Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from boards forum because I spoke Irish!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

This thread has just become a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

GA361 wrote: »

Congratulations

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It always was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

nevf wrote: »
    I love you too. Don't make promises you can't keep.

:eek::eek::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

181 replies and you finally figured that out.

Well done.

Thá Thú on-whaith

• Advertisement

Everyone is drunk! Tout le monde est ivre!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

5704a5da1a7c5002bc5ebf1cfc18e197.jpg

jaffa20 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::confused:
    eh? don't tell me you want to punch me in the centre of my face too?

Oh my, today just isn't my lucky day..... :D

Sherifu wrote: »
    [ IMG ]
    For God sake woman, it's the bleedin' peanut!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Im surprised it hasnt been closed yet

. . . me too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It took you this long to spot that?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

boardshazspoke128579617208682164.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

LOL thread. Nomination for funniest thread of the year tbh.

GA361: it was a joke from the second you posted. I'm irish and haven't a fuppin clue what the hell you said.

Guess what? Some Irish people don't know Gaeilge, don't want to know gaeilge, cannot speak or read gaeilge, and probably never will need to.

Thanks for the laughs.

eh? don't tell me you want to punch me in the centre of my face too?

Oh my, today just isn't my lucky day..... :D

nah i was shocked at the abusive chat used against u. Sorry used wrong quote...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Odd that you just happen to come on and post just as Ga361, isn't it.

Odd that you just happen to come on and post just as Ga361, isn't it.

You what! I just joined earlier today and i am in no way affiliated with him. Gee, some people are so cynical. Blah, think what u like. Welcome to the world of boards.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

. . . me too
    You'd like that wouldnt you.

1. This is a private website and its first language is English. Like much of the internet.

2. Arguing with mods on threads about their moderation is OFF TOPIC in any forum except this one, where it is covered and considered on topic.

Sorry if you confused us with the country Ireland. Yes, its first language is Irish (a language I am fluent in by the way) and if this website were say, run by the Government of Ireland then you would have a point.
    But its not, its a website called Boards.ie and its first language is English.

You were not banned for speaking Irish, we in fact have a whole section for Irish speakers, you were banned for arguing with a mod on a thread. Standard ban tbh.

Finally, I have no idea what Micheal Collins would have said but my grandfather (James Hancock) was his right hand man and I know what he would have said about people like you but we have rules here about civility too, so I wont say.

This thread will close soon but I am available for radio interviews with any reasonable notice in order to defend our position if you wish.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lockage \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

GA361:
    You got banned deal with it. is it really that big of a deal to waste a whole night on it?

Well thank you Jaffa20. :D
    You what! I just joined earlier today and i am in no way affiliated with him. Gee, some people are so cynical. Blah, think what u like. Wellcome to the world of boards.ie!
    Well it does look very odd that you only joined today, and that most of your posts are on this thread, but if I believe you, even if the world doesn't!
    Mr Crystal wrote: »
    Im actually really surprised the OP hasnt been banned as a troll yet.
    Same here actually. But then again, if he got banned, that would just be Boards.ie being racist against irish people of course.

newblue08 wrote: »
    GA361:
    You got banned deal with it. is it really that big of a deal to waste a whole night on it?

You mean a whole day :D I want my saturday back!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

DeV speaks Irish? :eek:

I take it back, he is cooler than RedXIV

You should write a stiff letter....on cardboard

newblue08 wrote: »
    You should write a stiff letter....on cardboard
    Or contact your local politician...

Well thank you Jaffa20. :D
    Well it does look very odd that you only joined today, and that most of your posts are on this thread, but if I believe you, even if the world doesn't!
    Same here actually. But then again, if he got banned, that would just be Boards.ie being racist against irish people of course.

I know, it's sad that this is how i spend my saturday but i just came across it and became engrossed. i have a few other posts though. Btw, i don't agree with how GA approached the situation, he should have went on feedback as the rules state. Also, i do believe that he is an attention seeker by posting it publicly. But i do agree with him that he should be allowed to post in irish if he wants to. It's not harming me and i don't speak irish. But if the moderator says he can't, so be it. Not the end of the world! Anyway, thanks for believing me:D

Or contact your local politician...

if anyone has cardboard its them.

I never said that I would bring this on the radio.
    This is more of an internal matter.It is a light-hearted issue to which I didnt expect such a serious reaction.

Could anyone tell me what a troll is?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I spent 6 summers in a place outside of Galway called Camus in the 1980s. Love the language, hate the 'tards who beat it into us, forced us to read Peig and hijacked the language (and the real nationalist beliefs) and tied it to some jumped up thug squad extorting money from the 6 counties.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement