Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - The Waiting Room

1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

First off hanging on don't worry about how long you've been waiting. If all has cleared through depending on where they are in merit lists you could get the call soon or a number of months from now or if your especially unlucky have to be vetted again and then finally get the call a year from now. There are people waiting over 2 years since start of their application for one reason or another so you don't need to get jittery just yet ;)

p.s. they are still clearing up c14 ers at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hanging_on

Cheers,

heard from a friend in the job that the phonecalls went out in the last week or so for the march intake. Back to square again got another initial assessment coming up in next couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Just found out yesterday my vetting has cleared. YAY!!! This was of course after Id sat the IST for C16, but ah well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

Just found out yesterday my vetting has cleared. YAY!!! This was of course after Id sat the IST for C16, but ah well :D

Congrats on getting the vetting result. I just found out I did not pass vetting due to fixed penalty tickets and parking tickets. All were paid on time so I was surprised they were taken into account.

I'm sure you will get the call very soon. Good luck for GV.

Misterjay wrote: »
    Congrats on getting the vetting result. I just found out I did not pass vetting due to fixed penalty tickets and parking tickets. All were paid on time so I was surprised they were taken into account.

I'm sure you will get the call very soon. Good luck for GV.

No way!! That sucks! Im so sorry to hear that!
    Are you going to appeal it?

No way!! That sucks! Im so sorry to hear that!
    Are you going to appeal it?

Mulling it over at present. I was gutted when I realised what the letter was all about. Really wasn't expecting it. I guess that is a lesson learnt for me.

Mulling it over at present. I was gutted when I realised what the letter was all about. Really wasn't expecting it. I guess that is a lesson learnt for me.

I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling after getting this far. Were they recent tickets etc?

I cant even begin to imagine how you are feeling after getting this far. Were they recent tickets etc?

Within the last five years.

Within a couple of years.

Try and appeal, cant hurt can it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 deanj685

Try and appeal, cant hurt can it?
    how did you find out about your vetting?

• Advertisement

deanj685 wrote: »
    how did you find out about your vetting?

Ring external apts and ask for the email address, they will only correspond via email. They are usually very quick at responding, they will either tell you if its cleared or ongoing

Mine took from beg Nov until this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 BelfastJarhead

Congrats MrsMikeLowrey!! Still waiting here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FogInHell

Im really gutted for you Misterjay. I think you should appeal. What were the fixed penalties for?

FogInHell wrote: »
    Im really gutted for you Misterjay. I think you should appeal. What were the fixed penalties for?

I guess they can afford to pick and choose due to the number of applicants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

That seems really harsh Mjay.........how many tickets and fines are we talking about........did you disclose them on your vetting forms??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

At this point, I would refer all to the charter, specifically the bit where it advises people not to gradually disclose pieces of information that, when compiled, could disclose their identity to those who monitor this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hanging_on

Congrats, on you result. Just sat my c16 ist today. will try to ring external appointments and get the email addess to check on vetting progress. Any word what intake you will be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

how did you find out it had cleared?

Ring external apts and ask for the email address for vetting

• Advertisement

hmmmm i have the e-mail address but it does say not to contact them unless its for a change of details or whatever. I think ill just leave it.

is this the final stage...so once you pass vetting there is nothing to stop you from the start line that is HG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

once medical and vetting stages are done and pass there is nothing else to do but sit and wait! Get comfortable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patientlywaitin

Can anyone help, I have split with my partner after sending my vetting away so I need to contact them. How do I do this?
    Thanks

Can anyone help, I have split with my partner after sending my vetting away so I need to contact them. How do I do this?
    Thanks

Ring the main switchboard and ask to be put through to Vetting.

Good luck.

once medical and vetting stages are done and pass there is nothing else to do but sit and wait! Get comfortable!

Lets hope this month is lucky for us eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

Lets hope this month is lucky for us eh??

Too right! I'm definately ready for the call! They must be getting close to us now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thompson11

Hi guys do any of you's know if there is gonna be an April and may intake?

do you think with the policing powers being transfered to stormont will affect recruitment in the psni?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

do you think with the policing powers being transfered to stormont will affect recruitment in the psni?

yes I would safely say so, it wont affect this years campaign but there will prob be changes for the future recruitment drives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 .snowy.

psni wrote: »
    So you've done everything and now you're just waiting. Pull up a seat and hope they don't leave you waiting too long! You'll be in good company.

Waiting can vary. I applied in July 2007, had my exam about a month after the closure of the campaign. Then had second assessment early September. Medical at Halloween, got the call to start in January '08 early December. Some of the people I started with took several attempts and few years.

You can ring up and ask what number you are in the merit list too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

Is anyone else going mad with waiting? My vetting is cleared after 2 and a half years and my medical is cleared too. Whew! I have to say its been very tough! Anybody else out there feeling the same way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Stoic , you certainly live up to your name ! Thanks for posting your experience here - it illustrates perfectly just how long vetting may take.

Ah Delancey,
    I am sure you must have seen it all on here. It sure has been an experience let me tell you. I have been doing all that I can to try and leave the prospect of a job in the PSNI on and back burner and just get on with my life in the mean time. Its not easy and I have been reletively unsuccessful! hehe. Once you have you heart set on something, its tough to rein it in and tread water. But its given me lots of time to think, read, study and mature! Not to mention do a bit of physical training too. I'll be watching this site pretty close over the next while I am very sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭rookie_boarder

Is anyone else going mad with waiting? My vetting is cleared after 2 and a half years and my medical is cleared too. Whew! I have to say its been very tough! Anybody else out there feeling the same way?

i think i'm the new you!

Well at least we are in good company. I think our wait should be over soon. What do you think? We just gotta be cool.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 erneboy

Is this seat free? Good. Looks like I am in the waiting room and I am glad to have a comfy seat.

• 2021 Bump

Advertisement