Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intruder Alarm Questions and Answers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I wouldnt know as the PSA fee is based on turnover NOT profit. Thats the simple fact of it. Are you denying this or simply trying to use coincidence to back up your incorrect previous statement.
    Anyway this has nothing to do with the OPs question....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

I need help in wiring a "Aritec" shock alarm sonsor for a secure watch HKC alarm system.

The house alarm was going off on opening the front door of the house even though the alarm was not set. Z6 tamper was the event.
    It was suggested here that the wiring may be the problem on the front door.
    I took off the brown cover of the shock sensor only to find that none of the wires were screwed into the sensor unit. They either came loose over time or were never wired correctly in the first place. So I need help.

What I have is

a] black and red wire joined
    b]blue and yellow wire joined
    c]green an white wire joined

On the shock sensor cover there is the removable white piece with two screws underneath.(can hear loose bits in this)
    On the bit attached to the door there are 4 screws.
    Top &bottom ones are labelled "T"
    middle two are labelled "spare or reed"

All help is appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

OK.
    First of all go to the keypad and set the alarm then unset it, then open the red and black wires and make sure they're not touching and try part set the alarm, if it wont set and says 'front door' or 'front door shock' you know then what that pair is for. Open the yellow/blue, if the alarm rings and says 'tamper front door' or the like you know then that they are the tampers, wire these into the two terminal that say 'T' it doesn't matter which one goes where. Do the same with the green and white. I would say the red/black is for the shock sensor which is the little square thing that rattles and the green/white is the contact and should be wired into the 'reed/spare' terminal.
    Make sure the wiring on the sensor head is horizontal because it wont work otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shelly270683

ok i live in a rented apartment and we had a 24 hr power cut. The Aritech alarm (not sure of model) had mains failure and shorted out after a prolonged day of no power. Then yesterday the power came back on and the alarm went off inside the home, ive tried all codes ie 1122, 1298 and 1979. The noise of the indoor alarm was annoying so i disconnected it from the main wire to it.

Has anyone any info about this

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

ok i live in a rented apartment and we had a 24 hr power cut. The Aritech alarm (not sure of model) had mains failure and shorted out after a prolonged day of no power. Then yesterday the power came back on and the alarm went off inside the home, ive tried all codes ie 1122, 1298 and 1979. The noise of the indoor alarm was annoying so i disconnected it from the main wire to it.

Has anyone any info about this

Firstly if you have disconnected it from the mains, make sure its connected back in safely. Power it back on and when the sirens ring enter the code you were using, if that doesn't work try 01122, if the system unsets enter 01278 which is the default engineer code. If this doesn't work let me know and ill PM details on how to factory reset the panel.

• Advertisement

hi thanks for a quick reply, im not sure how to disconnect the main power to the alarm, what i done was disconnect the indoor bell in the hall, from the plastic socket it was connected with. the noise had everyone complaining even with a towel around it

hi thanks for a quick reply, im not sure how to disconnect the main power to the alarm, what i done was disconnect the indoor bell in the hall, from the plastic socket it was connected with. the noise had everyone complaining even with a towel around it

Well if you haven't touched the mains already, don't worry. Just try your own code but put a zero before it, if that doesn't work try 01122, let me know how it goes and which code worked

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To disconnect the power see is there a fused spur beside the control panel. If not try the trip switches one by one. Its usually on with a light circut (10amp) or the door bell (6 amp)

Did you have a working code for the alarm prior to the power cut?

To try default the panel
    Power down the control panel by disconnecting the mains power & also the back up battery.
    Locate the factory link on the main PCB (marked LK1) & remove this.
    Power up the system & disarm using the factory code 01122.
    If the system disarms you have sucessfully unlocked the panel & can now enter the engineer mode using the code 01278.(Don't forget to replace the factory link at this stage.) All codes & configurations can be set in this mode.

If the above does not work then the system is engineer locked..

koolkid wrote: »
    To disconnect the power see is there a fused spur beside the control panel. If not try the trip switches one by one. Its usually on with a light circut (10amp) or the door bell (6 amp)

Did you have a working code for the alarm prior to the power cut?

To try default the panel
    Power down the control panel by disconnecting the mains power & also the back up battery.
    Locate the factory link on the main PCB (marked LK1) & remove this.
    Power up the system & disarm using the factory code 01122.
    If the system disarms you have sucessfully unlocked the panel & can now enter the engineer mode using the code 01278.(Don't forget to replace the factory link at this stage.) All codes & configurations can be set in this mode.

I don't think giving this advice to somebody not in the trade is very wise for safety's sake

Hi none of the code work i took of the cover, it has a sring tamper but nothing happened there, i turned a black obect to reveal a very light code (nd-NO PASSSS)

tried all the fuses the three warning leds were still lit up

• Advertisement

Is it saying ND No Panel Data?

Hi none of the code work i took of the cover, it has a sring tamper but nothing happened there, i turned a black obect to reveal a very light code (nd-NO PASSSS)

tried all the fuses the three warning leds were still lit up

Shelly you won't find any codes printed on the equipment, if the default code didn't work, you have the option of following the last poster's instructions which will work but i would not recommend it unless you are confident you know how to do it. Either that or call the alarm company who installed it to send a service man out.

If its saying no panel data then I think what you did was cut a cable going to the keypad. Reconnect the cable you said you disconnected for the bell & see what happens.

it could be it has nd- NO PA then srambled words ss$$ on the cover is aritech cd3008

i rang the company but they went bust

If your in or around Dublin PM me your details if you want us to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Does anyone know of a company or person that can work on an astec alarm today? Ours has had its internal sounder going off since around 6am with no fault or alarm showing on it, I've tried the number on the unit but it just goes to voicemail (Kinda expect this out of hours but will keep trying)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

where are you?

Dub 15, Should have mentioned (Lack of sleep taking its toll) I have managed to get someone to come out, hopefully they will be here soon.

Sent you a PM Asok.
    Let me know how you got on.

• Advertisement

Get a HKC in, Astec nightmare

Get a HKC in, Astec nightmare
    Not if they are installed right.After all they conform to the same standard as HKC etc.

For the benefit of all this is what I recommended to Asok

I would try powering the system down (remove mains & battery) disconnect the internal.
    Power back up (leave internal disconnected) & disarm. After it disarms it should show 22 call engineer.
    Try reconnect the internal. It should ring for 2-3 seconds & the fault should disapper.

koolkid wrote: »
    Not if they are installed right.After all they conform to the same standard as HKC etc.

For the benefit of all this is what I recommended to Asok

I would try powering the system down (remove mains & battery) disconnect the internal.
    Power back up (leave internal disconnected) & disarm. After it disarms it should show 22 call engineer.
    Try reconnect the internal. It should ring for 2-3 seconds & the fault should disapper.

Shhh, lookin for a nixer

Want to hear what the cause was! Its my neighbours bloody alarm sounding, these crapshacks have such piss poor insulation for sound and because the units are just seperated by a wall it sounds just like its coming off my unit. The battery in my own was getting low so the call out from direct secure was worth it to get it changed, I can only say good things about them after I had quite a few companies flat out refuse to work on the astec.
    So now the only way I can set foot in my house without going crazy is by wearing earplugs in my closed off bedroom.... with white noise from simplynoise.com playing over the pc speakers to try cancel a bit of it out. Its really really tempting to start exploring in the wall with a masonry bit (This will likely mean me hitting power and killing myself but at least there will be silence!)

Asok ,if you are in an Apartment then get onto your property managemant to chase up the owners. Any apartments we would do would have a 90 minute cut out on the internal siren,

Sadly its a semi-detached house it doesnt seem to be rented property either so I can't even chase down a landlord :(, I think its a night for the ear plugs and white noise.

A polite note in the door recommending they get it checked usually does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi newrsoul, the cs250 can be updated with a flash card to v1.9. this will make it able to give a verified signal to a monitoring station. you need to pirs installed on your system for monitoring. hope this helps. any problems, let me know..

Any version of the CS250 can send verified alarm signals there is no need to upgrade.
    A PiR is ideal but not essential for a verified signal. Any activation of a second zone will suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭altor

not all do, monitoring require a internal pir to verifie that someone is in the premises before the guards are called since 2006. most will request you install 2 to cover different areas in the premises..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement