Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unknown direct debit showing B of Ireland

Options
  • 14-06-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have just been checking my online bank statement for a current account I have with Bank of Ireland. The following direct debit was shown: OP/BTE no 1 ACC DD. That same debit has shown up every month since June 07 with variable amounts bet 50-80 euro. It does not show up on my direct debits list. I do not know what it is and will have to wait until Mon to contact the bank. Does anyone know what it means please? I have not had an overdraft since opening the account 18 months ago. I pay regular direct debits as well as transfer money to pay my mastercard so should have no charges.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Eircom

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yup deffo Eircom. I know because that BTE code caught me too. BOI always use it for Eircom DDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Bord Telecom Eireann, in fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭shanemort

OMG i cant belive the OP had a direct debit hitting the account every month, for a diff amount that didnt make sence........ DUH any chance there was a bill of the same amount getting put in your post box in the same month???????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ray Noble

Thank you for your replies. Modern life has become very confusing, particularly when one is not as young as one used to be. It will come to us all eventually. Perhaps I should try to take up Gaeilge

As the old cock crows the young cock learns

• Advertisement
Advertisement