Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

i tried to ask my Dad, but then he was never in the police and died in 1998:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

MORRI wrote: »
    i tried to ask my Dad, but then he was never in the police and died in 1998:(

:eek: well that just makes me feel a bit crappy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

unlucky mannnn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭bobbin88

Well I rang this morning and was told that from the new year,there will be a "slight delay" on all other intakes, so after December there won't be another intake until this delay is undelayed as such. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

Looks like what oursole heard is right :(

• Advertisement

squirrel81 wrote: »
    Looks like what Morri heard is right :(
    What did I hear? I think you mean Oursole

oops, Morri, don't know where that came from, sorry :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

bobbin88 wrote: »
    Well I rang this morning and was told that from the new year,there will be a "slight delay" on all other intakes, so after December there won't be another intake until this delay is undelayed as such. :(

Did they say when the december intake would find out?

bobbin88 wrote: »

seriously?! well i guess 'slight delay' is better than 'stop'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

Yea it gonna be in april, new financial year. They still have about 30 C13 recruits to go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Oursole wrote: »
    Yea it gonna be in april, new financial year. They still have about 30 C13 recruits to go in.

Bollox!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

If i hear anymore i will def post. Its gutting. Its a joke of a process

carlty888 wrote: »
    Bollox!!!!!!!!! :mad:

FFS!:mad: This is getting beyond a joke. 1 week everything is fine, the next week there will be a delay. What is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

HEY GUYS.
    NEW ON HERE. RC, MERIT NUMBER CIRCA 400, ALL HURDLES PASSED EXCEPT THE ''ONGOING'' VETTING AND TOTALLY FRUSTRATED LIKE YOU ALL. FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, I JUST GOT A TEXT SAYING THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN THE IRISH NEWS YESTERDAY SAYING THE GOVERNMENTS WERE ON THE VERGE OF A DEAL TO PUMP MORE MONEY INTO THE CIVIL SERVICE AND PSNI. DIDN'T SEE IT YET MYSELF....MAYBE SOMEONE COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON IT... PROBABLY NOTHING:confused::confused::confused:

If this is the case it is inexcusable and the result of giving police officers who are not accountants the responsibility for budgets. They try every year to work within a budget without considering that if they underspend their budget for the following year will be even smaller. at leat now the executive is supposed to be meeting again it will be interesting to see with policing being devolved if OUR government will stump up the shortfall for policing OUR community or if they try to hide behind another imaginary smoke screen.

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    HEY GUYS.
    NEW ON HERE. RC, MERIT NUMBER CIRCA 400, ALL HURDLES PASSED EXCEPT THE ''ONGOING'' VETTING AND TOTALLY FRUSTRATED LIKE YOU ALL. FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH, I JUST GOT A TEXT SAYING THERE WAS AN ARTICLE IN THE IRISH NEWS YESTERDAY SAYING THE GOVERNMENTS WERE ON THE VERGE OF A DEAL TO PUMP MORE MONEY INTO THE CIVIL SERVICE AND PSNI. DIDN'T SEE IT YET MYSELF....MAYBE SOMEONE COULD GET THEIR HANDS ON IT... PROBABLY NOTHING:confused::confused::confused:
    i am in the same position as you, RC 400ish and all i could find on the interweb was this
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/ireland/psni-unsolved-murders-team-to-get-extra-funding-14068547.html

but it only refers to the Historical enquiries team:confused:

If this is the case it is inexcusable and the result of giving police officers who are not accountants the responsibility for budgets. They try every year to work within a budget without considering that if they underspend their budget for the following year will be even smaller. at leat now the executive is supposed to be meeting again it will be interesting to see with policing being devolved if OUR government will stump up the shortfall for policing OUR community or if they try to hide behind another imaginary smoke screen.

Its classic goverment behaviour. In business if you completly blow your budget there are severe consequences, you will probably loose your job and at worst the entire company could go under.

In government they just spend spend spend and then start crying when all the money is gone. Unfortunatly its us poor sods standng just outside the gate who will suffer.

Im seriously considering looking accross the water because my mate has just been employed by Strathclyde police. Its a shame you get f**ked about so much for wanting to serve your own community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

TOWNBOSS wrote: »
    HEY GUYS.

Hey TownBoss

I know you are new here but posting with caps on is the equivalent of shouting on the internet. It also makes it a little difficult to read too. Please post without the caps on

Thanks

TheNog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TOWNBOSS

TheNog wrote: »
    Hey TownBoss

I know you are new here but posting with caps on is the equivalent of shouting on the internet. It also makes it a little difficult to read too. Please post without the caps on

Thanks

TheNog

Sorry Nog!!!
    New to this. Lazy habit i have. Won't happen again. :o:o:o

You're all coming on the chrimbo nite out right?

Come now sing with me, proper chrimbo.....put up your christmas tree, proper chrimbo, selecta!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I might have to make an appearence just to see if the rumours about your hotness are true ;)

In a complete non-hitting on you way....oh i'm going to be quiet now....too much caffeine!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

lolli-j wrote: »
    I might have to make an appearence just to see if the rumours about your hotness are true ;)

In a complete non-hitting on you way....oh i'm going to be quiet now....too much caffeine!!

Damn I was about to say I would DEFINATELY be there then :D

Hehe sorry... i'm way too bored at work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

Bit confused now, so much in circulation. Is it the case then that C14ers are more or less looking at april for the first intakes?? Is there now funding available?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

They're not!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

MGH don't be sooo modest!:D

MGH don't be sooo modest!:D

Um, I've seen your pictures chick and you are waaaaayyyy hotter than me! ( Lovely wedding by the way you looked gorgeous!)

They're not!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll not put in an appearance then *sniff* :(

Also integra1 this might mean extra funding will appear, not really a good reason though: http://www.irishnews.com/break.asp?tbrk=brk&par=brk&catid=5834&subcatid=642&storyid=387004

would be kind of funny if martin McGuinness got extra funding for PSNI, kinda like a cow opening a Burger King

would be kind of funny if martin McGuinness got extra funding for PSNI, kinda like a cow opening a Burger King

:D oh the irony. Very good Morri :P

Why thank you MGH, but that was donkeys ago, was a skinny minnie ... now, well, you know what they say about girls letting themselves go once they are married!!!!! Out went the leg waxing and the facials, husband cannot complain though as it saves him money!!!:pac:

• Advertisement

Out went the leg waxing and the facials:pac:
    no comment..............

no comment..............

your very obviously a man.....:p

your very obviously a man.....:p
    they all say that, its the way i walk in the high heels, just cant get used to them...........;)

they all say that, its the way i walk in the high heels, just cant get used to them...........;)

"Its like jell-o on springs!!!"

name that movie!

"Its like jell-o on springs!!!"

name that movie!

possibly 'Some like it Hot' ?? I'm maybe wrong...:o

Lol that feels like one of those things u laugh at then wonder if you should laughing... lol

And Squirrell, did I read ur location right? Does it say ur in a travel motel in Norwich? :D

• Advertisement

no comment..............

See the leg waxing part catches me! God bless the man who invented leg wax... but god bless women for ironicall having the balls to use the stuff :eek: *ouch*

I used to shave mine... but that's a whole other conversation ;)

SLIH025cSugarJello.JPG
    That's me that is!
    image from Some like it Hot, Lolli-j make sure you get your prize

You win! BIG GOLD STAR!

SLIH025cSugarJello.JPG
    That's me that is!
    image from Some like it Hot, Lolli-j make sure you get your prize

woohoo a prize for me :D

You win! BIG GOLD STAR!
    OUCH:D:D:D

• Advertisement

DownMTBer wrote: »
    See the leg waxing part catches me! God bless the man who invented leg wax... but god bless women for ironicall having the balls to use the stuff :eek: *ouch*

I used to shave mine... but that's a whole other conversation ;)

Its not the legs you have to worry about its other areas.
    Mind you, 2 brufen an hour beforehand works wonders.

You win! BIG GOLD STAR!

:D:D i'm a geek!

one of the best films ever made... Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn, all legends!

Anyone see Tony on Jonathan Ross? Hasn't aged very well, maybe that's happens to men who wear high heels?:D

really?? didnt know that, could've saved me a whole world of hurt if i had!

you read right downMTber, textbook. :D Can't beat a bit of the Partridge.
    Some Like it Hot... my favourite film ever

explain that on your SMT form and as for the big gold star I always wanted one of them but the doctor said it would be weeks before i could sit properly so i never bothered

one of the best films ever made... Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and Marilyn, all legends!

Anyone see Tony on Jonathan Ross? Hasn't aged very well, maybe that's happens to men who wear high heels?:D

Too much botox!!!

OMG really bad flashbacks of a charity event which saw me dressed as a woman, high heals, dress, huge boobs and a blonde wig... :eek:

The first ever Miss Homerton College competition that involved a little bit too much cross dressing and boys making very poor attempts at shooting netballs into nets!

Ending rather messily with a free case of beer each and a yard of lager that really did not go down too well by the end of the night!

I only wear mine in bed now, headboards ruined:o

really?? didnt know that, could've saved me a whole world of hurt if i had!

Yeesh *blushes* MGH and Lolli-J... images...

*runs back to the tamer Mangina thread*

• Advertisement
Advertisement