Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Paper 2 (b)

Options
  • 14-06-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

How ye all set for it?? Lets hope we get an easy perspective!! A cube would do nicely:pac:

Question about skew boreholes:

Is the direction of the strike parallel to your x1 y1 or perpendicular to it?/

My teacher said its perpendicular to it (along the direction of the auxiliarly for dip & thickness) but the solutions seem to be giving it paralles to X1 Y1???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Decerto

perpindicular, anyone know if there gonna continue using the 2006,2007 b parts or they gonna go back to the old ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ken_cleary

Seen as this is the last year of this sized course they'll probably keep to last years style

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Last years perspective was awful hard compaired to other years in my view. hopw it one of them solids with a few sections cut out kinda like a trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

On Hyperparobolic roof surfaces part c usually, when your asked to draw the plane director of the elemants contain lines (eg. AD and BC) thats gud , but what do you do when it is (positioned so that it contains point A?

2007 Q6 was the ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Anyone colour im cut and embankment sections in earthwork???

There's 4 marks going for presentation so would having fill red and cut blue help get these marks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 dshalloo

Never thought of colouring it

I wrote CUT or FILL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Triangle!

triangle_yves_guillou_01.png

Yes I do Pass TD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

i hear the bisecting a line question can be difficult on the pass paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Aright lads (and lassies but maybe doubtful), I do paper 2(a). To be honest its very repetitive. Two questions you get an object and cut it in half, and draw it in first angle. One whole question is developing a "transition piece" - its exactly the same as developing something a tiny bit harder that an bottle or something. We have one and a half questions on mechanisms - one half very similar to Q5 paper one, and the other 2 half's you could learn in 10 minutes.

Is paper 2(b) as predictable/basic?

Advertisement