Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Neatness

Options
  • 14-06-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

When asked to draw a diagram of apparatus, do we always use the graph paper, or can we use the answer booklet - are rulers always used?

(I know graph's go on graph paper!)

Also, the pencil / biro situation, can we draw graph-lines / apparatus in biro? It's just in the mocks I was using a pencil and could barely make out my own work . . .

BTW - What's this Gueger/Muller theory I keep hearing of? Is it Particle Physics because my notes don't include it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

fivetwenty wrote: »
    When asked to draw a diagram of apparatus, do we always use the graph paper, or can we use the answer booklet - are rulers always used?
    You can do it where ever you want with or without ruler.
    Also, the pencil / biro situation, can we draw graph-lines / apparatus in biro? It's just in the mocks I was using a pencil and could barely make out my own work . . .
    You can write in whatever you want, I don't think they like red biro though. Best keep it to blue/black.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I usually write in black pen, do diagrams in pencil in the booklet and as you said graphs on graph paper.

Is it possible you had that annoying yellow paper for your mocks? I was a little worried using pencil for maths but then the LC booklets are all white paper so it was grand.

The geiger-muller tube is the yoke for detecting radioactivity so it's towards the end of the book (real world physics?) but not in particle physics. It's not major, but someone tipped it to come up on the boards so it's been floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

)

Could be the pencil grade. 2h and up is pretty useless for most drawing besides very fine lines, HB is a safe bet

Advertisement