Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuir Moderator cosc orm mar is Gaeilgeoir me!

Options
  • 14-06-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Bhi me ag caint sa forum 'Personal Issues' as Gaeige ar ndoigh.
    Chuir an moderator cosc orm mar bhi me ag caint an chead teanga an tirthe seo.I mo thuairim,nil se sin cothrom ar cor ar bith.Cad a cheapann sibhse?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055309867&page=7

Na dean dearmad,is i Bearla na an dara teanga an tirthe seo.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This is not the feedback forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

GA361 wrote: »
    Má raibh tú ag caint ansiúd gan fadanna freisinn, ní raibh tú ag caint as Gaeilge.
    Níol sé deacair. Déan beagáin iarracht, led' thuile.
    Chuir an moderator cosc orm mar bhi me ag caint an chead teanga an tirthe seo.
    I chuile dáiríre, níol an Gaeilge an chéad teanga den tír seo ach sa súile dlí. Níol aon Gaeilge ag an gnamhfear ar an sráid.
    Cad a cheapann sibhse?
    Bhí an mícheart agat. Fuair tú an cosc már cheist tú ar an moderator. An bfhuil tú ido bréagóir freisinn?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Aistrithe go Feedback.

Get the hell out of here with that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Well this is fun.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pulp_fiction_jules.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Too early for cat pics? Probably not. This is the only Irish lolcat I could find.

funny-pictures-irish-jig-cat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Tá tú glan as do mheabhair OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Any chance you'll translate that into English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

"Bhi me ag caint sa forum 'Personal Issues' as Gaeige ar ndoigh."
    I was talking in Irish on the Personal Issues forum.

"Chuir an moderator cosc orm mar bhi me ag caint an chead teanga an tirthe seo."
    A moderator banned me because I was speaking in the first tongue of this country"

"I mo thuairim,nil se sin cothrom ar cor ar bith.Cad a cheapann sibhse?"
    In my opinion, this is not a bit <word cothrom not in my dictionary or vocabulary which I assume to mean fair> what do you all think"

"Na dean dearmad,is i Bearla na an dara teanga an tirthe seo. "
    Don't forget, English is the second language of this country.

To which I replied.
    "Má raibh tú ag caint ansiúd gan fadanna freisinn, ní raibh tú ag caint as Gaeilge.
    Níol sé deacair. Déan beagáin iarracht, led' thuile."
    If you were talking there without fadas as well, you weren't talking in Irish. It's not that difficult, make a little effort please.

"I chuile dáiríre, níol an Gaeilge an chéad teanga den tír seo ach sa súile dlí. Níol aon Gaeilge ag an gnamhfear ar an sráid."
    In all seriousness, Irish is not the first language of this country except legally. The normal bloke on the street has no Irish.

"Bhí an mícheart agat. Fuair tú an cosc már cheist tú ar an moderator. An bfhuil tú ido bréagóir freisinn? "
    You were in the wrong. You received the warning for openly questioning a mod. Are you a liar as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Is fadhb beag é. Scríobh sé post as Gaeilge. Oh noes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I think the issue is more the person's motivation for posting in Irish, rather than the fact that the post was in Irish.

I think you'll find that this person is tryng deliberately to be obtuse and priggish, not to be constructive and contribute to the forum in any meaningful way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Acting like a twat transcends the language divide. OP is a liar with an axe to grind.

I can't work out if he's intentionally playing on a Gaeilgeoir stereotype, or just unintentionally living down to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Conas a deirtear "troll" as Ghaeilge?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Níl fhios agam, ach b'fheidhir go bhfuil 'amadán' níos mo oiriúnach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

karlzbergkitteh128579318874761585.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Níl fhios agam, ach b'fheidhir go bhfuil 'amadán' níos mo oiriúnach.

Is amadán uafásach é, gan dabht ar bith. Duine an-chraicáilte ar fad. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

GA361 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

B'fhéidir go bhfuil gá l'fho-fhórum do Fhadhbanna Pearsanta.

Ní cheapaim gur chóir cosc a chuir ort mar gheall ar an méid a rinne tú. Is léir nach raibh an Mod sásta leat ach d'fhéadfadh sé/sí rabhadh a thabhairt duit in ionaid cosc a chuir ort.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Amz wrote: »
    I think the issue is more the person's motivation for posting in Irish, rather than the fact that the post was in Irish.

I think you'll find that this person is tryng deliberately to be obtuse and priggish, not to be constructive and contribute to the forum in any meaningful way.

Remnds me of McDowell doing the same while introducing his phonetapping bill a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

5_leprechaun_troll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

RuggieBear wrote: »
    Remnds me of McDowell doing the same while introducing his phonetapping bill a few years back.
    Aye and look where that got him.

I'm all for speaking Irish, for cultivating it as a language and encouraging its use.

However, using it as a means of isolating people, or excluding people from conversations etc. is not a way to do so. It's behaviour like that which paints "Gaelgeoirs" in a bad light and which has resulted in the stereotypical view of the ignorant, prig Gaelgeoirs that non-Gaelgeoirs have. That's why such behaviour is met with a perceived hostility.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Chuir an moderator cosc orm mar bhi me ag caint an chead teanga an tirthe seo.I mo thuairim,nil se sin cothrom ar cor ar bith.Cad a cheapann sibhse?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055309867&page=7

Na dean dearmad,is i Bearla na an dara teanga an tirthe seo.
    Tá mé ag not have a fúcking clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

First 3 words were a good effort! Well done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

OP: Póg mo thoin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Je ne sais pas. C'est ca!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

LOLLED agus ta me not even ag ol yet :D

*Winner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

Get the hell out of here with that crap.

Please try and refrain from showing your complete ignorance. I am not a great Irish speaker but I respect anybody who does speak it well. Have a little cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I presume zaraba was referring to the laughable whinge rather than the language it was in...

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I presume zaraba was referring to the laughable whinge rather than the language it was in...

Exactly - I have no issue with the Irish language, but have a very big issue with people getting on their high horse and using it in the manner of the OP.

Amz expressed my sentiments perfectly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement