Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chuir Moderator cosc orm mar is Gaeilgeoir me!

Options
2»

Comments

I respect anybody who does speak it well.

Even when they are being a dick?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP: Is cac do chuid Ghaeilge. Go bhfuictear thú mar garlach fiar-shúileach.

[trans]Your Irish is sh!t. Fnck you for a cross-eyed baxtard.[/trans]

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I personally think that the OP is looking for attention, has no manners to speak of (posting an irish speaking reply to an english speaking question) and really should cop on to himself and get down off his high horse!!
    If he hadn't gotten all this attention for this I can guarantee you that in another few weeks he'd have another thread here giving out about being banned for something equally stupid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Oh look I'm being controversial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

On a slightly more constructive/less abusive note is there any chance that in the future(it will happen:D), nuair a tuigeann gnáth Éireannach an abairt galánta seo san iomlán, that we can have Béarla and Irish posts sholder to sholder, or as a private forum will Gaelgeoirs be eventually shunned to having to set up our own forum, and stop mooching of you Béarladoirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

We're reenacting Lord of the Rings right? Mithryl and Bilbo Haggis and Smeagol Baggins etc. Fair play to Irish Gaelic as it is more studied than Scots Gaelic which is a shame as I am Scottish. But surely the better the language: the more people that understand it?

If GLARBSPEAKKKK were suddenly understood by the whole world/galaxy/spiritualityness tomorrow - wouldn't that be the best language of all time? And space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I thanked everyone in this thread who typed in Irish, although I haven't a bleed'n clue what was said.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mairt wrote: »
    I thanked everyone in this thread who typed in Irish, although I haven't a bleed'n clue what was said.
    I made an attempt at posting in Irish. Doesn't that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I made an attempt at posting in Irish. Doesn't that count?

Ah ya, tabhair buíochas d’Almighty, a Mhairt!

(Give thanks to Almighty, Mairt!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

janeybabe wrote: »

Go raimh mile maith agat.*

*my primary school Irish finally gets some use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

janeybabe wrote: »

there must be a limit to the amount of 'thanks' a member can issue, 'cause mines all used up now.

Thanks 'Almight me ol skin.

there must be a limit to the amount of 'thanks' a member can issue, 'cause mines all used up now.

Thanks 'Almight me ol skin.
    Yeah it's a ten a day limit or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Hehe, this reminds me of this thread.

Unfortunately, generalmiaow's images seem to no longer exist, though this one I made still does:
    catantsilealajo8.jpg

Dearbhaím go bhfuil an snáithín seo anois faoi phictiúirí greannmhaire de chait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Go raibh míle maith agat, a Mháirt!
    (Thank you very much, Tuesday!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Chuaigh me dul go dti an siopa agus cheannaigh me dha milsean agus un pratai, ansin dith me mo milsean agus mo pratai.

Translation: Why on earth would you post on a message board in Irish when you know for a fact that much more people will understand you when you speak english. Attention seeker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

After reading all these shíte threads yesterday I dreamt in Irish a little bit last night and I don't even speak it very well.

The OP got inside my brain!!! :eek: Where's the tinfoil?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Chuaigh me dul go dti an siopa agus cheannaigh me dha milsean agus un pratai, ansin dith me mo milsean agus mo pratai.

Translation: Why on earth would you post on a message board in Irish when you know for a fact that much more people will understand you when you speak english. Attention seeker

Kudos on mixing in some French there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ta me amach as mo cheann na cocaini!!! Ta se go halainn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Is maith liom càca milis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Mods, an bhuil chead agam dul go dti an leithreas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ha, that's brilliant. Sorry I missed this thread over the weekend. It's hilarious.

Why the hell would anyone think it's a good idea to post in Irish (badly) and then moan that it's the first official language of the country? It's not an official language on boards.

To be honest looking at his spelling and grammar, he'd have been better off posting in English anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

GA361 wrote: »
    Cad a cheapann sibhse?

Je pense, vous est un grand hors sujet.
    Saloperie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement