Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

METCLUB MEMBERS

• 14-06-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey all Metclub Members!

I'm thinking of starting a Metclub Chapter for all us members on this side of the pond. I'm based in Co. Clare but would love to hear from all fans from around the country be you old school fans, new to metallica or anywhere in between. Is anyone out there sick going out to various bars and all you hear is pop or hip-hop or whatever they call that crap these days. Any ideas you may have are more than welcome. I think it would be great to have somewhere for fans to communicate and exchange ideas, opinions and scheme up any excuse to party our way. My e-mail is klmetfan.01@gmail.com . Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There already is an Irish chapter. Check the MetClub site for details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

there's only one in the north now last time i checked,there used to be a dublin one but it must've dibanded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 chattyk

There is one up the North. Also there was one list on metclub in Leixlip Co. Kildare. I tried several times to e-mail so I could join but they never replied and now they are gone off the list.

chattyk wrote: »
    There is one up the North. Also there was one list on metclub in Leixlip Co. Kildare. I tried several times to e-mail so I could join but they never replied and now they are gone off the list.

yeah,it was a guy called martin murray iirc. met up with a few of them before the 2003 gig at the rds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

chattyk wrote: »
    Hey all Metclub Members!

I'm thinking of starting a Metclub Chapter for all us members on this side of the pond. I'm based in Co. Clare but would love to hear from all fans from around the country be you old school fans, new to metallica or anywhere in between. Is anyone out there sick going out to various bars and all you hear is pop or hip-hop or whatever they call that crap these days. Any ideas you may have are more than welcome. I think it would be great to have somewhere for fans to communicate and exchange ideas, opinions and scheme up any excuse to party our way. My e-mail is klmetfan.01@gmail.com . Let me know what you think. Cheers!

F**kin cool idea. I would be up for it. A starting point would maybe be designing a newsletter to distribute to other chapter members either by e-mail or snail mail, and also to meet up at gigs......?

I'm based in Dublin, btw............pm me if ya wanna get in touch about it...?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I keep meaning to join metclub but always forget! Is it worth it really?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I joined it last week. Let's wait and see what I get.

faceman wrote: »

depends on what you're looking for i suppose. i joined a few years ago and some of the stuff is the usual ****e you'd expect,printed autographed pic of the band,membership card etc. the t-shirt is cool,there's a new design every year,usually drawn by hetfield or pushead(this years is his work). you also get a chance to win a meet and greet at a gig(still trying!!!!!!) and the so what magazine which is probably worth it alone imo. it's $60 for international premier which given the exchange rate at the moment is pretty good. there's also a members only message board which is excellent as it's made up mainly of articulate and reasonable people unlike the metallica.com boards which are full of kids who are complete fanboys or are there just to bash them.

i'm biased but i think it's value for money. also,metclub members get the mission:metallica platinum experience for nothing.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I joined!!!!

Would love to meet Jason, hold on a min.... DOH!!! :D Think i'd be more interesting in meeting the road crew now!!!

The wife meet him while i waited outside when they last played the point :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I joined last week myself. The access to the platinum MissionMetallica is worth it! There's so much content between the 2 sites. Must check out the message board.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    I joined it a few years ago and it was a waste of money. just get a little pack and a monthly magazine.
    Dont know what its like now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

what is metclub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

j0e wrote: »
    what is metclub?

http://www.metclub.com

There ya go. Hope the link works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

well i signed up for metclub last nite. Hopefully i will get a chance at some stage to go to a meet and greet.

Advertisement