Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voodoo Envy 133

• 14-06-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking to get the new Voodoo Envy 133, released soon in the US.

This is one of those things for me that I want as much as an apple fanboy/ipervert yearns for a 3G iphone...belive me. i work with one & its not pretty.:)

(Btw Sean its thinner than an air:p)

My question is, as HP recently bought them out are Voodooo products going to be available in Ireland?

I mailed HP Ireland pre-sales who don't know. Has anyone here bought Voodoo before (over the net or abroad), are they sold over the counter or online like Dell/Alienware etc.?

Edit: I also mailed Voodoo sales but no reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

I'd say you're probably better off trying to source it from the US. You could be months waiting for HP to organise their sales and distribution to accommodate what they probably is a fairly small market here in Ireland. I'd bite the bullet and try and pick it up in the states while the dollar is so weak...

Relatively nice looking laptop though, I hope it jogs Apple into action to update their Macbook Pro line.. I've got a 4 year old Powerbook yearning for an update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hmm. was tempted by the Macbook air, but prefer Windows, flaws & all.

Got a reply from Voodoo sales, the will ship to Eire, and the warranty is valid, shipping extra, to be expected I suppose.

An eventual UK launch is planned, it won’t be until well into 2009.

It will not be available through HP Ireland(at this time).

You're bang on about the exchange rate, $2099 for basic spec. = €1370+€200 max for options & shipping=€1570, vs. €1699 for the Macbook air, seriously cool pice of kit for the money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is shipping including customs duty? If not you should factor that in as that will considerably raise the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Yeah, you'll be hit for at least 21% vat, and possibly a little more if there's a handling charge, or import duty.

Still, very swanky machine....I like the shared USB/esata port, and the ethernet port being in the powerbrick is a very clever idea. I bet apple are kicking themselves they didn't think of that.

Its waaay more than i would (or could:o) spend, but hey, if you've got the money, there's no denying its a cool bit of kit. Post up a review if you actually go ahead with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yeah, you'll be hit for at least 21% vat, and possibly a little more if there's a handling charge, or import duty.

Still, very swanky machine....I like the shared USB/esata port, and the ethernet port being in the powerbrick is a very clever idea. I bet apple are kicking themselves they didn't think of that.

Its waaay more than i would (or could:o) spend, but hey, if you've got the money, there's no denying its a cool bit of kit. Post up a review if you actually go ahead with it.

The SSD, backlit kb, scroll/pinch trackpad & instant on do it for me. Definitely getting one-minus the Vat its a good buy in comparrison to the X300 I nearly went with.

Time to have a chat with the relatives across the pond;)

Not released for a few weeks & will post review when I get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

glynf wrote: »
    Not released for a few weeks & will post review when I get.

Please do post a review, I'd love to read it. It looks like a fine machine, don't forget to include lots of pictures.

Advertisement