Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

indicating during turnabout

Options
  • 14-06-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

do i need to indicate when doing my turnabout / 3 point turn at any time.
    as far as i am aware the instructor never mentioned it but a friend of mine told me last nite that i have to indicate when doing it.
    he seems adamant about it.
    who is right
    many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I was told on the first and last turn, no need on the reverse. Id do it anyway if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

You have to indicate for the first turn, it's just the same as pulling out and driving forward from the side of the road. Remember to check your blindspot here too. After that, I was always told there is no need to indicate for the second and all subsequent moves. Only indicated at the start in my test and there was no problem at all. It may take you five moves remember, so if you're constantly indicating you may get confused / confuse other drivers of what your intentions are. So i'd stick to indicating only on the first move :) Good luck

Edit: I'm not a driving instructor so don't take my word for it :) I'm sure someone will come along and give you a definite answer soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You must indicate moving from the curb. There is no requirement to do so on the second or subsequent turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I indicated at every turn in my test today and was told that it was perfectly okay to do so ... I was doing it in a housing estate with several cars and alot of people around and i indicated to let them know what my intensions were and my tester was happy with that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I indicated at every turn in my test today and was told that it was perfectly okay to do so ... I was doing it in a housing estate with several cars and alot of people around and i indicated to let them know what my intensions were and my tester was happy with that

Yes. As i said, you MUST indicate moving from the curb, Indicating after that is at your discretion. I only indicated moving from the curb during my test, but there was no other traffic or any doubt as to what my intentions were, if you feel that there is an uncertainty than by all means indicate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

thanks for all the replys.
    great advice as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I indicated at every turn in my test today and was told that it was perfectly okay to do so
    Personally I would find that unnecessary and somewhat clumsy and confusing.

As others have said, I would only indicate when leaving the kerb initially.

Advertisement