Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting to Xbox Live via my PC...

• 14-06-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Ok peeps I'm trying to connect to Xbox Live via my PC which is connected to the web via a USB wireless dongle and a wireless Eircom router downstairs. I have my 360 and PC connected via an Ethernet cable. I have bridged the connection between the two connection entites and turned on internet connection sharing however when I run the Xbox connection test it fails at IP Address (the second step I think). Can someone help me?

Its like this...

Wireless Router <
    Wireless Dongle
    > PC <
    Ethernet Cable
    > Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Did you have a look here?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/windowsics-usb.htm

My setup is similar to yours (but not exactly the same) and this guide helped me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Geff wrote: »
    I have my 360 and PC connected via an Ethernet cable.

OK, call me captain obvious, but your using a crossover cable to connect the 360 to the PC and not a normal ethernet cable?

Alternatively, you could buy this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=321791 for 20 quid, and you could have.....

Wireless Router -> Switch -> One cable from switch to pc -> One cable from switch to 360.

No setup needed. Plug in the cables and everything works, and you've got an extra port if you ever need another device connected to the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stimulant

I set this up last night with an eircom router and nothing else.
    Also that test still fails.

From connecting to the router both your laptop and xbox360 will be automatically given an IP address which will be on the same network.

Accessing the information works differently from accessing information from PC to PC.
    You also do not have to connect them directly; the router will be able to connect the two.

The Xbox 360 uses media sharing through Windows Media player 11, to play the content stored on your pc.

Here is a youtube video on how to set it up after both the xbox 360 and pc are connected to the router. (Both can access the internet.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7BU1DA4EU

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

Geff wrote: »
    Ok peeps I'm trying to connect to Xbox Live via my PC which is connected to the web via a USB wireless dongle and a wireless Eircom router downstairs. I have my 360 and PC connected via an Ethernet cable. I have bridged the connection between the two connection entites and turned on internet connection sharing however when I run the Xbox connection test it fails at IP Address (the second step I think). Can someone help me?

Its like this...

Wireless Router <
    Wireless Dongle
    > PC <
    Ethernet Cable
    > Xbox 360

Here's a link to a guide i wrote for exactly this.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211456

Go through it step by step, the problem i think is that you bridged the connections AND turned on internet sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    OK, call me captain obvious, but your using a crossover cable to connect the 360 to the PC and not a normal ethernet cable

I've got the lead that comes with a Premium 360 out of the box. Is this a crossover cable or a regular Ethernet cable?

• Advertisement
Advertisement