Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG Paper 2 - (A) or (B)?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Everyone seems to be doing Building applications here - anyone doing (A)'s version?

Q2 (CAM) will be the same old, as will the Development Q, and the time-consuming Elevation, Plan &End-View one (leavin it till last) . . .

But how can you prepare for Q6(b - CAD)? I never used i but they have new commands coming up every year, I know a few but hopefully they'll be repeating themselves for the final year . . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Milky Joe

im doing paper a as well! we seem to b a pretty rare bunch1
    for cad we were given piles of usless sheets which really didn;t help at all
    i would say do 6a its a piece of p*ss! drawing a couple of gear teeth and maybe label a mechanism orsomething.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Paper 2 a myslef. Have do excellent on Monday is I want to get an A - made some stupid mistakes yesterday. My summeries

Q1 - and interesting challenging question. I dont have much problem putting it together, its the drawing takes so long. And im not 100% on hatching.
    Q2 - I would imagine most/everyone does this. Same thing, year in year out. Dont want to jinx it though.
    Q3 - Can be time consuming. Sheet metal joints arent my forte either.
    Q4 - Plan, elevation etc - easy but time consuming, will preobably do this. Hidden detaill??
    Q5 - havent done isometric in ages.
    Q6(a) - can be easy, can be hard
    Q6(b) - no, no, no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Paper B :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭shanedownfall

Doing paper 2a meself. Cams and developments should be grand. I'l be doin them first to leave myself with plenty of time for the assembly and section questions.

Advertisement