Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil tank on top of concrete roof?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to put an oil tank on the concrete shed roof??

The roof itself is a conrete slab of about 6 inches deep.
    The yard we have is very small and were just looking for a way to save space when we get OFCH in.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

dont know about the regs but i have a mate
    here (n sligo) who did it and as long as the oil
    company can get to it easily they didnt have
    a problem(accessed it thru a landing window)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Personally I'd avoid it ,maybe look into methods of having your storage at a lower level ,rather than a higher one.
    I work on gas mostly ,but you'd want to make sure your far enough away from your neighbour. Most roofs like the one your talking about either are an ex-council shed/council house or an ajoining garage of a semi-d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

It is an ex council house alright...tbh i dont think the naighbours would mind as it would be placed on my side, also we would be going for the smallest tank possible as it will only be used when were low on turf or coal (have a stove that heats rads an hot water).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to put an oil tank on the concrete shed roof??

The roof itself is a conrete slab of about 6 inches deep.
    The yard we have is very small and were just looking for a way to save space when we get OFCH in.

cheers.

It was done in quite a few housing estates in the 70s and 80s - not sure what the regs are now.
    There are some low shaped tanks that would be suitable
    Jim.

Advertisement