Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

I thought they were meeting on the 21st to be honest.

But who knows?

And to be honest... I was new to the board only a few weeks ago, and it was the good craic that made me read on. There's only so much interesting info one can wade through.

But I agree sometimes it goes to far. Off topic posts keep a thread alive... too many is bad tho.

Damn this fence is hurting my ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭lolli-j

Oursole wrote: »
    I emailed them and they told me they are meeting tomorrow but according to the news today they are meeting to discuss the budget today.

think it is the Executive that are meeting today to discuss more on the terms of devolving of policing and justice after the meeting on tuesday...but then that will in turn involve the budget too. Hopefully there will be some movement. At this point confirmation either way would be good

lolli-j wrote: »
    think it is the Executive that are meeting today to discuss more on the terms of devolving of policing and justice after the meeting on tuesday...but then that will in turn involve the budget too. Hopefully there will be some movement. At this point confirmation either way would be good

I agree Lolli-J, I'm near certain the policing board said they were meeting on the 21st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Oursole

lolli-j wrote: »

They told me in an email it was fri 21st but according to the news on the BBC website and on the radio they are meeting today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7739435.stm

"The Policing Board is to meet on Thursday to discuss the PSNI's budget."

They told me in an email it was fri 21st but according to the news on the BBC website and on the radio they are meeting today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7739435.stm

"The Policing Board is to meet on Thursday to discuss the PSNI's budget."

Great thanks, I was assuming they were talking about that as a separate issue. Blonde moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MORRI

it must be some sort of "emergency meeting"
    I copied this text from their homepage
    NEXT BOARD MEETING: Thursday 4 December 2008

MORRI wrote: »
    it must be some sort of "emergency meeting"
    I copied this text from their homepage
    NEXT BOARD MEETING: Thursday 4 December 2008

Yea it is. The board are legally obliged to meet 8 times a year, anything else is normally when something like this comes up.

from NIPB website
    Chairman welcomes announcement by the First and Deputy First Ministers.

Wed 19 Nov 2008
    desmond_rea_thumb_1.jpg
    The Chairman of the Northern Ireland Policing Board has welcomed today’s announcement by the First and Deputy First Ministers.
    Professor Sir Desmond Rea said:
    “This is welcome news, and I have no doubt that there will be a sense of relief right across the community that the political deadlock of the last number of months has been worked through and resolved.
    The people of Northern Ireland want to see the Executive fully functioning and working on behalf of all of the people on the issues that affect everyday lives. The future devolution of policing and justice forms a key part of that, and the process put in place today to facilitate this is to be welcomed. The Board looks forward to working with the Assembly and Executive Review Committee in respect of this.
    As a Board, we remain committed to securing the resources necessary for the delivery of an effective and efficient policing service and in continuing to deliver independent policing oversight and accountability.”
    Ends
    For further information please contact the Northern Ireland Policing Board Press Office on 07801738795

Looks hopeful at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

In my opinion some postings are of no relevance, it's not an insult to anyone to say that.
    Just look back over the last 10 pages

i know where youre coming from lol. 10 pages and you find theres no reply. it is best kept to the dedicated yite talk threads! i know i am guilty aswell

Its not looking too hopeful for phoncalls this week tho :confused:

• Advertisement

DownMTBer wrote: »
    :eek:could Mr Negative stand in the corner til he finds his happy face!
    looks like you are right though;)

:eek:could Mr Negative stand in the corner til he finds his happy face!
    looks like you are right though;)

:) Can I come out of the corner now Mr Morri??

And yeah it does doesn't it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

DownMTBer wrote: »

ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

PandaPants wrote: »
    ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

I have now resigned myself to being stuck behind a desk for another 6 months. :mad::(

carlty888 wrote: »
    I have now resigned myself to being stuck behind a desk for another 6 months. :mad::(

Here here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Try about 2 years!!!
    I'll have to reapply for C15, when and if, then go through this all again....:(

I posted this a while back in the links thread. All links like this to news and info should be posted there for ease of access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭squirrel81

yeah oursole, here's hoping!! :)

• Advertisement

I posted this a while back in the links thread. All links like this to news and info should be posted there for ease of access.

While the "links thread" is a great idea for storing the links for quick access, I still think they should be posted on the relevant threads too. :D

It certainly seems positive. :D

Sir Hugh Orde said that the "plan at the minute is to take the pressure everywhere but from recruiting". Does this mean that the next intakes will go ahead as planned? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

Same here. A throughly depressing prospect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

cpn wrote: »
    Same here. A throughly depressing prospect

and same here! no!!!!!:(

Ill try and see if i can get more information out of my "informer" tomorrow. Lol. Althought i dont think they will have anymore answers until they can actually get the funding from the NIO. They still havnt agreed to it remember.

Fingers crossed people.:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Ill try and see if i can get more information out of my "informer" tomorrow. Lol. Althought i dont think they will have anymore answers until they can actually get the funding from the NIO. They still havnt agreed to it remember.

Fingers crossed people.:D:D:D:D:D

heard on the news tonite that mr Dodds has postponed water rates for another year and Gordie Brown has given him 100 million(which was nice of him) cant Mr Orde tap Mr Dodds for the money he needs?? Ps please feel to correct me if the above is nonsense!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    heard on the news tonite that mr Dodds has postponed water rates for another year and Gordie Brown has given him 100 million(which was nice of him) cant Mr Orde tap Mr Dodds for the money he needs?? Ps please feel to correct me if the above is nonsense!!!!:D

Doesn't seem nonsense to me... and i have a few informers too so I'll see what i can ascertain :)

i think they call them CHIS now rather than informers probably to do with Human Rights!
    i dont think Hugh can tap Doddsy. He has to tap the NIO, he should start off at £50m and let them talk him downthen everyone walks away thinking "Tosser!"

Hope the NIO are willing to cough up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

from what i can make of the news it's pretty bad for the support staff, and a reprieve for us.
    £400,000 for a stupid ball on the broadways roundabout!?!??!?!?!?!?
    Couldn't they just buy the PSNI a Robocop?
    robocop

Nah it cant come from Dodds, sure thats what the whole 5 month delay was all about at stormont. Policing and Justice powers havnt been devolved, the executive has no say in the matter.

• Advertisement

did anyone ever expect to be so grateful to Ian Paisley Jr MLA? Well, I didn't but now I could kiss him! Not on the lips though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

This whole deficit of money is a load of tosh, I know here in my work (NHS) we are always restricted about this time of year on how much paper (currently we are banned from printing on new paper unless it is leaving the dept! no that i am blase about saving trees or anything, but come on!) and ink cartridges etc we are allowed to order in, then in the last 2 weeks in March we have our hyperactive managers running about trying to spend thousands upon thousands on crap that we have no need for (one year it was fake plants in one dept!!!!!) or we will lose the underspend out of the next year's budget.... this year I think we aren't even allowed to have an extended lunchtime for a wee xmas party (not as you'd think, it's just pizza and pop!) times are bad!!!!:confused:

Oh boo hoo for the NHS not getting their big lunch break. last year where I work everyone went out to the pub one friday for a feed and a drink at the bosses expense, everyone except ME! I had to do "very important customer servicing" in Donegal. You will see how strapped the peelers are if there is no big anti drink driving campaign this year that uses up a lot of extra cash, I think

They're alway threatening staff cuts due to budget here, but its always just a load of crap!

Oh boo hoo for the NHS not getting their big lunch break. last year where I work everyone went out to the pub one friday for a feed and a drink at the bosses expense, everyone except ME! I had to do "very important customer servicing" in Donegal. You will see how strapped the peelers are if there is no big anti drink driving campaign this year that uses up a lot of extra cash, I think

"Oh boo hoo"? When I say extended, i don't mean buggering off to the pub and not coming back, like quite alot of other govt employees do! Extended means an extra half an hour on top of the half hour unpaid meal break we already get! Anyway, that last advert for the anti drink drive campaign (or was it the drugs one?) was the female cop not done for drink driving herself?

The NIO pays for those info-mercials anyway, not the psni.

Iknow the NIO pays for that its the actual operations themselves lots of overtime involved in running them.
    Anyone else looking forward to a weekend of not worrying about the phone ringing?

Iknow the NIO pays for that its the actual operations themselves lots of overtime involved in running them.
    Anyone else looking forward to a weekend of not worrying about the phone ringing?

ME! Although it'd be a pretty great birthday pressie if the call came today. Hear that recruitment??!!

Maybe calls or at least a bit of more solid info will be available next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Im going to a wedding today of one of the cops in the 'just one look (thats all it took)' advert. Useless piece of info but thought id mention it anyway. :(:D

Im going to a wedding today of one of the cops in the 'just one look (thats all it took)' advert. Useless piece of info but thought id mention it anyway. :(:D

Get you mixing with the actors! I think that those adverts are pretty good, I have mates who come over from Scotland quite alot and they always comment on them being so hard hitting but definately get the message across, NIO/PSNI have their thinking caps on there at least.... the one with the footballer going through the backgarden fence is the worst, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Hope you have a nice day, weather is pretty pants, but lots of food and wine will warm your cockles!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Get you mixing with the actors! I think that those adverts are pretty good, I have mates who come over from Scotland quite alot and they always comment on them being so hard hitting but definately get the message across, NIO/PSNI have their thinking caps on there at least.... the one with the footballer going through the backgarden fence is the worst, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Hope you have a nice day, weather is pretty pants, but lots of food and wine will warm your cockles!:D

He is a real cop though. All the emergeny services professionals in those ads are real. Before i met him i thought they were actors. Just got my hair done there. Tamed Amy Winehouse!!!!!!

• Advertisement

So no calls (for boardies) this week then?! :(

Was talking to a reliable source today who reliably informed me that Sir Hugh will get his money and recruiting will go ahead as normal in the next two weeks!! I hope this helps all of you are patiently waiting on your call eh Carlty!!! ;)

Was talking to a reliable source today who reliably informed me that Sir Hugh will get his money and recruiting will go ahead as normal in the next two weeks!! I hope this helps all of you are patiently waiting on your call eh Carlty!!! ;)

Woo hoo!!! Which also hopefully means that C15 will be going ahead too. Wish it would roll round now. So Pi$$ed off at not having got in this time :(.

Woo hoo!!! Which also hopefully means that C15 will be going ahead too. Wish it would roll round now. So Pi$$ed off at not having got in this time :(.

Thats right MGH C15 will be going on as normal too i just think i have made your day;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭cpn

I hope that this is the case! It would be nice to get some kind of news before christmas!

Also great news for c15!

cpn wrote: »
    I hope that this is the case! It would be nice to get some kind of news before christmas!

Also great news for c15!

Going ahead as normal within next two weeks cpn would i lie to you mate!!!!;)

Wait another 2 weeks!?!??
    I dont care if the call comes I have decided my notice to present employer will be in the form of
    EMPLOYER: "where is he?"
    EMPLOYEE: "dont know"
    EMPLOYER: "Phone him!"
    EMPLOYEE: "I did, the number he gave us isnt actually his!"
    EMPLOYER:"the dirty B******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ME 2 weeks later on the phone: "post the old p45 out for us you shower of s****!"
    or is that a bit formal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

Yep!! That is incredibly useless... in fact im not even sure id even call that info...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Hey Carlty! Have many of us got calls recently for C14? Apart from those who started on November 16th I mean? What about us 'Originals' who've been on since the start of C14 or before? Sorry to fry your head with questions like :p

I got word of my medical pass yesterday, im over the moon about it :) I figure I should ring recruitment soon and get my merit score :(

• Advertisement

doug-26 wrote: »
    Hey Carlty! Have many of us got calls recently for C14? Apart from those who started on November 16th I mean? What about us 'Originals' who've been on since the start of C14 or before? Sorry to fry your head with questions like :p

I got word of my medical pass yesterday, im over the moon about it :) I figure I should ring recruitment soon and get my merit score :(

Hey buddy. Congrats on the medical pass. Just your vetting, SMT and merit score to find out about now.

As far as I know there were a few people from C14 who started on the Nov-16 intake (two of which were boardies).

The next intake is rumoured to be Dec-28, but to date nobody (that we know of) has got the call.

Most of us still here at this point have been here since the start of C14. Some of us unfortunates have been here even longer. :(

Advertisement