Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Rental - Mileage?

Options
  • 14-06-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Howeya,

Going on hols in Europe this summer and plan to to rent a car and do quite a lot of mileage - starting on Copenhagen and ending in Helsinki to be precise.

Got a quote from Hertz for a S60 of close to €1200 for the week. The normal feel for a week is closer to 400 euro but as I am dropping it off half way across Europe, there is an additional fee - expected and fair enough. Incidently, any recommendations on getting this cheaper would be appreciated.

What I want to know though is there any mileage clause built into rental contracts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most rental companies offer unlimited mileage. This should be stated somewhere on the Rental Agreement or on the quotation. I always use Avis and they always offer unlimited mileage - I'd be surprised if Hertz were any different.

You won't really be able to dodge the one way fee as the Danish car cannot be rented in Finland so it must be returned to Denmark once you have dropped it off in Helsinki.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Cheers!!

Advertisement