Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

squirrel81 wrote: »
    you read right downMTber, textbook. :D Can't beat a bit of the Partridge.
    Some Like it Hot... my favourite film ever

Now what are you doing in a motel!? You know they just tightened up the laws on that right!?? hehe joking (before I get beaten up)!! :D

10 things I hate about you is... sadly... one of my favourite films...

*hides in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

lolli-j wrote: »
    really?? didnt know that, could've saved me a whole world of hurt if i had!

And mid cycle as well, too close either side and your pain threshold is lowered apparently.

I'm a mine of useless information!!:o

DownMTBer wrote: »
    Yeesh *blushes* MGH and Lolli-J... images...

*runs back to the tamer Mangina thread*

Chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

And mid cycle as well, too close either side and your pain threshold is lowered apparently.

I'm a mine of useless information!!:o

no more screaming and tears for me :D thanks MGH:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

no more screaming and tears for me :D thanks MGH:D
    in the words of Dean Martin " Let it grow let it grow let it grow!"

MORRI wrote: »

in the words of me "No, no, no!"

EEEWWWWWWW.

No No No

The seventies called. It wants its muff back.

YUCK.

by Muff i hope you mean the small town in Donegal that i am in every week. It is a nice place though i am usually just in and out sometimes twice a day. wouldn't want to stay in it too long. Got soaked in it about a fortnight ago, might not go back

Let it grow!!?!?!!?!?!!?!

In the words of me...

You can bite on my friggin arm if it helps with the pain!! I won't mind... It'll be worth it!!:D

• Advertisement

by Muff i hope you mean the small town in Donegal that i am in every week. It is a nice place though i am usually just in and out sometimes twice a day. wouldn't want to stay in it too long. Got soaked in it about a fortnight ago, might not go back

I find it dry in the summer and tbh the farmers are very efficient, they keep all the bushes very tidy there.

Although they are sometime to strict about one way streets there.

Such a small place tho... I wonder sometimes how they find room for so many people at once.

I find it dry in the summer and tbh the farmers are very efficient, they keep all the bushes very tidy there.

Although they are sometime to strict about one way streets there.

Such a small place tho... I wonder sometimes how they find room for so many people at once.
    Sometimes the main street can be busy but i know a back road

Sometimes the main street can be busy but i know a back road

I heard that wasn't very well travelled tho? Maybe quite a squeeze? I have a pretty large car :D

LOL omg sorry

So.Many.Innuendoes.Head.Might.Explode.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I had a friend who wanted to open a diving school and have it based there.

I heard that wasn't very well travelled tho? Maybe quite a squeeze? I have a pretty large car :D

LOL omg sorry

Size isnt everything.

Oh who am I kidding.

Size matters!!!!:p

• Advertisement

So.Many.Innuendoes.Head.Might.Explode.:eek:

there's an innuendo in itself :eek:

there's an innuendo in itself :eek:

LOL

You're worse than me!!!

LOL

You're worse than me!!!

blame the caffeine...i'll be back to quietness tomorrow :o

LOL

You're worse than me!!!

OMG she actually is! :eek:

Ur both like my female heroes... hmm should that be heroins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Ooooh it's quiet in here tonight! Where are all the comedians from this afternoon?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Ooooh it's quiet in here tonight! Where are all the comedians from this afternoon?:p

All gone to bed!!!;)

What? I was on all day yesterday, and i missed the bloody comedians, thanks for telling me about them

I know... i didn't see any either!

Only me trying to be funny

Lolli-J hyper cos its nearly her 49th Birthday sometime between now and next week.

And MGH being lost for words at innuendo :eek::D;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7739435.stm

More PSNI money not going into recruitment, it just gets worse.

Lets not panic until after they meet

the policing board meets today to discuss the PSNI budget, so hopefully more info available on the news tonight

you would have thought insurance would cover that sort of thing........

Lets not panic until after they meet
    No lets panic and run amok in the streets!! anyone for a bit of amoking?

the policing board meets today to discuss the PSNI budget, so hopefully more info available on the news tonight

RUC/PSNI/Civil Service etc always panic about budgets then they pull the money from somewhere, although it's irritating there is no point in worrying until there is a definate stop put on recruitment.

I still think amoking is the way forward

• Advertisement

it would be much more fun...

Seriously though, I think some of you more experienced members shouldstart a "useful links" thread to post news items info to stop them getting buried under all the filth.
    (No jokes about "members" experienced or otherwise, PLEASE)

Seriously though, I think some of you more experienced members shouldstart a "useful links" thread to post news items info to stop them getting buried under all the filth.
    (No jokes about "members" experienced or otherwise, PLEASE)

Good idea! Agree with that...could ease alot of panic

Ok off you go then, good idea if peops dont reply to the messages in that thread but discuss them in others, save a lot of time that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I like the amoking idea. :pac:

Ok off you go then, good idea if peops dont reply to the messages in that thread but discuss them in others, save a lot of time that way

i'm not experienced enough...MGH? Carlty? :D

how about just inventing a thread where all the innuendo and jokes can be put instead, so i don't have to trawl through them to find anything in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

I agree, come on here to mainly talk about recruitment (sorry to be a bore) lol

how about just inventing a thread where all the innuendo and jokes can be put instead, so i don't have to trawl through them to find anything in here?

That wasn't innuendo on my part....was a genuine answer, i think there should be a thread with links to relevant news etc just to clear that up.

I was merely suggesting names of those boardies who would probably be more experienced to weed out what is relevant news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

it says police in NI, not the PSNI and the bits about the RUC and all that. it really shouldnt come out of the PSNI budget. thats just plain stupid.

smyff wrote: »
    it says police in NI, not the PSNI and the bits about the RUC and all that. it really shouldnt come out of the PSNI budget. thats just plain stupid.

Having worked in the department that deals with such matters, I greatly doubt that it will come out of the PSNI budget.

That wasn't innuendo on my part....was a genuine answer, i think there should be a thread with links to relevant news etc just to clear that up.

I was merely suggesting names of those boardies who would probably be more experienced to weed out what is relevant news.

I'm not pointing the finger at you, I'm refering generally to all the rubbish that gets posted in here that is of absolutely no relevance to being in 'the waiting room'. I'm not trying to irritate anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

I'm not pointing the finger at you, I'm refering generally to all the rubbish that gets posted in here that is of absolutely no relevance to being in 'the waiting room'. I'm not trying to irritate anyone

That "rubbish" being posted is generally known as a bit of craic? The waiting room is here for us to vent frustrations, offer support (by means of a bit of banter or whatever) or offer new information... you can't say that some postings are of absolutely no relevance, that's a bit of an insult to the folk who have posted them!

That "rubbish" being posted is generally known as a bit of craic? The waiting room is here for us to vent frustrations, offer support (by means of a bit of banter or whatever) or offer new information... you can't say that some postings are of absolutely no relevance, that's a bit of an insult to the folk who have posted them!
    to be honest a lot of mine aren't exactly relevant and could be considered as rubbish but it is nice to have someone to have a bit of craic with, it saves me lifting my phone checking the battery and signal are ok and lets me know I am not the only eejit out there. I can understand how someone trying to find something out could get frustrated reading through all that. Now i am just adding more to the "all that" so I am very sorry:(

In my opinion some postings are of no relevance, it's not an insult to anyone to say that.
    Just look back over the last 10 pages

• Advertisement

who emailed the policing board? I was just wondering whether it was today or tomorrow they are meeting...maybe we'll have a better idea of whats going on after that

who emailed the policing board? I was just wondering whether it was today or tomorrow they are meeting...maybe we'll have a better idea of whats going on after that
    meeting today I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

I emailed them and they told me they are meeting tomorrow but according to the news today they are meeting to discuss the budget today.

to be honest a lot of mine aren't exactly relevant and could be considered as rubbish but it is nice to have someone to have a bit of craic with, it saves me lifting my phone checking the battery and signal are ok and lets me know I am not the only eejit out there. I can understand how someone trying to find something out could get frustrated reading through all that. Now i am just adding more to the "all that" so I am very sorry:(
    however, that is the way forums are. Thats what the charter says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

In my opinion some postings are of no relevance, it's not an insult to anyone to say that.
    Just look back over the last 10 pages

i second that. no one wants to log into threads about medicals or waiting rooms and listen to what folk would do to mgh. create a new thread or put it in the mangina thread. or better yet, pm ppl

• Advertisement
Advertisement