither away and die of extreme mind-numbing boredom!:eek:

I know that place....not too far from there myself.

Haven't heard about vetting yet, posted off forms in early Sept....too scared to ask after my call last week to be nosey about a potential med date (none for me *sob*)!

LET ME IN before KFC makes me too fat to get in!!!

You seem to know the drill! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

I know that place....not too far from there myself.

Not too far from my place of work/torture or the place of extreme boredom?!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

I have.

Bit of a delay with my medical results though. Should arrive in the post tomorrow!

• Advertisement

ive been trying to check up on my vetting today, but there has been no answer. They probably have one of the phones that flashes red and sirens when certain people are calling through. Like the one Father Jack's doctor has :P

Advertisement