Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather seats? Where to get them??

Options
  • 14-06-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm looking leathers throughout for my celica.

I've found one place that wants in the region of 700quid, can someone give me names or numbers of other places, preferably with a website??

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dont know anywhere offhand.
    I don't think you'll get a decent leather job for much less than that price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was going to say €700 was not that bad for an after market leather interior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

Its a decent price but I'd just rather see examples of work ie website before going with one place, as they say, you get what you pay for.. Also looking to get maybe 'celica' or A toyota badge embrodiened onto the seat aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you can get leatherette covers from ebay, quality's very good, but you'll have to fit them yourself.

700 quid is very cheap, make sure you see them fitted to something else first, chances are they're loose fitting rubbish ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfamilyguy

€700 is defo not real leather..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

700 definetly doesnt sound right for real leather. Mind saying where did you get that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It generally costs more than €3,000 to get a car 'leathered'.

It's usually more economical to trade in for an equivalent one with leather as standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

a friend of mine got a set of pristine leather seats out of a celica (new type) from a scrappy for 300 quid,there in his defender now but a few phone calls to scrap yards might be the 20 minutes work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

+1 - Scrapyard is your best choice if that's your budget.

Anytime I've had leather retro-fit by Cartronics it's been E2.5k(ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Leather interiors were very common on UK spec Celicas, I'd try the likes of eBay, www.traynors.co.uk and other UK based scrap yards for a second hand set.

Also try the Celica section of the UK Toyota owners forums. They will have suggestions.

• Advertisement

Will try traynors on monday, found a set on ebay for 300 pounds, pick up only though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

fallon54 wrote: »
    Will try traynors on monday, found a set on ebay for 300 pounds, pick up only though :(

Get a price for a courier to collect and deliver them to your door. Will still probably work out cheaper than what you will pay here.

Work out cheaper from the UK??? You think so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i'd say it would,couriers arent that expensive i got 4 wheels and 4 tyres from the uk couriered for £50 stg recently,it might be worth getting the seller on ebay to get you a quote for shipping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Nolan autocare are good. We use them alot - got an A4 done in there recently and it came to €1600.

Its really good stuff, and doenst seem to wear after a while.

Not been on this for a while managed to get a set of full leathers from an 05 T sport in the UK, for a total of 570. which I think was reasonable, no messing, took about an hour to remove old and fit new. Result :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Nolan autocare are good. We use them alot - got an A4 done in there recently and it came to €1600.

Its really good stuff, and doenst seem to wear after a while.

+1 for Nolans.. Got my 330 done by them last year, great work and not bad pricewise

Advertisement