Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from boards forum because I spoke Irish!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Dudess wrote: »
    Off topic posting is not tolerated on Personal Issues which is totally fair. It's fine to a point in After Hours but not Personal Issues. Would you not consider the agenda of the particular forum? There are suicidal people starting threads there - is it too much to ask for people to stay on topic in a serious forum like that?
    FTR; I'm one of the users who got the week ban for being off-topic and whilst I'm not delighted I was banned, I completely accept it. It's only a week and I'll live with that.

Whilst then PI thread was getting slightly dragged out anyway, and that it wasn't quite as sensitive an issue as suicide, myself and the other poster still deserved what we got, and the other poster wasn't just off-topic, but was questioning a mods decision also.

...As for this thread, Dudess, why do you have to make everything so serious? :D....This thread had been a big joke up until around the 200th reply, then it became fun, and now you've just destroyed it again by making it serious :p. Troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

When in France speak French
    When in Germany speak German
    When on boards speak ENGLISH unless otherwise stated.

Irish is a beautifull language, but if I was asked for my opinion on a everyday matter by someone on the street as Gaeilge, No.1 I would be somewhat slightly ashamed in not knowing my native language and No.2 would ask the question, "why is this person talking to be as Gaeilge. Is she trying to push the issue that she is better than me by thinking she can speak Irish better than me and is somewhat superior to me?"

So OP like cambells soup, there is a time and place to do it. On boards we have sections whereby you can do it fully and get responces as Gaeilge. Other sections, you will be barking up the wrong tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

I can't believe what I'm seeing...

Someone speaking Irish on bourds.IE Getting banned for speaking Irish... Thats ******* insane... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    I can't believe what I'm seeing...

Someone speaking Irish on bourds.IE Getting banned for speaking Irish... Thats ******* insane... :mad:

...except that they weren't banned for speaking Irish.
    Do yourself a favour and read the thread,not just the title, before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

Will do but only when I have less pints in me, sorry lads lol... :pac::p:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

*** The original poster was NOT banned for posting in IRISH.***

He was banned because he's a 16 year old IRA loviing troll who was deliberatly **** stirring in order to create a thread like this....oooh the great injustice.

Nice youtube channel GA361 - http://youtube.com/user/GA361

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

zAbbo wrote: »

He was banned because he's a 16 year old IRA loviing troll who was deliberatly **** stirring in order to create a thread like this....oooh the great injustice.

Nice youtube channel GA361 - http://youtube.com/user/GA361

Heh. Good spot:
    TIOCFAIDH AR LA!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm from the Irish Republic,REPUBLICAN of course.IAN PAISLEY is a desceptive prick,he knows he's lost and thats the only reason he is willing to associate with Sinn Fein.IRELAND must be united.
    Nice find zAbbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I don't speak a word of Irish, but I can at least type it correctly if it's put in front of me.

Funny that the OP doesn't, given that Irish doesn't tolerate a lack of diacritics well, hence it never adopting the French practice of leaving them out on capitals when this was technologically more convenient (as it once was, though technology has moved on).

Still, by main objection to the OPs actions is how it would interrupt how one of we the people of this website had decided to start a conversation. I dislike this anti-Republicanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Scary you tube page :O I can't believe this thread is still going!! I guess the title is catchy! Well done GA, you managed to get your attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh Jesus Christ. NOBODY has a problem with anyone posting in Irish. However, why write a post in Irish when the conversation is in English? Why? What would it achieve other than to be "contrary"? Ditto if the conversation was in Irish and someone posted a comment in English. Somehow I don't think there'd be such an uproar over people taking exception to that. Anyway, that's not even the argument. Once again: the OP was banned for being off topic and arguing with a moderator on a heavily moderated forum.

Exactly. So what is your issue?

Off topic posting is not tolerated on Personal Issues which is totally fair. It's fine to a point in After Hours but not Personal Issues. Would you not consider the agenda of the particular forum? There are suicidal people starting threads there - is it too much to ask for people to stay on topic in a serious forum like that?

Fair enough. I won't argue with a moderator. I didn't realise there was an irish speaking section. Anyway, this thread has fallen to pieces. Bit hard to stay on-topic with a **** stirrer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice find there zAbbo. I actually hoped this guy was a troll. Turns out he's for real. A full blown 16 year old chucky dancing at the crossroads. Hopefully the years that pass will bring some sense.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I just read all 250 of these posts.

I want that time back. Seriously! I've never seen such a ridiculous feedback thread.

All powerful Wibbs, can you change my mind so as to un-read this?! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Look into my eyes....... You're getting sleeeeepy...... sleeeeeeeeeepy.:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP: Is cac do chuid Ghaeilge. Go bhfuictear thú mar garlach fiar-shúileach.

[trans]Your Irish is sh!t. Fnck you for a cross-eyed baxtard.[/trans]

Not your ornery onager

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd like to be as locked as this thread is.

(did you see what I did there??)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement